Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Huckerby does it again!

San Jose is undefeated since he got there.  This is the very brief game summary in my local paper.

Earthquakes 2, Wizards 1 - Darren Huckerby scored in the 84th minute to lift host San Jose past Kansas City and out oflast place in the Western Conference for the first time all season.

For all those who want me to "get over it", I remain disappointed we didn''t offer him a contract and basically threw him under the bus.  He is tearing up MLS.  If you believe MLS is no better than Div. 1 soccer, so be it, but any player who tears up Div. 1 soccer doesn''t remain there very long, now does he?

We sure could have used him yesterday in the 84th minute at Carrow Road.

I think Mr Roeder has got egg all over his face! Huckerby has proved Roeder was wrong time and time again and it''s no wonder half the teams in the championship wanted him!

Oh yer watch out Houston Canary, the messageboard police will moan at you for not posting this in the Huckerby section!!!

Can''t disagree there regarding needing him yesterday.  By all accounts all that''s missing from the squad is someone who can put the ball into the back of the net and Huckerby could at least provide that, even if it would have been from the bench he''d have been a better option than, say, Croft.  But its still early doors, tomorrow will prove decisive for our season and once the squad beds in and Bell comes in we might start to see results...

Good to see him doing well, looked out for the result on SSN earlier today but didn''t list the scorers...

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

San Jose is undefeated since he got there.  This is the very brief game summary in my local paper.

Earthquakes 2, Wizards 1 - Darren Huckerby scored in the 84th minute to lift host San Jose past Kansas City and out oflast place in the Western Conference for the first time all season.

For all those who want me to "get over it", I remain disappointed we didn''t offer him a contract and basically threw him under the bus.  He is tearing up MLS.  If you believe MLS is no better than Div. 1 soccer, so be it, but any player who tears up Div. 1 soccer doesn''t remain there very long, now does he?

[/quote]

It''s called FOOTBALL mate, i don''t care what you call it in America if you use a English football forum call it by its proper name ffs

was fortunate to see galaxy and san jose - i couldnt believe how god awful both teams were, Beckham was terrible too. What you have to take into context is the level and standard of this type of football. Just because Huckerby played well doesnt mean he would have set the championship alight. Also have to add that he lost the ball so many times it was untrue

[quote user="colneycanary"]

I think Mr Roeder has got egg all over his face! Huckerby has proved Roeder was wrong time and time again and it''s no wonder half the teams in the championship wanted him!

Oh yer watch out Houston Canary, the messageboard police will moan at you for not posting this in the Huckerby section!!!

[/quote]NEEEE NAAAAHHH NEEEE NAAAAAHHH....LOL

Dean Ashton didn''t do much yesterday.  Rob Green had a good game, it must be said.  Earnshaw had a mare.  Gosh, what about Damien Francis?  Didn''t he do well?

[quote user="colneycanary"]And another thing! Don''t like it, well don''t bloody read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Try cleaning your keyboard, you have sticky keys.

Bunny should change his avatar to a policeman''s helmet... [;)]

Btw Bunny, is that pic anything to do with Robert Rankin? Looks like something he''d come up with....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Dean Ashton didn''t do much yesterday.  Rob Green had a good game, it must be said.  Earnshaw had a mare.  Gosh, what about Damien Francis?  Didn''t he do well?

[/quote]

What about Craig Bellamy :D

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="bunny"]

FGS....

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1819/ShowForum.aspx

[/quote]Grow up bunny, does it really matter???????[/quote]

Yes it does. The Administrators created a seperate Board for all Huckerby/Earthquakes posts. For the sake of Forum etiquette all posts of that nature should be in there.

[/quote]neeeeeeeeeeeee  naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh   neeeeeeeeeeee  naaaaaaaaahhhhhh....lmfao

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Dean Ashton didn''t do much yesterday.  Rob Green had a good game, it must be said.  Earnshaw had a mare.  Gosh, what about Damien Francis?  Didn''t he do well?

[/quote]

Ashton went with a sell out clause

Green went with a sell out clause

Earnshaw went with a sell out clause

Francis wanted to go

Huckerby got thrown out ....  these players you have mentioned have no relevance to Huckerby leaving, so your point is?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Dean Ashton didn''t do much yesterday.  Rob Green had a good game, it must be said.  Earnshaw had a mare.  Gosh, what about Damien Francis?  Didn''t he do well?[/quote]

Ashton went with a sell out clause

Green went with a sell out clause

Earnshaw went with a sell out clause

Francis wanted to go

Huckerby got thrown out ....  these players you have mentioned have no relevance to Huckerby leaving, so your point is?

[/quote]They all used to play for Norwich.  Just thought I''d complete the picture for you.Or do we only talk about Huckerby because it is a way to pour scorn on our current manager?  If so, people really do need to move on.

Haynes~hater, go roger yourself.  I would have said, "screw" but that''s likely too American for you.

Sorry for starting a Huckerby thread here, I did not notice there was a special section put aside for him.  I was wondering why anybody had yet put up anything about the game here.

Dean Ashton didn''t do much yesterday.  Rob Green had a good game, it must be said.  Earnshaw had a mare.  Gosh, what about Damien Francis?  Didn''t he do well? - Mr. Chops

As for Mr. Chops''s comment, did we just let Green, Ashton, Earnshaw and Francis go for nothing?  Were any of them City legends? (Maybe Green, but the others were not here long enough). And Ashton DID have a good game, and Green was awesome.  I was watching West Ham on TV while following the City game on the internet.  Thanks to the one who mentioned Bellamy.  His rocket sank any hopes Blackburn had, leaving them vulnerable for another late but meaningless goal.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They all used to play for Norwich.  Just thought I''d complete the picture for you.

Or do we only talk about Huckerby because it is a way to pour scorn on our current manager?  If so, people really do need to move on.

[/quote]

Perhaps you could explain why we shouldn''t pour scorn on our current manager if we think he''s made a gigantic c**k up.

Seems that a lot of people think its open season for the board - when was Roeder granted immunity?

Haynes~hater, go roger yourself.  I would have said, "screw" but that''s likely too American for you.

Sorry for starting a Huckerby thread here, I did not notice there was a special section put aside for him.  I was wondering why anybody had yet put up anything about the game here.

Dean Ashton didn''t do much yesterday.  Rob Green had a good game, it must be said.  Earnshaw had a mare.  Gosh, what about Damien Francis?  Didn''t he do well? - Mr. Chops

As for Mr. Chops''s comment, did we just let Green, Ashton, Earnshaw and Francis go for nothing?  Were any of them City legends? (Maybe Green, but the others were not here long enough). And Ashton DID have a good game, and Green was awesome.  I was watching West Ham on TV while following the City game on the internet.  Thanks to the one who mentioned Bellamy.  His rocket sank any hopes Blackburn had, leaving them vulnerable for another late but meaningless goal.

[/quote]

Umm firstly you tell me to go roger yourself then you say thanks for mentioning bellamy :| ur welcome, plus i have no problem with America, i''d prefer to live there than here, just i hate when people call it soccer does my head in

The soccer level in the MLS is really great. Darren Huckerby is becoming a massive soccer legend over there. I''m hoping the Quakes can make the Soccer play-offs and even win it!

Thanks Houston for that and well done Hucks..... yet again.

To all the ''board poiice'' on here complaining I quote one of your favourite sayings - GET OVER IT!

Funny how'' most of them are the ''Delia can do wrong brigade.

I now invite the next most popular response - YAWN!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Brring back Peter Thorne, I say.Isn''t he top scorer or something?[/quote]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/top_scorers/default.stmSign him up!

To all the ''board poiice'' on here complaining I quote one of your favourite sayings - GET OVER IT!  - Now THAT is funny!  :)

So "thanks" right back atcha, Bury Yellow.

So did Yakubu, Downing and Jason Roberts. How anyone can even think about arguing against bringing in such a majestic striker as Peter Thorne is beyond me.

[/quote]

thanks very much for posting this on here HC, agree with your sentiments, am really delighted for Hucks, our loss is San Jose''s gain. Saw a couple of San Jose shirts at the game yesterday.

ps - I couldn''t care less that you posted it on here and couldn''t care less that you call it soccer, please continue to keep us up to date.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Bunny should change his avatar to a policeman''s helmet... [;)]

Btw Bunny, is that pic anything to do with Robert Rankin? Looks like something he''d come up with....

[/quote]

Don''t know who Robert Rankin is, it''s just an evil bunny pic I found on the net..

..and spent 4 hours changing the blooming colours!