Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Ashton to Aston Villa!

Reports are coming out that Villa are to make a 12 million bid for Dean Ashton. We have a 15% sell on clause which would give us £1.8 million! It''s going to come a little too late for us to spend it!!!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Reports are coming out that Villa are to make a 12 million bid for Dean Ashton. We have a 15% sell on clause which would give us £1.8 million! It''s going to come a little too late for us to spend it!!!![/quote]i think its 15% of any profit not the total fee...12mil - 7.5 mil =4.5mil at 15% =675k to ncfc

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="colneycanary"]Reports are coming out that Villa are to make a 12 million bid for Dean Ashton. We have a 15% sell on clause which would give us £1.8 million! It''s going to come a little too late for us to spend it!!!![/quote]i think its 15% of any profit not the total fee...12mil - 7.5 mil =4.5mil at 15% =675k to ncfc[/quote]

Damn. you beat me by 2 mins

[quote user="CanaryKid2k8"]Isn''t it 15% of the profit west ham make which would be around £675,000. Both great sums of money and a great positive for the club.[/quote]

and you know that £800k of that has ''already been accounted for''

''He was transferred to West Ham on January 22, 2006 for a fee of £7 million,[13] rising to £7.25 million with two £125,000 bonuses dependent on a future England call-up and possible European qualification while Ashton is at West Ham.[14] Norwich also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause.''

Sounds about right so we would be due about £720k

Have we recieved any bonuses yet?

They''ve allegedly already bid more than that so if they bid again it today i presume it will be more still!.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

''He was transferred to West Ham on January 22, 2006 for a fee of £7 million,[13] rising to £7.25 million with two £125,000 bonuses dependent on a future England call-up and possible European qualification while Ashton is at West Ham.[14] Norwich also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause.''

[/quote]

We waived £100k of the international clause for Peter Grant...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="CanaryKid2k8"]Isn''t it 15% of the profit west ham make which would be around £675,000. Both great sums of money and a great positive for the club.[/quote]

and you know that £800k of that has ''already been accounted for''

[/quote]

Nice one!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

We waived £100k of the international clause for Peter Grant...

[/quote]arhhh good money spent....lol

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]If the Villa deal happens expect the club to release a statement saying it also got waived in the Grant deal[/quote]That would make the cost of recruiting Grant more than Worthy''s payoff! If we were going to do that wouldn''t we just spend the money on a more established manager? Yes, I know it was future income, not cash in the bank, but I can''t see it myself.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]If the Villa deal happens expect the club to release a statement saying it also got waived in the Grant deal[/quote]

That would make the cost of recruiting Grant more than Worthy''s payoff!

If we were going to do that wouldn''t we just spend the money on a more established manager? Yes, I know it was future income, not cash in the bank, but I can''t see it myself.
[/quote]

It wont have been, but expect it.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Reports are coming out that Villa are to make a 12 million bid for Dean Ashton. We have a 15% sell on clause which would give us £1.8 million! It''s going to come a little too late for us to spend it!!!![/quote]

That will go straight into Queen Rent a gob Delia''s bin, we won''t see it as its already spoken for there you are that saves Doomcaster a job in telling us