Sign in to follow this  
The Walking Man

Re: Shackell Fee

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Struck me as odd that we apparently turned down a bit in excess of 1M for Shackell a few weeks ago and now we are apparently selling him for 500K

Did we really need to sell him that badly ?

[/quote]imo i dont think we would let him go for 500k when we turned down £1mil a few weeks ago...think it would be £1.2mil something like that...undisclosed doesnt mean less

[quote user="colneycanary"]Any players in or out, it just seems every transfer we make is undisclosed! What''s the big secret??[/quote]this means we dont know how much the board is stealing...lol

I wouldn''t go as far as stealing but it hides our budget and our spending power. I know we don''t have any spending power but there''s no point in broadcasting hom much you are spending unless you want to impress i.e. Chelski.Davo

[quote user="Davo"]I wouldn''t go as far as stealing but it hides our budget and our spending power. I know we don''t have any spending power but there''s no point in broadcasting hom much you are spending unless you want to impress i.e. Chelski.

Davo
[/quote]good point davo...if we are in for some players and a club knows we have just received... £1/£1.2mil the price would be esculated

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="colneycanary"]Any players in or out, it just seems every transfer we make is undisclosed! What''s the big secret??[/quote]this means we dont know how much the board is stealing...lol[/quote]

Buy yourself a suit for your forthcoming court appearance. [:D]

[quote user="billy bunter"]heard its 500k? so poor if it is[/quote]again why would we say no to £1mil then a few weeks later say yes to 500k...think its more like £1.2 mil

Q: Richard Pryor

"Neil, why are some transfer fees "undisclosed". Norwich are not

the only club to do this by any means but you say you wish to show

transparency to supporters. Who decides when transfer fees remain

undisclosed?"

Neil: "Football League regulations require all transfer fees to be

undisclosed, but this rule is honoured as much in the breach as in the

observance. The selling club has the final say as to whether a fee is

disclosed or not. If they wish for the fee to be undisclosed, typically

they will insert a clause in the transfer agreement binding us to keep

it secret. We are keen to be as transparent as possible to supporters,

but sometimes we are prevented from being as transparent as we would

like."

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="colneycanary"]Any players in or out, it just seems every transfer we make is undisclosed! What''s the big secret??[/quote]this means we dont know how much the board is stealing...lol[/quote]

Buy yourself a suit for your forthcoming court appearance. [:D]

[/quote]i meant to say..this means we dont know how much the board is investing....lol

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="billy bunter"]heard its 500k? so poor if it is[/quote]again why would we say no to £1mil then a few weeks later say yes to 500k...think its more like £1.2 mil[/quote]

City till i die, how do you know the 1 mill quoted 1st,was correct? that couldve been paper guessing, especially as we all,well most of us, laughed at the size of the bid,and were calling for the management to bite their hand off!  so  the 500 k sounds more plausible for his ability..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="billy bunter"]heard its 500k? so poor if it is[/quote]again why would we say no to £1mil then a few weeks later say yes to 500k...think its more like £1.2 mil[/quote]

City till i die, how do you know the 1 mill quoted 1st,was correct? that couldve been paper guessing, especially as we all,well most of us, laughed at the size of the bid,and were calling for the management to bite their hand off!  so  the 500 k sounds more plausible for his ability..

[/quote]im only going on the numbers that had been bounced around...whats to say its not £1mil+  we will never no...as its undisclosed..lol

[quote user="Roedy the 5th Columnist"]

Q: Richard Pryor

"Neil, why are some transfer fees "undisclosed". Norwich are not

the only club to do this by any means but you say you wish to show

transparency to supporters. Who decides when transfer fees remain

undisclosed?"

Neil: "Football League regulations require all transfer fees to be

undisclosed, but this rule is honoured as much in the breach as in the

observance. The selling club has the final say as to whether a fee is

disclosed or not. If they wish for the fee to be undisclosed, typically

they will insert a clause in the transfer agreement binding us to keep

it secret. We are keen to be as transparent as possible to supporters,

but sometimes we are prevented from being as transparent as we would

like."

[/quote]Whoops!! Meant to add:The club are prevented from being as transparent as they would like with us fans because the selling club insist they do not disclose the fee.[8-)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]im only going on the numbers that had been bounced around...whats to say its not £1mil+  we will never no...as its undisclosed..lol[/quote]something is only worth as much as some1 else is willing to pay for it...matbe mick.mc thinks shacks is worth £1mil who knows

"whats to say its not £1mill?"  I`ll tell whats to say.. its his lack of 1mill abilty!  he is in the region of 500k ability, so if you are correct and the 1mill 1st reported is correct then mcCarthy is worse than our previous manager(cant say his name..too many bad memories),in player judgement!  :)

[quote user="Barclaybred"]"whats to say its not £1mill?"  I`ll tell whats to say.. its his lack of 1mill abilty!  he is in the region of 500k ability, so if you are correct and the 1mill 1st reported is correct then mcCarthy is worse than our previous manager(cant say his name..too many bad memories),in player judgement!  :)[/quote]maybe mick.mc was looking at video,s of shacks 3 yrs ago...lol 8-|

I guess we will find out tomorrow then as with the transfer window shut it will not matter if other clubs know how much we got for Shackell.

I''d personally sell Shackell for a 100k, but if we are getting a million for him thats just superb! And if Wolves want the fee to remain undisclosed then we have no choice in it, wish people would stop assuming we''re selling on the cheap when they haven''t a clue, really is pathetic.

Neil Doncaster once said that its to do with the club being a PLC... if one of the clubs involved in the transfer is NOT a plc then it doesnt have to make details of its transfers, or finances, public.... so any feee would remain "undisclosed" for legality.....

He said that when we signed Mattais Jonsson at the open day.

jas :)

Think about it people...........

We''re obviously not going to disclose the fee today. If it remains undisclosed then nobody knows how much we have to spend on a striker or defender etc etc!!! With the clock ticking we''ve got to be very secretive about things. Personally i''d be over the moon with Kennedy on a permanent. i striker ona permanent and another striker on loan!

We''ll see...............................

[quote user="shyster"]If it''s £500,000 is there a Wolves player as part of the deal having a medical here as we speak?[/quote]Doubt it. If there was somone would have seen him in ASDA by now.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Any players in or out, it just seems every transfer we make is undisclosed! What''s the big secret??[/quote]Because most clubs do.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7536650.stmAt a quick glance out of the last 20 transfers with money involved, 15 were undisclosed...

[quote user="cambscanary"]

Think about it people...........

We''re obviously not going to disclose the fee today. If it remains undisclosed then nobody knows how much we have to spend on a striker or defender etc etc!!! With the clock ticking we''ve got to be very secretive about things. Personally i''d be over the moon with Kennedy on a permanent. i striker ona permanent and another striker on loan!

We''ll see...............................

[/quote]Yes but every man and his dog knows we desperately need a Striker, you don''t think this knowledge alone might strengthen the hand of the seller even without knowing exactly how much we''ve got for Shacks?