I think some of you are being a little hard on him, we have played some of the best teams in the world. I watched the game on telly and yes holt didnt do that well with his passes but he got about well and made some great tackles. Its very hard against Arse to keep the ball because they close you down very quickly.

I watched them play Middlesbough the other day when Middlesbough were 3-1 up and then lost it, Middlesbough looked as though they were giving the ball away to easily but arse were very good at closing them down and not giving options for them to use. Not only can they stop the other team playing as soon as they get the ball they make it look so easy, it has such an effect that the other team are made to look stupid. This will take confidents out of the other team. Thats why there one of the best team in the world and there is not alot anyone can do about it.

As a team i felt we did very well yesterday and we kept going, we even started to play like them at one stage ( the build up towards Hucks shot second half ). Even though Holt may have been the weakest link to the team yesterday does not mean he is not going to cut it. Thoughs who dont think he can, take your hat off to one of the best teams in the world and see what the next 3 games bring. I think he is tring to improve his game and believe he will.

otbc.

I think everyone loves Holt''s attitude (how could anyone not?). And he does get in his fair share of tackles. The comments generally reflect the fact that we are a higher level now and for a central midfielder being good when the other team have the ball is not enough. I think Drury is great for example, but surely I could say he is not international class without it being a slur on him. Every player has his level, and all that we have the right to expect of them is that they play to it to the full. Holty always does, it just may be that as a team we have now moved beyond that level.

im sorry but holty runs around but he does very little and we have not got time to wait and see what happens in the next three games that sounds just like holt when he gets the ball .

No, Pompey - He needs a rest. A few weeks off and he will come back as strong as he ever was. It cannot not do his confidence any good to continue to play him when he is clearly out of touch and needs to re-discover his form. Surely this is why teams need strong squads to get through periods when players are injured or suffering loss of form. I think Safri should be given a chance, he fitted in very well yesterday and will be very useful when completely fit.

OTBC