Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Bye Bye Drury

Must be leaving. No other explanation for the Grounds signing. He may also want to play Bertrand in midfield on occasion, to keep Hoolahoop on his toes, thus freeing up the left back position. Once he''s gone, Gary D will be the very last of the old guard from our ''heady'' days in the premiership.

[quote user="a1canary"]Must be leaving. No other explanation for the Grounds signing. He may also want to play Bertrand in midfield on occasion, to keep Hoolahoop on his toes, thus freeing up the left back position. Once he''s gone, Gary D will be the very last of the old guard from our ''heady'' days in the premiership.[/quote]

Why must he be leaving? Do you know the full extent of Omazusi''s injury??

I think he will be a straight replacement for Shackell. We will use the money to get from him to sign a further 2 players permanently in my opinion, one of them being Helguson.

Am I being abit too optimistic? [:)]

Well i am speculating - but he''s a left back apparently so i don''t think it''s to do with Omazusi''s injury. And I just don''t think Drury''s face fits anymore with Roeder.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

I think he will be a straight replacement for Shackell. We will use the money to get from him to sign a further 2 players permanently in my opinion, one of them being Helguson.

Am I being abit too optimistic? [:)]

[/quote]

I think the answer you are looking for is YES! LOL [:D] [:D]

I know I mentioned Omazusi, but that was before I realised that Grounds'' apparent preferred position is at left-back - apologies, a1canary[:$]

This lad is a left back...With Archibald- Henville here too I think Drury is probably on the outs... Still, unnecessary business if you ask me! Don''t we need a forward :)

-Bigus

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Could be the sign for Drury to leave, I wouldn''t miss him to be honest.[/quote]

The thing with Drury is that i don''t think he would fit into our new team. The days of hoofing appear to thankfully be over as we are playing a neat pass and move game. Whilst Adam is competent defensively he is imo one of the worst hoofers we have had at NCFC in recent years. He would not fit into Roeders team.

Agree completely duke, Bertrand has set a new level for our left backs to reach, and I fear Drury will never be able to reach those "heights". Therefore, like I said, I for one wouldn''t be surprised if he did sign for someone else today.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Could be the sign for Drury to leave, I wouldn''t miss him to be honest.[/quote]

The thing with Drury is that i don''t think he would fit into our new team. The days of hoofing appear to thankfully be over as we are playing a neat pass and move game. Whilst Adam is competent defensively he is imo one of the worst hoofers we have had at NCFC in recent years. He would not fit into Roeders team.

[/quote]

I think the clue here is not in the ability of the players involved, but in their wages. Drury must be one of the bigger earners at the club. Indications would be that Roedent''s freeing up wages for an established, reasonably big name striker. My money''s on Helguson at the moment and i don''t think he''ll come cheap, wages wise.

Good riddance if he does go.. he has looked like a league 2 full back for a long time now... Constantly caught out of position and skinned.

jas :)

Why would we sell Drury when the other full backs we currently have are loanees? I think its far more likely to be Lappin heading for the door

Unless of course somone has put in a bid for Bertrand.....[quote user="a1canary"]Must be leaving. No other explanation for the Grounds signing. He may also want to play Bertrand in midfield on occasion, to keep Hoolahoop on his toes, thus freeing up the left back position. Once he''s gone, Gary D will be the very last of the old guard from our ''heady'' days in the premiership.[/quote]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]"Bye Bye Drury" What Grounds do you have for that comment?
[/quote]

Read my post at 5.26 John. I''m just saying that, because of the Grounds signing, i think it could be "Bye Bye" for Drury. It''s Pinkun style headline writing, i grant you, but just a bit of fund on deadline day.

Try getting in the spirit of it yourself - this page helps:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7590492.stm

Some fantastic ''Carl Court in Asda'' style rumours on there!

I thought his post was purely a ''grounds'' joke...[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]"Bye Bye Drury" What Grounds do you have for that comment?[/quote]

Read my post at 5.26 John. I''m just saying that, because of the Grounds signing, i think it could be "Bye Bye" for Drury. It''s Pinkun style headline writing, i grant you, but just a bit of fund on deadline day.

[/quote]

[quote user="a1canary"]Must be leaving. No other explanation for the Grounds signing. He may also want to play Bertrand in midfield on occasion, to keep Hoolahoop on his toes, thus freeing up the left back position. Once he''s gone, Gary D will be the very last of the old guard from our ''heady'' days in the premiership.[/quote]what a truly ridiculous post. Grounds is quite obviously just a replacement for the departing Shackell, he''s a left sided centre back, and left back. He''s taking shackell''s position as cover for Dejan. No more no less.Drury is still a very important member of the squad. Its vital we have quality in reserve in defence, thats a start at least.

I thought his post was purely a ''grounds'' joke...[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]"Bye Bye Drury" What Grounds do you have for that comment?[/quote]

[/quote]

How many times do i have to tell you, i don''t know if Drury''s out, i''m just speculating...

...(do you see what i did there, eh?!)

[quote user="a1canary"]

How many times do i have to tell you, i don''t know if Drury''s out, i''m just speculating...

...(do you see what i did there, eh?!)

[/quote]Lol, Getting into the swing of it now a1Well at least we have Stefanovic and he''s very good, in fact I think Dijon is Mustard!