Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Good for Rob Green

Andorra v England2010 Fifa World Cup QualifierGroup Six7pm, Saturday 6 September 2008Olympic Stadium, BarcelonaCroatia v England8pm, Wednesday 10 September 2008Maksimir Stadium, ZagrebFabio

Capello has named his squad for the opening two World Cup qualifiers,

with England traveling to Barcelona to face Andorra before heading to

Zagreb to take on Croatia.
Capello has named a 23 man

squad for the games and has called up Fulham midfielder Jimmy Bullard

for the first time, with injuries ruling out both Steven Gerrard and

Michael Carrick.There is also a place in the squad for West Ham

United goalkeeper Robert Green, whilst Everton defender Joleon Lescott

is back in the squad after last being involved for the friendly game

with France in March.The Three Lions head to Spain first for

their opening qualifier against Andorra next Saturday before

they travel to Croatia the following Wednesday.

Deserves it, he''s carried on his great form of last season. I hope he gets to play at some point otherwise he''s just back to square one and still in limbo...

It would be good for Capello to give him a chance against Andorra but I think he''ll keep with James.Davo

[quote user="Davo"]It would be good for Capello to give him a chance against Andorra but I think he''ll keep with James.Davo[/quote]The issue I have with James is I always get the feeling, at some point during a game, he will decide to come rushing out of his area and miss the ball - be great to see Greeno get a chance,

England in full:

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Blackburn), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham)

Defenders: Joleon Lescott (Everton), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Matthew Upson (West Ham)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Jimmy Bullard (Fulham), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), David Bentley (Tottenham), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham)

Forwards: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Emile Heskey (Wigan).

Im well happy Theo Walcott is in. Awesome player in my opinion. Not too bothered that Owen isn''t in. Very over-rated in my opinion. A shadow of the player he used to be.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

England in full:

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Blackburn), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham)

Defenders: Joleon Lescott (Everton), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Matthew Upson (West Ham)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Jimmy Bullard (Fulham), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), David Bentley (Tottenham), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham)

Forwards: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Emile Heskey (Wigan).

[/quote]

Thats gotta be 1 of the worst looking england squads on paper in ages

To be fair I''d rather see a squad made up of players who actually give a toss rather than the usual crowd who are far more concerned about their own clubs fortunes in the Champions League. If this is the squad that gels and actually plays as a team I doubt many supporters of the England team will care who they play for. It''s been too many years that the media have wet themselves over the Champions League experience and world class talent the England squad has. It''s got us so far recent years you have to say. I personally hope the underdogs put in the performance and show the commitment we would all like to see and push the big names out of the limelight they have just come to expect.

Greeno''s getting smarter too.

Wore a yellow jersey on Saturday - as a hjnt?

Oldsters should know, youngsters can guess!

Good luck Robert.

OTBC

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Davo"]It would be good for Capello to give him a chance against Andorra but I think he''ll keep with James.Davo[/quote]The issue I have with James is I always get the feeling, at some point during a game, he will decide to come rushing out of his area and miss the ball - be great to see Greeno get a chance,[/quote]I agree I always have a feeling James will give the opposition at least 1 chance to score per game from an error but at the same times he''s consistently been the best English shot stopper for the 12 months. Still would love to see Greeno get a chance to stake his claim on the Jersey.Davo

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

England in full:

Im well happy Theo Walcott is in. Awesome player in my opinion. Not too bothered that Owen isn''t in. Very over-rated in my opinion. A shadow of the player he used to be.

[/quote]

Shows how easily pleased you are then doesn''t it?

Only 4 x Forwards in the squad... Heskey is tried tested and obviously not as good as Crouch or Ashton, Rooney does not score enough for England and Theo Walcott plays on the wing more often than not for Arsenal.

Capello is clueless... h would fit in well at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

England in full:

[/quote]

Shows how easily pleased you are then doesn''t it?

Only 4 x Forwards in the squad... Heskey is tried tested and obviously not as good as Crouch or Ashton, Rooney does not score enough for England and Theo Walcott plays on the wing more often than not for Arsenal.

Capello is clueless... h would fit in well at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Or the Walker Stadium?

Fully Deserved...

Its about time he got a call up, i was beginning to wonder if all England managers had been banned from Upton Park!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

England in full:

[/quote]

Capello is clueless...

[/quote]I agree.  Capello''s done little so far to suggest it''s anything but the same old, same old. Gerrard & Lampard in in MF again...useless again. Heskey?? Beckham still there?? 

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Smudger you clown how come you weren''t picked!!

[/quote]

They ccould of done a hell of a lot worse... and quite frankly the FA have nearly every time they try to fill the managerial hot seat.

Like you my friend and the managers they pick, the FA have no balls!!!