Sign in to follow this  
Stevo

Buzzwords bingo

If we don''t sign a striker how many of the following quotes can we expect to read in tomorrow''s papers?

"Glenn has decided to keep his powder dry til January"

"We were all set to sign someone but lost out to a premiership club at 11:55"

"I''d like to thank the board for supporting my failed attempts to sign someone who can score a goal"

"Neil Doncaster has worker tirelessly in the last few days"

"The loan window opens in 7 days time"

"We''re as frustrated as the fans"

"Alan Curbishly has done me a big favour by lending me this player. He may be 14 but he''s got a big future I''m sure"

"Pass the sherry Michael"

Any more for any more??

"The club regretfully announces that Glenn Roeder has left his position as manager of Norwich City Football Club, effective immediate."

Only to be followed by "Bryan Gunn will take up the post on a temporary basis until we can cream off some League Two manager for the position"

[quote user="Bingo"]

"Pass the sherry Michael"[/quote]If only that had been said at 8am, she might of been drunk enough to go out and impulse buy us someone. Although even then Doomcaster or MWJ would turn it into a loan.Davo

" unfortunately the fax machines at both Colney and Carrow Road were jammed, thus we failed in our attempts to get the necessary documentation for Ronaldo to get to Soho Square, and the F.A., in time!"

Add - "It''s just so difficult bringing decent players in given the way finances are in this division. The fact that all the other clubs in the division have made signings is irrelevant to this argument."

We worked tirelessly but it just wasnt to be. Promises were broken and we were let down - we now need to cheer on the team we have and remember the loan window is still open. blah blah flippin blah!  (as our buget of £36.50 was not enough to sign anyone)

Neil Doncaster has been in his car all day, he didnt even had time to have an tea and had to sleep on his aunties sofa, only for our well laid plans to be foiled by rush hour traffic on the M25!

Due to the entirely unforeseen and rapid departure of Dion and Darren. The NCFC Board, Chef/Chief Exec, including the Manager of NCFC - are still in a state of utter shock.....as they have had less than 2 days to seek and finance replacements.....

Neil Doncaster said, " Totally shocked and completely bamboozled! One minute they were there......then they''d gone? It came totally out of the blue - and has left our squad in absolute turmoil and total disarray.".......allegedly.

"Sutton still has one good eye and alot to offer at this level. I''m delighted he''s committed his future to us for the next four years"

"Cureton prefers to play with a big man and to be fair both Russell and Lupoli are bigger than him so I''m sure he''ll prosper alongside either one of them"

"We knew having a new arrival was less likely than Lord Lucan pitching up out of the blue and I have been very impressed with the way Russell has taken up the role of makeshift striker. That said, we feel that he''s more than capable of doing the job we ask of him. Besides which, Gary Doherty will be fit soon..."