Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Only 7 loans allowed

think it''s right a club can only take a maximum of 7 loans and are only allowed 5 in the squad on a matchday meaning if we get a striker on loan 2 players will miss out each week, for christ sake give roeder some cash for players

I''m not sure of the rules, but there are different limits for season long loans and short term loans. I think its 5 long terms, and 7 short terms, so 12 in total. I''m not 100% sure though.

With 7 players now on loan that has to mean that the striker will be a permanent. And that means he''ll have to roll up today or not at all.

Time to pray methinks...

Read the bloody Forum, there''s threads all over the sodding place where you could''ve posted that! Why create a fresh thread?

[quote user="shyster"]Read the bloody Forum, there''s threads all over the sodding place where you could''ve posted that! Why create a fresh thread?
[/quote]

There are websites for OCD you know...

Then isn''t that where you should be headed?How many threads does there need to be covering the same f**king subject? Trawling through all of ''em is the very thing that OCD could be brought on by.

You big wilf.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m not sure of the rules, but there are different limits for season long loans and short term loans. I think its 5 long terms, and 7 short terms, so 12 in total. I''m not 100% sure though.[/quote]That''s how I understand it too.For what it''s worth I think we''ll sign nobody else today, because the striker GR is after will be on loan. With the loan market re-opening next week, from his perspective there''s no rush to get anyone in tonight (although there will be outcry on here). We don''t play again for another couple of weeks so he will feel he can afford to wait a bit longer; although whoever it is will only be here for a max of 3 months initially.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m not sure of the rules, but there are different limits for season long loans and short term loans. I think its 5 long terms, and 7 short terms, so 12 in total. I''m not 100% sure though.[/quote]That''s how I understand it too.For what it''s worth I think we''ll sign nobody else today, because the striker GR is after will be on loan. With the loan market re-opening next week, from his perspective there''s no rush to get anyone in tonight (although there will be outcry on here). We don''t play again for another couple of weeks so he will feel he can afford to wait a bit longer; although whoever it is will only be here for a max of 3 months initially.

We can now safely assume that no more loans will arrive unless any go back early due to injury or recalled.    So our new striker, who has to arrive today, will be on a permanent contract.   [:D]   Its better then signing a defender full time as cover and then getting a striker in on loan.Come on Glenn, who have you got down CR right now?

And if he does not arrive or he is a loan....?[quote user="Duffman"]We can now safely assume that no more loans will arrive unless any go back early due to injury or recalled.    So our new striker, who has to arrive today, will be on a permanent contract.   [:D]   Its better then signing a defender full time as cover and then getting a striker in on loan.Come on Glenn, who have you got down CR right now?[/quote]

IF... we sign a striker... we all sat up late into the January night to be disappointed... I have a bad feeling we will be doing so again, I would love to be wrong though :)

Why on earth we got this 3 month loan Grounds in I will never know, chances are he won''t get played and will be wages down the pan

[quote user="JC"]And if he does not arrive or he is a loan....?[quote user="Duffman"]We can now safely assume that no more loans will arrive unless any go back early due to injury or recalled.    So our new striker, who has to arrive today, will be on a permanent contract.   [:D]   Its better then signing a defender full time as cover and then getting a striker in on loan.Come on Glenn, who have you got down CR right now?[/quote][/quote]It wont be a loan (you can take that to the bank) but if one doesnt arrive then we are, technically speaking, fooked.

Well...Maybe competition for places works? Semi did alright on Saturday didn''t he?

Maybe Drury is being flogged? All will be revealed in due course....tick tock tick tock..

www.unprofessionalfoul.blogspot.com

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="JC"]And if he does not arrive or he is a loan....?

[quote user="Duffman"]We can now safely assume that no more loans will arrive unless any go back early due to injury or recalled.   

So our new striker, who has to arrive today, will be on a permanent contract.   [:D]   Its better then signing a defender full time as cover and then getting a striker in on loan.

Come on Glenn, who have you got down CR right now?
[/quote][/quote]

It wont be a loan (you can take that to the bank) but if one doesnt arrive then we are, technically speaking, fooked.
[/quote]

Can we seriously ''take that to the bank'' though? I mean, we''re still under the legal quota of loans for a season, even if they can''t all play at once right? I wouldn''t be so certain about a permanent. Iversen is the main target, and money will probably be alloted to him, whether we get him now or later.

What gets me is we have been here before.So we wait for the next transfer window where we will hear the standard  line of." inflated prices at this time of year " blah blah blah lets wait till the summer window. [:(]I dont think we will be pleased come midnight, i hope iam wrong, but i just dont see who we can get for the kind of money we want to spend at this time of year.

[quote user="Duffman"]We can now safely assume that no more loans will arrive[/quote]Can we? Fairly sure this 7 loans thing only applies to short term ''emergency'' loans whereas most of ours currently are long term loans. So nothing to stop GR going out and getting another loan tonight or next week.

Ok, you''re all starting to piss on my parade but thats fine.   I was just being hopeful that we wont get anymore loans because we are gonna have a situation where 3 of them cant even make the bench and Troy and Grounds would be obvious to leave out but who would be the 3rd and if you do leave Troy and Grounds out then you have no CB cover on the bench.

So we now have 7 loans, meaning Roeder cant now bring in a striker on loan, cutting his options on bringing in a target man in by 50%.We now have only one option, weve got to buy. If we dont buy a striker surely the decision to bring in Grounds on loan will prove to be a costly one, as it will mean come 12.01 tonight that we have no striker until at least December.By which time we could well be in the bottom 3 and Roeder will be facing the exit door.He may also have bagged the striker we need and is just tying up the details, but i doubt it. I can see us getting no one.

Nothing to stop GR bringing in more short term ''emergency'' loans; either now or next week.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]I''m sure i''m not the only one who thinks "fans" like you shoule keep your opinions to yourself. Say something positive or nothing at all![/quote]Its a message board, not a dictatorship.Although we may be able to have more than 7 loans, am I right in saying we can still only play 5 whether they are emergency or standard?