Sign in to follow this  
Punting Canary

Shackell - Roeder a disgrace

You have to wonder about Glenn Roeders morals with this one.  He, like any decent manager, has identified that Shackell isn''t very quick, has a poor first touch, is one footed, can''t pass with the one he favours, and can''t organise the defense. 

Therefore you have to question his morals when he has obviously sold someone to Wolves, for some reasonable cash, who in about a weeks time or whenever his first game is will realise he isn''t very good.  Its like money for old rope.  Great work Glenn.   Compare that to the two composed centre halves we had Saturday and I for one can see that progress is being made.

If only he can pull the same trick off somewhere else and offload the Doc, and find a striker we should be top 6/8.

He is pleased to be in a job but hasn''t got the ability to get top 6.

Can we loan Roeder out ?

A bit unfair on Shackell here. I have always worried about Doc and Shack as central defence but really always thought Doc as weak link. Shackel had a brilliant game at MK Dons and proved he has pace and could organise the defence.

I am sad to see another player out and a loanee in, we are getting to the stage where we will be mainly loans.

He also failed to concentrate for a full 90 mins. Kennedy and Stefanovic are better no? And Archibald-Henville comes recommended from Spurs fans who have seen him play in the reserves.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]He just needs to convince Liverpool that Croft is the right winger they''ve been crying out for[/quote]He made a profit on Chris Brown, I reckon he can do anything.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]He just needs to convince Liverpool that Croft is the right winger they''ve been crying out for[/quote]He made a profit on Chris Brown, I reckon he can do anything.[/quote]agreed...but what about chadders or laps??? no nigns of a sniff there chopsey???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]He just needs to convince Liverpool that Croft is the right winger they''ve been crying out for[/quote]He made a profit on Chris Brown, I reckon he can do anything.[/quote]agreed...but what about chadders or laps??? no nigns of a sniff there chopsey???[/quote]Lappin will go to Middlesborough as part of the deal to bring Grounds here - £750k plus 25% sell on clause and an extra £100k if Boro get into the champions league.Chadwick will replace Milner at Newcastle for £3m plus an all-you-can-eat buffet for Mike Ashley in Yellows.We''re still signing Helguson though, I''m 87% positive.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]He just needs to convince Liverpool that Croft is the right winger they''ve been crying out for[/quote]

He made a profit on Chris Brown, I reckon he can do anything.

[/quote]

agreed...but what about chadders or laps???

no nigns of a sniff there chopsey???
[/quote]

Lappin will go to Middlesborough as part of the deal to bring Grounds here - £750k plus 25% sell on clause and an extra £100k if Boro get into the champions league.

Chadwick will replace Milner at Newcastle for £3m plus an all-you-can-eat buffet for Mike Ashley in Yellows.

We''re still signing Helguson though, I''m 87% positive.
[/quote]

Thta could be pricey and add a million to the fee. Have you seen how fat he is?[:)]

[quote user="CJ"]

A bit unfair on Shackell here. I have always worried about Doc and Shack as central defence but really always thought Doc as weak link. Shackel had a brilliant game at MK Dons and proved he has pace and could organise the defence.

I am sad to see another player out and a loanee in, we are getting to the stage where we will be mainly loans.

[/quote]Ha Ha Ha, do you wanna read that again CJ? I think an honest and fair appraisal of Shackell is that he is a good centre back, just not good enough. 

I believe Shackall is a good defender and could have been a first team player for the club in the long term. I would hope a large 6 figure sum, well in excess of 500k has been agre3ed or i''ll be annoyed. You dont need to be much of player to go for a million nowadays...

My Concern is this....

Roeder was desperate to keep Doherty....who no club would touch with a bargepole on a Free Transfer

Roeder was happy to let Shackall go, the Shackall who is good enough for the Championship Leaders!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]He just needs to convince Liverpool that Croft is the right winger they''ve been crying out for[/quote]He made a profit on Chris Brown, I reckon he can do anything.[/quote]agreed...but what about chadders or laps??? no nigns of a sniff there chopsey???[/quote]Lappin will go to Middlesborough as part of the deal to bring Grounds here - £750k plus 25% sell on clause and an extra £100k if Boro get into the champions league.Chadwick will replace Milner at Newcastle for £3m plus an all-you-can-eat buffet for Mike Ashley in Yellows.We''re still signing Helguson though, I''m 87% positive.[/quote]

Thta could be pricey and add a million to the fee. Have you seen how fat he is?[:)]

[/quote]lol - but ah, if only i could believe you choppo, all would be well in the NCFC world!!!

I thought Roeder wanted competiton for places, how exactly have we got this at centre back now is anyones guess. Shackell was a good back up, who obviously wanted a first team place. Ok he had his fair share of  bad days over the last three years since we were relegated, but I''ve seen Doherty have some absolute stinkers aswell, and could say the same for every player in city colours who had been part of the club over the last three years.

I wouldnt be surprised if he did well for wolves, and this may just be the motivation he needed to get his career back on track. I felt he might have matured into a good centre back, Malky Mackay had a lot of critism and a stint in our reserves about the same age and look what a good player for us he turned out.

[quote user="Huddy "]

I believe Shackall is a good defender and could have been a first team player for the club in the long term. I would hope a large 6 figure sum, well in excess of 500k has been agre3ed or i''ll be annoyed. You dont need to be much of player to go for a million nowadays...

My Concern is this....

Roeder was desperate to keep Doherty....who no club would touch with a bargepole on a Free Transfer

Roeder was happy to let Shackall go, the Shackall who is good enough for the Championship Leaders!

[/quote]

Totally agree with you Huddy - seems to be we''re the only ones with that opinion. Shacks was''nt great (far from it sometimes) but I find the hysterical criticism of him now by some fans absolutely disgusting to be honest. These fans even swear blind that he did''nt even play well at the back end of the premiership season! Still all these pen pushers clearly know more about football than a manager as experienced as Mick McCarthy eh?? If Shacks was completely and utterly useless why the hell would McCarthy by bunging out around £1M for him!!! Surely he would have been better off saving the transfer fee and signing Donkerty in the summer for free? Did''nt though did he, I wonder why? 

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

I thought Roeder wanted competiton for places, how exactly have we got this at centre back now is anyones guess. [/quote]

Stefanovic

Kennedy

Doherty

Archibald-Henville

Omosuzi

Grounds

Your point being?