Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Another loan

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="fat lip"]unless drury or semmy are on their way out?[/quote]

Drury to Man City for £25million... now that''s a rumour [Y]

[/quote]lmfao...now thats good...surely they could raise it a bit more...£30/£35 mil[/quote]

Instead of spending £35 million on Berbatov Man City have switched their attentions to Norwich left back Adam Drury (press association 17:18) [Y]

for Gods sake!!!! why oh why?? another unknown bloody loanee......we cannot play all of these players, this is what went wrong last season......my patience is wearing thin

I would always back Glenn in whatever he chooses is best for the club, but even I am mystified by this signing. Another loan??? Anothe full-back??? Where the hell are our strikers. Il take this back if positive news comes in next 7 hours!Chris

I know it''s not a striker but there''s no point complaining about it. It''s another low-risk deal providing cover and competition for places which is never a bad thing.

I''m sure GR et al are still working hard to get that elusive striker in so I guess we''ll just have to keep being patient and try and hold our frustration. I suspect we won''t sign one though and hold off for Iverson or whoever else in January. That said, perhaps we''re waiting for the Shackell money to come in before making a big money bid...

[quote user="filthyrich"]don''t understand everyone''s problem we have let one go were getting cover, don''t forget Kennedy is only on loan til Jan so we could lose him. some people on here are so short minded yeah we need a strike and we will get a couple. complain if we do get cover complain if we don''t the club cant win cant they.[/quote]Short-minded?  Like the kind of short-term thinking that means that at this moment in time we have more strikers and defenders in our first-team squad on loan than we actually have on our own books?

I can only think that at 6ft1 and a left footer Roeder is confident he could do a job at centre half if Stefanovic got a knock for a game or two. Not ideal news but I don''t think it''s worth worrying about as he probably wont play.

Yesterday I went to watch my 12 year old son playing football. His team were a couple short at the start so borrowed two from the opposition.

As I watched something occurred to me. I think the biggest point Glenn Roeder misses when he brings in half a team of loanees is that he is asking supporters to turn up to watch a team that, to all intents and purposes, isn''t ours. It a set of borrowed players that other clubs have no immediate use for and fancy getting them off their wage bill for a few months, getting them fit and probably receiving a nice little fee into the bargain.

No doubt the arguement will be that he is bringing in a better class of player than we would get in the permanent market - but it doesn''t make me feel any more comfortable on a Saturday afternoon to be cheering someone elses players.

[quote user="Philipo87"]

Just an idea,  Omozusi would turn into cover for centre back if we get an injury and then another full back would be needed!

[/quote]So why have we got that young spurs kid on loan just gathering dust?

[quote user="Canary02 III"]I can only think that at 6ft1 and a left footer Roeder is confident he could do a job at centre half if Stefanovic got a knock for a game or two. Not ideal news but I don''t think it''s worth worrying about as he probably wont play.[/quote]

But then why did we sign Archibald-Henville? It''s baffling...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="The Walking Man"]Drury to Man City for £25million... now that''s a rumour [Y][/quote]

I wouldn''t accept less than £30 million [;)]
[/quote]

That''ll teach them to announce investment before the window closes... now they''re going to be taken to the cleaners with transfer fees... good job we''ve kept ours quiet, isn''t it... [:|]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]for Gods sake!!!! why oh why?? another unknown bloody loanee......we cannot play all of these players, this is what went wrong last season......my patience is wearing thin
[/quote]

such as ched evans, ryan bertrand, alex pearce....you are wrong, these players kept us up last season....fact

I just despair at all the loan players, good to know we are building for other teams futures. As good a players as some of them are, the team will need rebuilding mid season, can hardly see us developing something for the long term future or even medium term. No offence to any of the new boys particularly Kennedy or Bertrand who look really good but they are not going to get us promoted like Hucks and Crouch to some extent did.

How many loans can we play at once is it still 5?. Another thing if we cant play all these players it might make teams think twice about loaning us players in the future.

I know bertand and kennedys deals run out in Jan, lets face it now is the time to sign Kennedy or someone from the lower levels of the premier league may well come in for both him and bertrand in Jan.

Please let us sign a permanent striker and not another loan

[quote user="Canary Chris"]I would always back Glenn in whatever he chooses is best for the club, but even I am mystified by this signing. Another loan??? Anothe full-back??? Where the hell are our strikers. Il take this back if positive news comes in next 7 hours!Chris[/quote]Another loan who returns in January too. Bit worrying that we may need more loans in the next window to replace the ones who have just gone. We arguably need an extra defender with the Doc not back for a while. However with Lappin still knocking about to cover left-back, and with Chadwick maybe being able to fill in at right back as a last-resort, id rather save the wages for a bigger name purchase.

[quote user="fat lip"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]for Gods sake!!!! why oh why?? another unknown bloody loanee......we cannot play all of these players, this is what went wrong last season......my patience is wearing thin[/quote]

such as ched evans, ryan bertrand, alex pearce....you are wrong, these players kept us up last season....fact

[/quote]so thats the aim for this season? to just about stay up

What a farce.  This club is becoming a laughing stock.  3-month loan deal for a ful-back no-one has heard of, a position where we have 2 players for (2 x right and 2 x left).  Just shows the absolute lack of ambition by Delia & Co. Time to run them out of here.

DELIA OUT

Eh - a full back??????  I am assuming he can cover centre back????

We have our best array of fullbacks in years,  4 quality players at this level and I dont care which plays,  they are all capable,  yet we sign another?

Does that mean drury is on his way out??

Left sided full back/centre back.  Cover for Shackell.  Not entirely sure what the problem is, Roeder said we would replace him if he went.

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

What a farce.  This club is becoming a laughing stock.  3-month loan deal for a ful-back no-one has heard of, a position where we have 2 players for (2 x right and 2 x left).  Just shows the absolute lack of ambition by Delia & Co. Time to run them out of here.

DELIA OUT

[/quote]

Because Delia decided to buy a full back, we''re not Hearts...

we have 4 full backs who are more than capable at this level (so much so I really dont care which of the 4 plays!) - what on earth is this about? 

Can only assume that it means drury is on their way?

He can play centre or left, same as Shackell.  I.e. he''s going to be doing Shackell''s job as backup defender.  Not entirely sure why people are unhappy with this.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="fat lip"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]for Gods sake!!!! why oh why?? another unknown bloody loanee......we cannot play all of these players, this is what went wrong last season......my patience is wearing thin
[/quote]

[/quote]

so thats the aim for this season? to just about stay up
[/quote]

it was last season from november onwards and in doing so, we almost hit top 6 form.

If you add a hoolahan, a stefanovic and a clingan to that mix, we may not be far off

I can understand wanting some temporary replacement for Shackell until the Doc is fit again.

And I know that there''s a limit on the number of loan players who can play in the team on a match day, but surely there''s a limit on the number of loan players a club can sign?? Cos if there isn''t, there bloody well should be... this is getting silly... oh well, hopefully this means our striker(s) will be permanents...

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]He can play centre or left, same as Shackell.  I.e. he''s going to be doing Shackell''s job as backup defender.  Not entirely sure why people are unhappy with this.[/quote]For me we need 2 left backs, 2 right backs, and 4 centre backs. We currently have this, albeit with the doc injured for a brief period (Although the whole point of having 8 defenders for 4 starting spots is to allow for injuries. So we have more than enough already. Id rather save the money for the wages of a bigger purchase.

I wouldn''t imagine he''s on an enormous wedge.  I''m not going to complain about having too much depth to the squad!  Obviously I agree with the general sentiment that we require another striker -or two - but this is just a like for like replacement as far as I can see. When Shackell was first reported to be off there were posters complaining about Roeder''s ''two for every position'' plan going to pot!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]He can play centre or left, same as Shackell.  I.e. he''s going to be doing Shackell''s job as backup defender.  Not entirely sure why people are unhappy with this.[/quote]Because apparently we have not got a pot to pee in, yet we can afford another loan player who it would suprise me will even play 5 games for us barring injury..

Hope your right about saving wages for a bigger purchase, past experience tells me to somehow doubt this is the case.

and the guy is a full back according to Middlesboroughs website who can cover centre back not usually the best option for a team  hoping to gain AHEM promotion (sorry something got stuck in my throat), surely would have been better to keep Spillane or have a recall on him, if we were trying to save wages.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]I wouldn''t imagine he''s on an enormous wedge.  I''m not going to complain about having too much depth to the squad!  Obviously I agree with the general sentiment that we require another striker -or two - but this is just a like for like replacement as far as I can see. When Shackell was first reported to be off there were posters complaining about Roeder''s ''two for every position'' plan going to pot![/quote]As you say it obviously depends on the finance, if hes costing next to nothing then im all for it. However if the board come out in January and say we havent bought X player because all the money went on loan players I wont be happy!With regards to the two for every position plan. Right now Dejan and JK are clearly first choice, for me the Doc and T-AH are backup. With Elliot also being able to play there. So I personally think we are fine, obviously if we get another injury at the back we may have a brief lack of depth, but I think for now we are more than ok. And unfortunaetly my usual optimism around loans of ''He may become permanent'' seems to not be the case here!But anyway, wont judge properly until we have seen him. On the plus side at least it would suggest the striker will be permanent! (Or non-existent..)