Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Supporters Today!

I must say, the support today was ecstatic. The jarrold tend to get a lot of stick for never getting involved, but sitting in row c of the jarrold today the noise coming from behind me was fantastic to hear.

If only the whole group can be as vocal as we were more often :)

I''ll have you know that I ALWAYS join in with the chants coming from the other parts of ground (i''m a jarroldstander like your good self).[:P]

I do agree that more people were chanting/singing a lot more today

I was sitting in the N&P and the noise was also very good, it travels round the ground quickly and alot of people around and myself were singing away. There was also a board being hit in the city stand, that was to the beat of some songs aswell. Everyone got clapping and singing and i noticed many in the city, jarrold and N&P stands today got involved. We have to remember the fans and players feed of eachother, if we are getting behind them they will get a buzz and obviously when they are performing well its gives all of us fans a lift !

C''mon great point today boys

The Jarrold was in tremendous form today,singing,clapping,cheering everything that our boys did. It really was a great atmosphere.

It was very good, I couldn''t hear the South Stand or River End, but am sure they were involved as we could see them standing (in some cases) and clapping from where I am in the Barclay. I hope the players appreciated it. It looked as if we had won at the end with a standing ovation. A bit different from the last home game, that''s for sure.

I have almost lost my voice. The only down side was the complete lack of effort from the Birmingham fans, apart from 10 or so brave souls at the back of the away section. They were top of the league, but you would never have guessed. Wonder what they would do if they had had our past 3 or 4 seasons?

Birmingham fans are abysmal, they had less than 18k for their game with Barnsley last week and could only manage to bring about 800 cardboard cutouts today. Big club my backside.

fans were in top form from the off today - the snakes and barclays even managed a rendition of otbc before the organised pitchside one got going...really good atmosphere, and enjoyed my day out at carra...

I listened to the game on the radio today and I cant say I''ve ever heard anything like it before. Even when the half time whistle blew is was as if we were winning one nil opposed to losing. Absolutley bloody marvalous!!! Was gutted not to be there.

Just goes to show that all the fans really want is to see the team playing some decent footy.

one of the best aspects was the constant chanting of Glen Roeder''s green n yellow army. Tremendous support for him throughout, which was great, and not one chant of Delia''s barmy army! Shows the fans appreciate the way he is trying to get the team to play. We were great today, and would have won if we had managed to purchase that big striker. On a different note heard a bit of the Arsenal v Newcastle game on the car radio on the way home, and the commentator was saying how unfit Ameobi appeared to be, so let''s have someone else please!

Hi Barclay Boy

The chanting of Roeder''s green and yellow army was completely justified. Today was hopefully just a taster of what we are going to see so much more of. Today exceeded all expectations for me. I was prepared to see a nervy match when we might just hold on. I was completely wrong and feel humbled. We played them off the park and but for a few missed chances would have won. If only.....we had someone who could score some of them. Hopefully the board will be encouraged to back Mr Roeder and give him enough money to secure the striker/s he is after.

He has turned around the football at our club. We are not perfect and not winning yet, but today I hope was our turning point. The football today was great. Passing at times immaculate. I enjoyed every minute and the atmosphere only added to that.

Just goes to show that if the football is good we don''t need to think about the board. The days of Delia''s barmy army are perhaps resigned to the bin. I don''t think in reality there are too many people who really want to sing it anymore.

Roeder was talking about new heroes, and it''s not about personalities, it''s about the football. A great match. I look forward to more of the same, hopefully with more goals and a few wins. OTBC

Absolute credit to the club.

Section of the Barclay that I was sitting in was vocal all game long......superb stuff.

I was in the River End and haven''t heard anything like it from there in years, electric atmosphere, wouldn''t have missed it for the world.

Top stuff all of the Canary faithful. as for Birmingham Fans...What a joke, no passion, no anything apart from a couple of mins after they scored

The reason why the supporters made so much noise today was because we were spurred on by the team performance on the field.  Had we have lost today I would have been disappointed, but still proud of the performance.  If we can put that sort of effort and commitment into every game then we will be in the top half at the end of the season.  Most neutrals would have thought we were the team at the top, not Birmingham.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

I listened to the game on the radio today and I cant say I''ve ever heard anything like it before. Even when the half time whistle blew is was as if we were winning one nil opposed to losing. Absolutley bloody marvalous!!! Was gutted not to be there.

Just goes to show that all the fans really want is to see the team playing some decent footy.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear... how expectations have been dumbed down hey???

I would understand it perhaps if we were a whole league below Birmingham and could not really wish to be competing with a team of their stature in terms of support and finance etc.

My god, anybody would think that we were Leyton Orient, Northampton, Yeovil, Stockport or Cheltenham to listen to some of you lot!!! [:$]

The title of the thread clearly relates to the game today. I''m surprised you''re poking your oar in as the lot of us know you don''t attend games yet continue to share your "opinion".

Anyway, how''s the protest coming on?

got to agree in the ground today was magic sitting in lower barclay noise from 1st  to  90th min deserved more than a point but could have lost it marshell saved the day my man of the match

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

I would understand it perhaps if we were a whole league below Birmingham and could not really wish to be competing with a team of their stature in terms of support and finance etc.

My god, anybody would think that we were Leyton Orient, Northampton, Yeovil, Stockport or Cheltenham to listen to some of you lot!!! [:$]

[/quote]

Sad one Smudger. I know your old rhetoric and actually often agree but I enjoyed the game today and sometimes you have to put the crap behind you, forget all the other stuff and enjoy watching our boys play some really good football.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let`s just put a bit of perspective on this....We have completely rebuilt our side and are playing with a number of new players against a former premier league side with shedloads of dosh to spend.

We play them off the park for long periods of the game and you still want to have a moan?? Not that you will have been at the game!!

You are beneath contempt , you snivelling little man ( and I use the word "man" with reservation!)

[:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Are they your next five fixtures Smudger [:O]

You can take the boy out of Leicester but you can''t take Leicester out of the boy [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You can take the boy out of Leicester but you can''t take Leicester out of the boy [;)]

[/quote]

Superb [Y]

The fans were superb yesterday. Mind you the quality on the pitch was superb as well. I knew it would only take a good performance to get the crowd going again.

Todays performance was the best football I have seen us play for a long long time. Didn''t see Blackpool /Cardiff / Mk as I was out of the country but Coventry away the football was of a high quality despite the 2 - 0 scoreline.

There is a real chance we could do something this season if only we could start scoring from some of the chances we are creating which probably rests on the elusive striker signing taking place. The atmosphere today was electric, the crowd appreciated the football on display.

And for Smudger''s benefit Birmingham are a very good side at Championship level and are likely to be going straight back up. They have strikers who can''t even get on the bench who we could never afford to buy. (Camerone Jerome anyone? £3.5 million?)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At least the Leicester boys are seing their team win Nutty...

4-0 on Saturday and I hear that they had fun in the sun in Cheltenham.

Almost makes you wish you could join them doesn''t it??? [:S]

I see that Queen Delia has another £1 million stuffed in her back pocket today... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At least the Leicester boys are seing their team win Nutty...

4-0 on Saturday and I hear that they had fun in the sun in Cheltenham.

Almost makes you wish you could join them doesn''t it??? [:S]

I see that Queen Delia has another £1 million stuffed in her back pocket today... [;)]

[/quote]

[8] They had joy, they had fun, they had seasons in League One [8]

I ''stand/sit'' in the Snake-pit and to be honest I thought the support was O.K, but far to many ''boo-boys'', and moaners around for my liking. Personally I think the post Worthy/Grant (possibly even Cullun) wounds have yet to be healed completely. But it was good to see ''little old norwich'' give the big boys from Brum a football lesson, a good day. As for us being compared to the likes of Orient and Northampton, well, we have no right to be any highier than those Clubs. A progressive Club like Orient (my ''local'' Club) are another example of a nice friendly family club (a description so de-rided on this Board at times), and the Cobblers have the potential to go far ahead of us. It''s all about football, and we played some on Sat. As for Owners/Chairman getting plaudits, since when have they ever?   

[quote user="corbs"]I ''stand/sit'' in the Snake-pit and to be honest I thought the support was O.K, but far to many ''boo-boys'', and moaners around for my liking. Personally I think the post Worthy/Grant (possibly even Cullun) wounds have yet to be healed completely. But it was good to see ''little old norwich'' give the big boys from Brum a football lesson, a good day. As for us being compared to the likes of Orient and Northampton, well, we have no right to be any highier than those Clubs. A progressive Club like Orient (my ''local'' Club) are another example of a nice friendly family club (a description so de-rided on this Board at times), and the Cobblers have the potential to go far ahead of us. It''s all about football, and we played some on Sat. As for Owners/Chairman getting plaudits, since when have they ever?   [/quote]

Pardon me???

So we are lucky and should be thankful that we are doing better than the mighty Northampton Town?

Tell us another one... [:D]

Smudger I am sure I remember you sitting in the Lower Barclay at one time, what would it take for you to come back to CR? and take you place once again in the beloved Barclay?