Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

The good and the bad

The boys were superb today, played their heart out and full credit to them. The ref - well Arsenal had him in their pocket - he was a disgrace - but then I''m getting used to that. The Norwich fans were an absolute credit to the side and the City - I sit/stand in the snakepit and both the snakepit and the Barclay sang their hearts out today (my voice is all but gone) -we need more from the South Stand and River though. Come on all. If we have to fight against the refs we really need to pull together and give our team a cauldron of noise to make up for the deficit.

Generally though a great show form team and fans alike today. What dissapointed me was the Arsenal fans. Arrogance just doesn''t begin to describe them. They obviously have a super team, but I''m sure if we had the privalege of watching Henry,Pires et al , every week, and averaging 4 goals a game, we would be able to acknowledge some decent play from the opposition, not take the p*ss. At 3-1 down we were playing some great football and applauding our team - but a large part of th Arsenal contigent were ''having a laugh'' at our applause. Sad that despiute their position and ability their fans can''t appreciate good football and have developee an arrogance beyond any I have met in my fair few years as a football fan.

As for the Arsenal who found their way into the Snakepit, well this post wouldn''t be accepted if I put down my thoughts. To sit their and again take the p*ss was unbeliavable. As was the response by stewards and police (ie none!). Seems like they can do what ever they want. All I can say is come on you Spurs. The ''scum'' result is always the first I look for at the end of a Norwich match, the Arsenal will now be the 2nd - god I can''t wait until you lose (even though I as a football fan I acknowledge the great football youy play).

To finish on a positive - Norwich you were superb today, the team and the fans who sang their heart out, Premiership, Chapionship or whatever , I''m Norwich till I die.

Scotty, if I were an Arsenal fan one of the things I would detest about my team is the way many go to ground so easily when challenged, act as if they are dying, and then do a Lazarus! Do they seriously expect teams to stand off them and say ''you''re so good, here, run through me and have a free pass to your mates or a free crack on goal''? You are so right about how they had Mr. Poll in their pocket. It was hard enough playing eleven of them, but twelve was impossible! Looks like that''s what we''re going to have to do this season if we are to survive. Big up to Worthy for showing such dignity in the press conference though. Lots of big name managers could learn a lot from his demeanour yesterday.

What was going on in the snakepit then? Was the geezer with all the muscle one of the arse fans and how many was there? I sat in block E of the barclay and could see a guy with a shaven head standing up when all the commotion was going on. Why the hell didn''t the stewards throw them out cos they shouldn''t have been there in the first place. They were probably locals and someone should have taken their seat numbers and reported it to the club so they could trace the source of their tickets. If this happens for Arsenal it will be even worse for Manure.

I''ve posted my views on other fans in our sections after the Old Trafford game - have had a letter back from the club acknowledging that some season ticket holders who have joined over the last 3 years are supporters of other FAPL teams who have moved to Norwich and become season ticket holders to watch live football.
Fair enough I suppose (but we manage to travel from Shropshire week in week out), but if you do watch a team week in week out but support another then surely you must be sensitive to the environment you''re in/develop some sort of affinity for the club - can you believe that there was even a guy wearing an Arsenal shirt in the Upper Barclay where we have our season tickets!! I remember having my 7 year old daughter refused entrance to the Main Stand at Villa some 10 years ago as she had a top on underneath her coat and the neck piece was showing! Can''t our stewards do the same?