Sign in to follow this  
plan b

YOUR MOST HATED IPSWICH PLAYER

I reckon you''re all wrong, there''s even one or two on here that seem quite nice really, and have to give credit to Brazil, he''s quite good on the breakfast show onTalksport,

No I reckon the award goes to ----Paul b**tard face Mariner. That mole lookalike used to inspire pure loathing amongst the City faithful. Did get a chance to give him a bit of stick as he was sat just in front of me at an Ultravox gig at Ipswich many years ago and a few random items and comments found their way in his direction during the gig!

Follow up award goes to Jason A**wipe Dozzell, especially for that smug goal celebration after their win at Carrow Rd, in the 92/93 season I think, when we finished third.

Funniest thing I saw concerning the scummers was an occasion where Eric Gates was taking a corner at Carrow Rd and was getting dogs abuse from the fans. The old guy who used to walk round the pitch with the tray of sweets was standing nearby and Gates, to try and diffuse the abuse he was getting snatched a mars bar of the tray and pretended he was going to scoff it. The joke backfired as the guy with the sweet tray went mad, the crowd went made and he messed up the corner as well!

without doubt Andy Marshall, solely because of his disgusting behaviour when he gestured towards the Barclay, not the away end, at the end of the scums 0-2 win a few years ago.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Geeza"]Kevin Muscat.[/quote]

when''d he ever play for Ipswich?

jas :)

[/quote]

Still a complete prick though think I hate him way more than any Ipswich player !

Can''t even remember his name but he was Scandinavian.  

In the 1995/6 derby at Carrow Road, with five minutes to go and City leading 2-1 he went to ground like a stunned ox in a slaughterhouse as Ashley Ward carefully picked a loose thread off his jersey.  Referee Kevin Lynch points to the spot at the Barclay End.  He''d already given Ipswich one very soft penalty a few minutes earlier.  The binners are jubilant, the Barclay are incensed, then Mr Lynch spots the linesman frantically waving his flag and runs over.  A brief but intense discussion takes place and then . . . he changes his mind!!  Riot nearly breaks out, final score 2-1 to City. 

[quote user="jim blair"]Its a 3 way dead head. Mariner, Gates, and Dozzell (any older lads remember his step brother)[/quote]

Yes Jim, I remember his step brother very well,if he`s the prat who ran onto the pitch after his bro scored and planted a blue and white tea cosy on dozzells head that he wore for the remainder of the match!

I ran into him and his mates after that match at an establishment on Bethel street where i had to go to collect a mate who got over excited when two binners got carried away in the brand new Barclay upper tier(where they should`nt have been!!).I think him and his mates were the `90`s incarnation of the current day ipswich chavs-not very pleasant,or clever.

Anyway,getting back to the original topic.....its gotta be Mick Mills,Mariner,Gates,Brazil,Burley,D`Avrey and Deehan after he defected!!

Cheating diver Pablo Manuel Counago without a doubt

Andy judas,prettynancyboy,kick4touch Marshall Oh most certainly

The others mentioned just don''t seem to inspire quite so much loathing as those two...Haynes, despite his recent off field form is too much of a thorn in our side to elevate to icon.

Brazil''s a fool,

John Holmes Walk(again icon)       & Mad Madge,......Hmmmmmmmmmm      maybe!? 

[quote user="a1canary"]

I don''t think Wilnis is so much hated as derided. He was such a poor loser both when we beat them, twice, and when we were subsequently promoted as champions. It was just brilliant to rub his nose in it by doing that - he was just made to look a total idiot!

[/quote]

Wilnis actually said that you worked hard, but where was the quality. I think alot of Norwich fans would admit that that was an accurate description of that championship winning team - Darren Huckerby and 10 honest pros, as your own Gary Holt has just described them. He also correctly predicted your relegation the following season!