Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

CADENA SER REPORTING ALBERT LUQUE NORWICH LINK

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="I. Shurmer"]

....it''s got to be the Doc, Cureton and Rusty up front for me, in a dynamic three-pronged attack.

[/quote]

Kaka?

[/quote]

It certainly would be

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]

Come on, now you''re just being silly...

I think the best we can realistically expect to see a Luque + Ameobi strikeforce this season. I would think that Villa probably wouldn''t want to drop down to the Championship.
[/quote]

Mug, maybe if we were in the league above

cant believe muppets like you talk about tinted glasses again! i bet all money in the world this doesn''t happen! lets face it even team like hull? stoke? far more pulling power, even average french prem or turkish side would

[quote user="city till i die"]

would be a awesome signing if he stayed fit!!!!

where did he go after newcastle??

[/quote]

Obscurity!

Look, I know we''re desperate for a striker, but your desperation is embarassing now!

Another no hoper who''d fit in well with the rest we have..........manager included![:S]

[quote user="4-4-2"]

Its amazing how everyone gets so excited about someone in spain saying Lugue is going to sign for Norwich and the whole board starts talking about winning the league.

Come on guys get real, this is never gonna happen and I''d even be suprised if must people in Spain have ever heard of little old Norwich. I know from when I''ve been out there and locals ask where you live, and if you say Norwich they don''t have a clue.

Sorry guys not gonna happen, but if I''m wrong I''d be very pleased.

[/quote]

We are the 15th most popular team in England and play in the 4th mosh popular league in the world so who knows what people in Spain have heard about Norwich?

Surely all that matters is that Luque has heard of Glenn Roeder?

Also, as Waghorn constantly points out, anywhere in England is attractive to many foreign players because it puts them under the noses of Prem scouts.

I have a Newcastle United mate who used to hate and slate Roeder for never playing Luque. Luque used to get the occasional sub appearance or start in UEFA games but that was about it. My mate reckoned there was a personality clash or something cos he could never understand why the player wasn''t used more, especially given the fact that Ameobi and Owen were injured.

Can''t see it happening anyway, although can''t help admitting that I''d love it if he came.  [;)]

This from February 2008

NEWCASTLE flop Albert Luque has launched a bitter attack on English football — and vowed never to return to the Premier League.

The Toon took a £7.5million hit on the Spanish striker when they sold him to Ajax for £2m last summer.

Luque, 29, had scored just once in 21 league games after joining from Deportivo La Coruna in 2005.

The injury-prone star said: “I am very happy to have swapped Newcastle for Ajax. I don’t have happy memories of my time in the Premier League.

“English football is totally physical and every match is a battle. I refuse to play for any English team in the future.

“I decided one fine day to try my luck over there. But I will not go back.”

i for one hope this is not true. he is a moody inconsistant player that did nothing at newcastle with the potential to disrupt the harmony at any club he''s at. his style of football would not be suited for the championship and he would get bullied out of matches. To much of  a risk for me, would rather howard then this pre madonna!

[quote user="billy bunter"][quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]

Come on, now you''re just being silly...

I think the best we can realistically expect to see a Luque + Ameobi strikeforce this season. I would think that Villa probably wouldn''t want to drop down to the Championship.
[/quote]

cant believe muppets like you talk about tinted glasses again! i bet all money in the world this doesn''t happen! lets face it even team like hull? stoke? far more pulling power, even average french prem or turkish side would

[/quote]

Mmmmm, methinks someone doesn''t get the ever so slightly sarcastic sentiments[^o)]

[quote user="Bingo"]

This from February 2008

NEWCASTLE flop Albert Luque has launched a bitter attack on English football — and vowed never to return to the Premier League.

[/quote]

going to be fine not playing in the premier with us

[quote user="billy bunter"]

[/quote]

If he thought the premier league was ''too physical'' and a ''battle'', he''s not going to enjoy the likes of Sheff Utd away.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="I. Shurmer"]

....it''s got to be the Doc, Cureton and Rusty up front for me, in a dynamic three-pronged attack.

[/quote]

Kaka?

[/quote]

It certainly would be

[/quote]

If Mickey Mouse could score goals and was on a free we could sign him too

[quote user="billy bunter"][quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]Come on, now you''re just being silly...I think the best we can realistically expect to see a Luque + Ameobi strikeforce this season. I would think that Villa probably wouldn''t want to drop down to the Championship.[/quote]

[/quote]Oh dear. Remind me who the mug is again?

[quote user="Bingo"]

[quote user="billy bunter"]

[/quote]

If he thought the premier league was ''too physical'' and a ''battle'', he''s not going to enjoy the likes of Sheff Utd away.

[/quote]Send him to Stoke.  [:D]

If he think the Premiership is too physical and too much of a battle then he sure won''t come to the championship!