Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

CADENA SER REPORTING ALBERT LUQUE NORWICH LINK

Just had an MSN message from my Spanish based friend saying "Oh so you''re signing Albert Luque then!"Apparently a caller on radio station CADENA SER phoned in about it. Anyone else hear of this?

knows where the goal is - but done nowt of note recently - should easily have enough talent to impress in the champs - signing for us would equate as using his ''dogs life'' maybe roedy is scouring europe looking for strikers using his scouting network - i don''t know if this is serious or not, but we seemed to be linked with players all summer long - only for jack to happen...

You can never tell with these phone in''s but i''ve just looked him up more and he''s 6 foot, and can play as a striker, he''s worked with roeder before and he''s available. However, it appears he''s quite injury prone!

Ajax for a season after newcastle scoring 4 in 16. He had a bit of a bust up with a team mate in the dressing room at half time resulting in both players being taken off. Then Luque was told by the Technical Director he must leave the club.

Luque? I would say what a signing, but he didn''t exactly make the grade at Newcastle did he! I think he would excel in the Championship though.

Come on ncfcstar, he was amazing on Pro Evo 6 - that''s good enough for me. [;)]

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Just had an MSN message from my Spanish based friend saying "Oh so you''re signing Albert Luque then!"

Apparently a caller on radio station CADENA SER phoned in about it. Anyone else hear of this?
[/quote]

And David Villa ?

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]Come on, now you''re just being silly...I think the best we can realistically expect to see a Luque + Ameobi strikeforce this season. I would think that Villa probably wouldn''t want to drop down to the Championship.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]

Come on, now you''re just being silly...

I think the best we can realistically expect to see a Luque + Ameobi strikeforce this season. I would think that Villa probably wouldn''t want to drop down to the Championship.
[/quote]

Probably not.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]

I think the best we can realistically expect to see a Luque + Ameobi strikeforce this season. I would think that Villa probably wouldn''t want to drop down to the Championship.
[/quote]

Do you think David Villa would not want to play in the championship? What about Fernando Torres then? 

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]Come on, now you''re just being silly...I think the best we can realistically expect to see a Luque + Ameobi strikeforce this season. I would think that Villa probably wouldn''t want to drop down to the Championship.[/quote]

Do you think David Villa would not want to play in the championship? What about Fernando Torres then? 

[/quote]Torres = massively overrated. Anybody could score the tap ins he managed for Liverpool last season. Plus, I''m not entirely sure he''d be able to cut it in the more physical Championship. What with him having to do his hair every five minutes I don''t think he''d have time to score too many goals...Nah, it''s got to be the Doc, Cureton and Rusty up front for me, in a dynamic three-pronged attack. They would strike fear into the heart of every Championship defence.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

And David Villa ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Torres = massively overrated. Anybody could score the tap ins he managed for Liverpool last season. Plus, I''m not entirely sure he''d be able to cut it in the more physical Championship. What with him having to do his hair every five minutes I don''t think he''d have time to score too many goals...

Nah, it''s got to be the Doc, Cureton and Rusty up front for me, in a dynamic three-pronged attack. They would strike fear into the heart of every Championship defence.
[/quote]

Kaka?

Now you really are being ridiculous. We''ve already got one midfielder playing up front, let''s not make it two... [;)] Would he really be able to keep Fozzy out of the team anyway?

get real people. he wont be coming to norwich

just imagine what his wages would be!!!!

Theres no reason why this cant happen. Perhaps Roeder can give him the big sell for his plans for the club, the same as he did to hoolahan. Then call in a favour at the same time with his wages, as he hasnt got a club and we give him a chance. This might even tempt Shola to come here as its another one of his old crowd from the tyne. Oh God I''m really dreaming now..... Marshall,Ozumusi, Stef,Kennedy,Bertrand,Clingan, Russell,Hoolahan, Bell, Luque, Ameobi........thats a title winning team

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]knows where the goal is - but done nowt of note recently - should easily have enough talent to impress in the champs - signing for us would equate as using his ''dogs life'' maybe roedy is scouring europe looking for strikers using his scouting network - i don''t know if this is serious or not, but we seemed to be linked with players all summer long - only for jack to happen...[/quote]Yup, we only signed just 11 players.........

After having fallen low in the side''s offensive pecking order, a number of injuries awarded him a start against then Serie A table-toppers U.S. Palermo on 2 November in the UEFA Cup, and rewarded then-manager Glenn Roeder''s choice scoring the game''s only goal with a header. Since then, however, Luque had few significant first-team appearances, by now behind the likes of Matty Pattison, a reserve/first team fringe player. In the January 2007 transfer window, Luque was even linked with a loan move to PSV Eindhoven, but the deal fell through, reportedly due to high wage demands.

If this is anthing to go by i am spotting two off-pitting bits of information... Fell behind the likes of Matty Pattison, if that''s anywhere close to being true then my god he must have turned bad.. Pattison is far from someone that would even be in my norwich subs bench let alone starting 11!! What an earth was he doing ont he right against Blackpool!! Russel and Croft were behind him! :o Shocking really... So thats a worrying statement...

Then we see the likelyhood of capturing him... Deal fell through to PSV Eindhven due to wage demands... Not suprised if he was an old Spanish International and then at a club who pay stupid money in wages..(Newcastle)... So i am guessing its unlikely his wage demands would fit in with what we could afford... However i suppsoe the point against that is that he has had a hard time over the last few years but he has certainly shown people his ability in his earlier years scoring a decent amount of goals for Deportivo... So on that note i suppose you could say that he might be willing to completely chop his wage demands down for the sake of being given the chance to re-build his footballing career...

I for one would like to see him signed on a year-long contracts with an extra year option ontop... That would amke sense to me :) See if he can keep fit and find his goalscoring boots...

Not really what the doctor ordered, IMO. Not someone with the physical presence to get in there - he likes to play off the shoulder of the last man. I would rather see someone in the mould of Iwan than another striker like that.

Its amazing how everyone gets so excited about someone in spain saying Lugue is going to sign for Norwich and the whole board starts talking about winning the league.

Come on guys get real, this is never gonna happen and I''d even be suprised if must people in Spain have ever heard of little old Norwich. I know from when I''ve been out there and locals ask where you live, and if you say Norwich they don''t have a clue.

Sorry guys not gonna happen, but if I''m wrong I''d be very pleased.

[quote user="SYG"]

get real people. he wont be coming to norwich

just imagine what his wages would be!!!!

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly.  He''s not going to come and play for peanuts.  Injury prone or not he''s a class act and can command much higher wages anywhere else.