Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

Clingan Injury

Now I don''t like to see any player get injured but if Russell plays instead it could be a blessing in disguise. Last season we won games when Rusty played and lost games when he didn''t. Perhaps Clingan and Fozzy are too similar? what do you folks think?

Fotheringham admitted in an interview a day or two ago he and SC play similar style of football but Fotheringham will be the one getting forward and Clingan will doing what our captain did last season which was sit back and defend more often than not.

However I really cannot see Fotheringham contributing when getting forward, so I would much rather see Clingan in the defensive hole which he does SO much better than Fotheringham ever did, and Russell being the one getting forward, he has proven his skill scoring goals and getting involved in the box.

I really cannot see Fotheringham being dropped though :(

I hope SC is fit to play so that we can play Russell upfront where he did so wall against blackpool.  He looks like the only one that will fight for the ball upfront and use a bit of muscle to get the goals.  Also he can drop back when we are on the back foot or when we need to close out the game after he has done the business upfront.

"A BLESSING"

now don''t get me wrong i don''t rate him but i don''t wish injury or support it! some fan you are!

[quote user="NCFC198"]

I hope SC is fit to play so that we can play Russell upfront where he did so wall against blackpool.  He looks like the only one that will fight for the ball upfront and use a bit of muscle to get the goals.  Also he can drop back when we are on the back foot or when we need to close out the game after he has done the business upfront.[/quote]

Agreed 198. In an ideal world Rusty would be our supersub - he has shown how versatile he is - and Fotheringham would hardly figure. In present circumstances however, Rusty should be one of the first names on the sheet. - what more was the manager looking for in the friendlies? As for Clingan - a bit rash of me perhaps but I think we may at long last have a replacement for the likes of Damien Francis. Clingan & Chadwick are better footballers than either Fotheringham or Pattison IMO - and Russell more effective right now than any of them! But GR cannot leave out Pattison or Fotheringahm - if he did and we started winning; how would they get back in the team?

[quote user="billy bunter"]

"A BLESSING"

now don''t get me wrong i don''t rate him [/quote]

Sorry you don''t rate him Billy - let''s reappraise in a few months time. But didn''t you say  a few days ago on another thread we would definitely be signing someone yesterday - or did I dream that?