Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Full house or not?

Folks,

At the Arsenal game today was it a full house? 23,944 doesn''t seem like it to me.

What is the capacity now?

And if it wasn''t a full house what seats weren''t filled. Was it in the away supporters section?

current capacity is 24,369, today was 98% attendance. There were a few empty seats in Arsenal''s end and obviously some seats are taken away to separate the away fans from the home fans in the Jarrold stand

The capacity of the stadium is around 24,349 I''m told.I''m told for the segregation about 6 rows of seats can''t be used obviously and there are about 40 rows so around 240 seats are unusable in segregation. 23,944 + 240= 24,184 so that leaves roughly 155 seats not used which can possibly be used. The match was a sell out. Now the old seat may not of been taken cos some people may not of made it for some reason or some of the away tickets may not of been all taken through many possible reasons and it was on telly but to me I couldn''t see a seat in the home section untaken but that''s not fully accurate of course and am not aware of what was taken in the away section.

No idea seemed full to me. Also 98% attendance meant that 2% of people with tickets didn''t come. Why not? Give them away if you don''t want to use them!

98% full today, not sure where the empty seats were because there were none near me. Guess the missing 500 were probably season ticket holders who were on holiday,it being August.

for the life of me i dont know why there is a strip of no mans land between home and away fans , if there is a need for it then why so wide ? and why not just employ more stewards or police to divide the fans , surely the selling of the extra seats would more than cover the costs involved . lets face it , theres more likely to be trouble in other areas of the ground where , as yesterday a few gooners were mouthing off .