Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

We're better this Season (Bertrand)

I agree with Bertrand. It is gonna take a little tiem for the team to gel. Get a classy proven striker in and i think the only way for us to go is onwards and upwards. I know a lot of people are moaning ( i understand ) that were crap and were not good enough and all that. But i think we will finish top 10 this season no problem.

On the ball city.................

[quote user="Jack-a-nack-a-nory"]

I agree with Bertrand. It is gonna take a little tiem for the team to gel. Get a classy proven striker in and i think the only way for us to go is onwards and upwards. I know a lot of people are moaning ( i understand ) that were crap and were not good enough and all that. But i think we will finish top 10 this season no problem.

[/quote]

Could we sink any deeper?

Whilst I agree that the squad is significantly more impressive than lasy years shower of S*#t, I`m not convinced that the first team is significantly stronger. However we will have more of an advantage as and when injuries come along and thats positive.

Glenn has and is continuing to cut out a lot of the dead wood. I see the team as a work in progress but can`t see much beyond a mid to lower table finish (having said that it is still very very early to make this kind of call. Just hope that the boys don`t need to much time to bond as a unit[^o)]

It''s the manager''s job to make them gel as fast as possible. That''s not an easy job...one of the reasons why Alex Ferguson is such a good manager.

Get''s new lads to fit in straight away...

I very much doubt that Lord Purplenose has ever found himself having to totally rebuild a squad using only the spare change the cleaner hoovered up in the Old Trafford boardroom.

It will take ten games, and the addition of our main striker, before we can make any accurate assumptions about how this team will fare over the rest of the season.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]Hence the reason we''re trying to sign a new striker...[/quote]

Shouldn''t we(ve done that in the first place?

It took Lord Ferg about four years to build a decent side at Old Trafford (saved by Mark Robins, as adults will recall). Some people have given Roeder two games.

Spot on Robert. Man utd were 3rd from bottom and fans calling for his head before the Forest game. Man utd won that 1-0, Robins scored. Then they just got stronger. Well the rest is history.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I very much doubt that Lord Purplenose has ever found himself having to totally rebuild a squad using only the spare change the cleaner hoovered up in the Old Trafford boardroom.

It will take ten games, and the addition of our main striker, before we can make any accurate assumptions about how this team will fare over the rest of the season.

[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Blimey! In total agreement with you there Shack!

Barclay Boy.. what were those Yoghurts that appear in that Picture in your sig called? I loved those as a kid!!!! didnt the pots glow in the Dark?

jas :)

[quote user="Jack-a-nack-a-nory"]

[/quote]

This is exactly the sort of simpering, pathetic, whimpish, wet, empty-headed, cretinous, flaccid drivel that underpins the incompetence and prudence of our club

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]It took Lord Ferg about four years to build a decent side at Old Trafford (saved by Mark Robins, as adults will recall). Some people have given Roeder two games.
[/quote]

With respect, you''re comparing the construction of an Eiffel tower with an electricity pylon. No one has given Roeder two games, you''re fictionlizing the truth so you can shoot it down. Roeder himself has publicly stated the need for a target man and nearly ten months have gone by and still we don''t have such a player. On occasions last year he played Cureton up front on his own, a player whose track record shows that he is a prolific goalscorer only when partnered by a tall, muscular, athletic target man. No wonder Cureton''s confidence is at an all time low. Now, here we are, two game sinto the season and already having dropped 5 points out of 6 and Cardiff away tomorrow and you''re still apologizing for Roeder and, unbelievably, analogizing the situation at our lovely football club with one of the biggest and most succesful in the world. Please don''t be silly.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]It took Lord Ferg about four years to build a decent side at Old Trafford (saved by Mark Robins, as adults will recall). Some people have given Roeder two games.[/quote]

With respect, you''re comparing the construction of an Eiffel tower with an electricity pylon. No one has given Roeder two games, you''re fictionlizing the truth so you can shoot it down. Roeder himself has publicly stated the need for a target man and nearly ten months have gone by and still we don''t have such a player. On occasions last year he played Cureton up front on his own, a player whose track record shows that he is a prolific goalscorer only when partnered by a tall, muscular, athletic target man. No wonder Cureton''s confidence is at an all time low. Now, here we are, two game sinto the season and already having dropped 5 points out of 6 and Cardiff away tomorrow and you''re still apologizing for Roeder and, unbelievably, analogizing the situation at our lovely football club with one of the biggest and most succesful in the world. Please don''t be silly.

[/quote]Um, no. It wasn''t my comparison. Another poster effectively said that His Purpleness would have sorted things out at NCFC by now if he was in Roeder''s shoes. I was just pointing out that it took him some time to sort things out at Man Utd. To reply to the rest of your post:Plenty of people on here have written off this team, and Roeder, after two games of this season.Roeder has publicly stated the need for a target man, and is presumably looking for one. If he said we didn''t need one, then there''d be a problem. Better he signs the right player after five games than the wrong one before the start of the season.Cureton''s lack of confidence is down to many factors, including: having never played with a decent target man since arriving at the start of last season, the public criticism of him by Grant and Roeder, and his own missed chances. Some of this is obviously Roeder''s fault, but not all.I make no apology for "still" defending Roeder after the first week of the season. Most of his signings seem to be decent ones. We still need a target man - everyone knows that, including him. If we don''t have one by Aug 31st, then I will be worried and obviously some of the blame needs to be put at Roeder''s door.