Sign in to follow this  
pak mei

realistic target

I f you put aside for a moment the fact that the team concerned is our team, and attempt to not be influenced by the emotions that follow, what would be a realistic target for a team who last november had been written off by every media authority as already relagated to achieve the following year.Like every hopeless fool I begin this season with ambition of the ultimate prize but really speaking, would lets say 8th be a failure for this imaginary team or a success.I,m interested in your opinions

8th would be an incredible success but probably not very realistic. When you consider that said team also replaced a lot of the previous squad, barely spending any money in the process, I would say that anything above the bottom third would be a result.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]8th would be an incredible success but probably not very realistic. When you consider that said team also replaced a lot of the previous squad, barely spending any money in the process, I would say that anything above the bottom third would be a result.
[/quote]

Every season I start off with a realistic target for my club (s).  That is at least staying in the League you are in - anything over that is a bonus.  Unfortunately one of my teams didn''t manage it last year but hopefully they will this year at the least.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]8th would be an incredible success but probably not very realistic. When you consider that said team also replaced a lot of the previous squad, barely spending any money in the process, I would say that anything above the bottom third would be a result.[/quote]well that mirrors my own opinion exactly which is why 90% of the posts on here recently have astounded meif people truly believe we are no better now than at the start of last season it would be right to be unhappy, if like me you think that glenn roeder can this year build on his successes of last year and be on target for a ''three year plan'' then why would you negative having watched three games where you''ve seen the beginings of a bloody good team, far from complete but promising, I hope for play offs but mid table would be an incredible step forward from last year.

I think that 8th would be realistic, so long as we can become something of a goal-scoring machine - not likely at the moment. Unless we secure two good strikers I can''t see us in the top six..If, heaven forbid, we don''t get the big man and we can''t replace Kennedy for 2009, then a more realistic expectation could be 12th to 14th.

I''d be happy with a mid table finish without having to look over our shoulder at the relegation places. 8th-14th will do me nicely. Play offs would be a huge bonus considering where we were last season.