Sign in to follow this  
chirpy bird

glenn roeder

[quote user="chirpy bird"]

I think its about time that you all give the norwich city manager time to get the right player.

[/quote]

What!?  We control the transfer windows do we?

Tick Tock 10 days to go wakey wakey!

[quote user="chirpy bird"]

I think its about time that you all give the norwich city manager time to get the right player.

[/quote]I think schools go back in about two weeks.

We all gave plenty of time, but then the season started, 1 win, 1 lucky draw and knocked out of the League Cup by a Lower League team yet again. It is painfully clear that without that elusive "big man upfront" we will not win many games.

So knowing since Dion first announcing his retirement, and Hucks not having his contract renewed isn''t long enough?  Just over a week to go, and if he doesn''t have his big target man in by then god help us all.

[quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="chirpy bird"]

[/quote]

Sorry Mrs Roeder, we didn''t mean to pick on your hubby

[/quote]

Mrs Roeder doesn''t even read the sports pages, let alone footie boards.

Roeder has my vote so far.

He set out last season to keep our club up, which he did.

He has acquired some good players by means available to him (loans, frees, or cash).

He has cleared out some deadwood,

and he is currently still trying to get the one player he thinks we need. It appears that it is not his fault he hasnt yet got this player here, but at least he hasnt gone out and signed any rubbish alternative just for the sake of pleasing some of the supporters of our fine club.

So as i said, he has my vote so far.

(mind you, he did let Hucks go..............................)

[quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="chirpy bird"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Fact is, people like you wouldn''t dare say these things to Roeder away from your virtual facade.

Give the team and manager a chance. Optomistically I want the team to be promoted which fan wouldnt?!!But being realistic can we really expect to get anywhere near promotion this season........probably not........considering the changes in players/staff playing/training styles etc I think a mid table finish would be acceptable showing progress on the pitch with players and playing style. Off the pitch who knows whats best............................

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="chirpy bird"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fact is, people like you wouldn''t dare say these things to Roeder away from your virtual facade.
[/quote]

People like who?

Have met and discussed teams selections the weather all sorts with several of the managers. They are only human like most of us. Never been frightened to say to anyones face what I would say on here. If I think they are right I would tell them the same if I thought they were wrong. We are all entitled to our own opinions. The difference is they are paid big money to get it right.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]We all gave plenty of time, but then the season started, [:$]1 win,[:$] 1 lucky draw and knocked out of the League Cup by a Lower League team yet again. It is painfully clear that without that elusive "big man upfront" we will not win many games.[/quote]That''s okay mate... if we don''t win many, you can just invent victories for us, like the one above... [;)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="chirpy bird"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fact is, people like you wouldn''t dare say these things to Roeder away from your virtual facade.
[/quote]

I will give you some facts if you want......

1, I think Roeder is a class manager and really knows his stuff, but, and its a big but (no not like JFH''s butt) he has known for 8 months that we needed a target man, yet still we are no nearer getting one.

2, The statement about Mrs Roeder was supposed to be mildly amusing.

3, I was outside the ground one day with my 5 yearold daughter when Worthy pulled up in his car, he got out and came over to speak to us. After the usual chit-chat he then said what do you think about the team, what do you think about the way they are playing, and what do you think I can do to improve things.  Yes I know it seems strange but on my childrens life thats what happend, and I told him in a frank and honest manner, so in answer to your question yes I would dare tell the manager what I think, he''s not a God just a man doing a job who can, like us, make errors of judgement.

Still early days but its obvious from our 1st 3 games (and yes I''ve been at all of them but not going today cause my finances don''t stretch that far) that unless we improve the attacking part of our team we will struggle!

Roeder has had plenty of time to get more attacking options in but for some reason hasn''t. I feel hes having to operate with his hands tied behind his back cause the board either haven''t got or won''t slpash the cash.

But all this talk about a targetman is correct in one sense in that we need one but it isn''t all about getting that elusive one player and everything will be OK.

The wing play has not been penetrating at all, Croft will always flatter to deceive all of which makes the release of Hucks look so ridiculous!

Our best attacking midfielder (indeed one of the clubs best players who should be an automatic choice) Russell isn''t getting played, I think because Roeder deosn''t like him and/or cause he didn''t sign him. Fotheringham and Clingan are solid midfielders, good at sideways passing but neither are very attack minded and haven''t got the running in them that Russell has which can push the team up the field and make things happen!

Roeder made me laugh when he said in the EDP the other week that "I don''t do favourites" cause his release of Hucks and reluctance to start Russell  suggests otherwise!

Roeder has to be given time but hes not helping himself and the board aren''t helping either.

I respect the board for what they have done in the past but I feel now the club will only move forward when a new board is in place!

I will still reserve judgement until the end of the window,but I have to admit to being concerned that GR seems to be staking everything on Iversen,with no apparent alternative.If that is truly the case I think its brinksmanship to an almost suicidal degree and will result in general opprobium if it fails.However,we won''t know the truth for another week or so,so until then I''ll try to remain positive.