Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

RUSSELL TO LEAD THE LINE.....

Is it money though, or just a supply problem ?  Target men have always been difficult to come by, maybe GR is waiting to get the best one for his money, rather than panic buying any old 6 footer ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Is it money though, or just a supply problem ?  Target men have always been difficult to come by, maybe GR is waiting to get the best one for his money, rather than panic buying any old 6 footer ?[/quote]He''s had seven months to find someone fitting his criteria, appreciate a few have fallen through - though you have to ask why they''ve fallen through, it can''t all be due to medicals and I''m sure some of it is due to wage demands/transfer fees.  The longer he dithers, the worse it''s going to get for us.

Russell changed the game last Saturday but my God, why are we in the position of having our best midfielder up front, another p*ss take from this club i''m afraid.The front two should have been sorted weeks ago!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Russell changed the game last Saturday but my God, why are we in the position of having our best midfielder up front, another p*ss take from this club i''m afraid.The front two should have been sorted weeks ago![/quote]

Your not wrong!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Is it money though, or just a supply problem ?  Target men have always been difficult to come by, maybe GR is waiting to get the best one for his money, rather than panic buying any old 6 footer ?
[/quote]

A combo of both I suspect - regarding supply and wonga. But, that ole cliche "You pay peanuts"........

I''d love to know what ''best money'' the manager has, but it is more a ''needs is must'' than a panic buy.......And it''s not like it''s just been unexpectedly sprung upon us, is it?

It was a combination of both last time we were here a couple of years ago with Worthy. There are so many similarities. Worthy said Hulse was plan A and Howard was plan B. He admitted he didnt''s have a Plan C to Z. He said he only wanted to sign players who would take the club forward. He went on to criticise the board over being reactive instead of pro active in the transfer market when we didn''t sign Ashton in the summer window of the Premier season. He said he could buy half a dozen strikers for a few hundred thousand pounds but they wouldn''t be good enough. In the end the only way he could bring that quality in was Dion after the window shut. Worthy paid the ultimate price and Grant came in and brought those players Worthy didn''t want for a few hundred thousand and we nearly got relegated.

So I''m torn over this one. If Iverson or whoever is Roeders Plan A and he still believes he can sign him then I wouldn''t want him to give up and go out and sign players who would be second best and not good enough for our club. We have been there before.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

He''s had seven months to find someone fitting his criteria, appreciate a few have fallen through - though you have to ask why they''ve fallen through, it can''t all be due to medicals and I''m sure some of it is due to wage demands/transfer fees.  The longer he dithers, the worse it''s going to get for us.

[/quote]

Which ones have fallen through, and where have they gone? Forget Roeder, who has signed for another CCC Club who you''d have liked here?

[quote user="Old Boy"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

He''s had seven months to find someone fitting his criteria, appreciate a few have fallen through - though you have to ask why they''ve fallen through, it can''t all be due to medicals and I''m sure some of it is due to wage demands/transfer fees.  The longer he dithers, the worse it''s going to get for us.[/quote]

Which ones have fallen through, and where have they gone? Forget Roeder, who has signed for another CCC Club who you''d have liked here?

[/quote]The obvious example is Raziak, who was on the verge of signing when Bolton came calling.  This season we''ve been done for his signature by Watford, hardly in a great financial situation themselves.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Well, times are tight.......

[/quote]A good desision in my opinion given our current options, at least he understands how to put the ball in the net from 6 yards! [:P]

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Well, times are tight.......

[/quote]

A good desision in my opinion given our current options, at least he understands how to put the ball in the net from 6 yards! [:P]
[/quote]

I think you''ll find it''s an ''enforced'' decision.....