Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Have we seen the last of Malky and Brennan?

It will beinteresting to see if Malky and Brennan are on the bench against Arsenal. Both are CURRENT Internationals, both did their bit last season, both are fit - will they get a chance?
I do hope they haven''t fallen out with Mr W - although I do understand that there is a "problem" between Malky and Worthy. Nigel is proving himself to be a good manager, but he does have a reputation for falling out with players - great shame.

Or, looked at the other way, players (or so rumour says) have a tendency to fall out with the boss. Tough - leave them to sort it out. I really admire it all stays "in the dressing room" in spite of the temptation for the club, the manager and the players to comment on such cr@p. If that self-discipline goes, it''s a sign that team spirit is fading.

Malky has been injured up until this week, what more do you expect? As for Brennan, its sad but he''s obviously just considered a squad player. Im sure they''ll all get their chances.

Plenty of people at the match were saying that Paul Gallagher has had a row with Worthy about not being played and has been given the cold shoulder treatment. Is this just another load of tosh from The Serious Rumour Squad?

Let us be honest and say that even had Malky been 110% fit would he have done any better than Fleming and Charlton at trying to stop Henry -- NO. Brennan is going to find it difficult because we have Drury, Bentley and Huckerby down the left side, however, at some stage they will either get injured, suspended, or lose form, and that is when he gets his chance. We have a first team squad of 24 players and every game there are going to be 13 players who would love to be in the starting line up. All I would say to those 13 players is that when your chance comes, take it and make it difficult for Worthy to then drop you for the next game. Finally, I''m sure both Malky and Brennan would rather be a squad player in the Premiership than playing in the Championship.

you might see both vs Bristol Rovers but sadly it seems Brennan seems to be heading for a season in the reserves, having his contract cancelled by mutual consent and then being given away (like Heckingbottom etc etc). How else can NW explain not including him in any 16 for the first 4 matches?
A sad waste as far as I''m concerned. I would personally have him in my first XI ahead of McVeigh and Jonson.
As for Mackay, a cameo appearance, if both Charlton and Fleming are injured, is all we can expect.

Personally I cannot understand how people dismiss Malky so readily - he was inspirational over the last few seasons. Furthermore he is still being selected as a CURRENT international - so he is not exactly crap is he? Brennan also at least deserves a place on the bench.

However, the usual myopic statements will be made by many people about leaving things to Worthy I am merely pointing out that Nigel now has a history of freezing players out, and that is not a good trait.

I was screaming for more involvement of Brennan last season but when Worthy went for broke around feb with the 4-3-3 (hux sven and leon) that worked rather well and we couldn''t complain!
But in a simple 4-4-2, with mcveigh''s inconsistency remaining and johnson still not adjusted, i''d like to see bentley right and brennan left. I just don''t understand why worthy won''t look at him more often. he''s the perfect midfielder - he can defend, cross and shoot with aplomb. get him in the squad at least NW.

Take the cir chance when it comes - undoubtedly the right approach/advice to them all. We''re in danger starting to talk like the arrogant Premiership teams we aspire not to be like here - Edworthy has proved it: took his chance and now Helveg''s on the bench. They''ll all get a crack at some point

no, we haven''t. simple as that. in the premiership there will be a lot more chopping and changing with our line-up, therefore pretty much all of our squad should figure at some point. thats why a large squad is so essential for the prem.

I''d still think they''re important squad players and I''m sure worthy does too. I can understand why paul gallagher is upset because he got cut out of the scotland squad, but he must have known the situation.