Sign in to follow this  
magic_eyes

Left hand side of defence

Is it me or have majority of goals we have conceded been on our left hand side and why is that?

Bellion, Bellamy, Reyes, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp

I''m not sure why, we look pretty solid most of the time, but I suspect it could be two things.

1. Drury sometimes loses concentration and gets caught ball watching, also yesterday he made a couple of uncharacteristic errors, the ball went through his legs for the first goal and I don''t need to say anything about the third.

2. Lack of cover in front of Drury puts a lot of pressure on him.

Something for Worthy to work on in training.

OTBC

Agree with you totally. it seemed to me that Drury is getting pulled into the middle, which leaves spare men where drury should be. You could question that whoever plays left-wing needs to provide more cover, however I see it more that Drury gets caught been drawn to the ball, and not staying in his position. I can see worthy telling him to concentrate on his job and let others do there''s

drury isn''t yet on top form, but it will come. drury, mcveigh and green (i believe) are our only players to have started so far which have not experienced the top level, and green doesn''t really count, having been in the england set-up. it will come. england cap by the end of the season for drury is my hopeful prediction

I agree with robbo totally, its a clear tactic that both full backs pull right into the middle, drury especially. this leaves a lot of space down the side especially if we have an attacker on the wing, like bentley.