Broadly speaking there are two types of members in the Wynn-Jones fan

club. The first group, whilst acknowledging that success on the

football is really rather nice, know that it isn''t really THAT

important. You can spot them a mile off: they adopt a pompous mien and

intone words like "tradition", "community" and "pies". Dewy-eyed they

evoke a golden age when eleven horny-handed sons of the soil ran out to

represent City under the paternal gaze of a ruddy-cheeked Norfolk

farmer. And finished bottom of Division 3 South. Curiously though,

these unabashed nostalgists NEVER mention Cup competitions.

Then there is the other lot. They know that success on the football

field is important, but unfortunately they think that what we are

experiencing now IS success. Chests bursting with pride they recount

how in our last ten second tier campaigns we have finished in the top 6

not once but twice! Just be glad, they imply, that we have risen above

our natural place in the order of things and aren''t scratching and

scrabbling to avoid relegation to the third division every season. This

group have even more selective memories - naturally they never mention

cup competitions either, and for some reason they also don''t mention

what happened in our previous ten seasons in the second tier. So in the

spirit of education here''s the record: we managed top 6 finishes on

four occasions - which only sounds twice as good until you remember

that they were actually all top 3 finishes and were all accompanied by

promotion.

I don''t have much truck with either group. To me the words "Football

Club" are a big clue as to what Norwich City should be overwhelmingly

about - I simply don''t understand anyone who thinks differently. The

other lot are almost worse: from 1972 to 1995 this club spent just 3

seasons outside the top flight (and they were all promotion winning

seasons). Anyone who believes that our natural position is in the

bottom half of the Championship is ignorant of where we have come from

and what was built in the decades following 1957. They slight the work

of Geoffrey Watling, Archie Macaulay, Ron Ashman, Ron Saunders, Duncan

Forbes, Arthur South, Dave Stringer and hundreds of others who

transformed this club.

Well said reg, and when anyone at the club starts comparing us to and dribbling on about Leeds they obviously don''t care about the FOOTBALL at Carrow Rd.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

[quote user="Reg Presley"]Broadly speaking there are two types of members in the Wynn-Jones fan club. The first group, whilst acknowledging that success on the football is really rather nice, know that it isn''t really THAT important. You can spot them a mile off: they adopt a pompous mien and intone words like "tradition", "community" and "pies". Dewy-eyed they evoke a golden age when eleven horny-handed sons of the soil ran out to represent City under the paternal gaze of a ruddy-cheeked Norfolk farmer. And finished bottom of Division 3 South. Curiously though, these unabashed nostalgists NEVER mention Cup competitions.

Then there is the other lot. They know that success on the football field is important, but unfortunately they think that what we are experiencing now IS success. Chests bursting with pride they recount how in our last ten second tier campaigns we have finished in the top 6 not once but twice! Just be glad, they imply, that we have risen above our natural place in the order of things and aren''t scratching and scrabbling to avoid relegation to the third division every season. This group have even more selective memories - naturally they never mention cup competitions either, and for some reason they also don''t mention what happened in our previous ten seasons in the second tier. So in the spirit of education here''s the record: we managed top 6 finishes on four occasions - which only sounds twice as good until you remember that they were actually all top 3 finishes and were all accompanied by promotion.

I don''t have much truck with either group. To me the words "Football Club" are a big clue as to what Norwich City should be overwhelmingly about - I simply don''t understand anyone who thinks differently. The other lot are almost worse: from 1972 to 1995 this club spent just 3 seasons outside the top flight (and they were all promotion winning seasons). Anyone who believes that our natural position is in the bottom half of the Championship is ignorant of where we have come from and what was built in the decades following 1957. They slight the work of Geoffrey Watling, Archie Macaulay, Ron Ashman, Ron Saunders, Duncan Forbes, Arthur South, Dave Stringer and hundreds of others who transformed this club.[/quote]

And a large majority of those ''Wynny Worshippers''.....reside in and around the Directionless box and the Cathederal Lounge. I have to weave my way through them every home game, just to take my poverty plastic pew. They position their blown veined and ruddy cheeks, pitted bulbous forest of nasal hair noses sporting harris-tweed and many with their aged an'' wax-less Barbour jacketed adorned portly carcasses in front of the bar, denying access to those who don''t ''fit in'' because they know ''who really belongs''. They loudly grunt, grumble and splutter through inane and dull conversation, whilst supping loudly, from their pewter flagons filled with ambrosia (including the females). They don''t own wallets or purses, they have bundles of well-thumbed notes, held together by a large and perished elastic band - and these folk smell of horses, hounds and chicken manure - with just a sickly aromatic tinge of sugar-beet. They proudly wear their football scarves ''Priest Style'' draped over there shoulders - as an identity to fellow ''Wynny''s''.......

When the ''Saviours of our Soccer'' the ''Stowmarket Two'' appear before kick-off.....the ''Wynny''s'' emit a chorus of ''Hmmm yes, here they are rah, rah,'' and a ripple of muted applause is faintly apparent......

''The Wynn Jones Fan Club''.......''Select, elite, and although moderate in size, still very powerful - and are here for the foreseeable future.''

The bottom line as far as I can see is that the current HAVE done a good job but have now overstayed their time and a new board with more finance is needed or we will continue and could very possibly do a Leicester with the current boards ''prudence with no spending'' policy!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Reg Presley"]Broadly speaking there are two types of members in the Wynn-Jones fan club. The first group, whilst acknowledging that success on the football is really rather nice, know that it isn''t really THAT important. You can spot them a mile off: they adopt a pompous mien and intone words like "tradition", "community" and "pies". Dewy-eyed they evoke a golden age when eleven horny-handed sons of the soil ran out to represent City under the paternal gaze of a ruddy-cheeked Norfolk farmer. And finished bottom of Division 3 South. Curiously though, these unabashed nostalgists NEVER mention Cup competitions.

Then there is the other lot. They know that success on the football field is important, but unfortunately they think that what we are experiencing now IS success. Chests bursting with pride they recount how in our last ten second tier campaigns we have finished in the top 6 not once but twice! Just be glad, they imply, that we have risen above our natural place in the order of things and aren''t scratching and scrabbling to avoid relegation to the third division every season. This group have even more selective memories - naturally they never mention cup competitions either, and for some reason they also don''t mention what happened in our previous ten seasons in the second tier. So in the spirit of education here''s the record: we managed top 6 finishes on four occasions - which only sounds twice as good until you remember that they were actually all top 3 finishes and were all accompanied by promotion.

I don''t have much truck with either group. To me the words "Football Club" are a big clue as to what Norwich City should be overwhelmingly about - I simply don''t understand anyone who thinks differently. The other lot are almost worse: from 1972 to 1995 this club spent just 3 seasons outside the top flight (and they were all promotion winning seasons). Anyone who believes that our natural position is in the bottom half of the Championship is ignorant of where we have come from and what was built in the decades following 1957. They slight the work of Geoffrey Watling, Archie Macaulay, Ron Ashman, Ron Saunders, Duncan Forbes, Arthur South, Dave Stringer and hundreds of others who transformed this club.[/quote]

And a large majority of those ''Wynny Worshippers''.....reside in and around the Directionless box and the Cathederal Lounge. I have to weave my way through them every home game, just to take my poverty plastic pew. They position their blown veined and ruddy cheeks, pitted bulbous forest of nasal hair noses sporting harris-tweed and many with their aged an'' wax-less Barbour jacketed adorned portly carcasses in front of the bar, denying access to those who don''t ''fit in'' because they know ''who really belongs''. They loudly grunt, grumble and splutter through inane and dull conversation, whilst supping loudly, from their pewter flagons filled with ambrosia (including the females). They don''t own wallets or purses, they have bundles of well-thumbed notes, held together by a large and perished elastic band - and these folk smell of horses, hounds and chicken manure - with just a sickly aromatic tinge of sugar-beet. They proudly wear their football scarves ''Priest Style'' draped over there shoulders - as an identity to fellow ''Wynny''s''.......

When the ''Saviours of our Soccer'' the ''Stowmarket Two'' appear before kick-off.....the ''Wynny''s'' emit a chorus of ''Hmmm yes, here they are rah, rah,'' and a ripple of muted applause is faintly apparent......

''The Wynn Jones Fan Club''.......''Select, elite, and although moderate in size, still very powerful - and are here for the foreseeable future.''

[/quote]

You clearly have some issues... Ever considered moving seats.

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

You clearly have some issues... Ever considered moving seats.

[/quote]

No

Come on Mello, admit it - as much as you knock these people, you secretly want to "really belong" to their club - otherwise you''d be in the Snakepit or the Barclay, wouldn''t you ? [;)]

Power to the people, First against the wall, Come the glorious day, etc., etc.

Take a look at any football club (or any large sporting venue) to see that these type of people are always there. You can moan all you like but they won''t go away.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Come on Mello, admit it - as much as you knock these people, you secretly want to "really belong" to their club - otherwise you''d be in the Snakepit or the Barclay, wouldn''t you ? [;)]
[/quote]

"Really belong".....Sorry, but I have my personal standards and pretentious doesn''t feature in my vocabulary.

I''ve resided in all of the home fan areas at some stage of my supporting career. I''ve occupied my ''present pew with the excellent view'' for quite a long time now. So, why should I succumb to the ''Demi-Gods and Wynny Worshippers?'' I don''t sit amongst them, but in my transit to my pew I have to meander around them. I don''t ''feast at half-time'' in the lounge either, as I prefer to watch the ''most excellent'' interval entertainment.......Now Blahahaha, tell me where you sit, again? 

[quote user="bunny"]

Power to the people, First against the wall, Come the glorious day, etc., etc.

Take a look at any football club (or any large sporting venue) to see that these type of people are always there. You can moan all you like but they won''t go away.

[/quote]

Correct, are they true supporters? Or is it a venue just to be seen and rub shoulders with the affluent? Why do they always return to their seats sometimes 10 minutes into the second-half?.....It isn''t a moan, it''s a casual observation.

[quote]So, why should I succumb to the ''Demi-Gods and Wynny Worshippers?'' I

don''t sit amongst them, but in my transit to my pew I have to meander

around them.[/quote]hey, if it''s the best seat in the house, fair play to you, you bought it.  Just seems odd that you''d choose such a sterile atmosphere, when you seem so passionate about NCFC and all it''s supposed ills.I sit where I can, and when I can - I make no apologies for not being a season ticket holder.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]So, why should I succumb to the ''Demi-Gods and Wynny Worshippers?'' I don''t sit amongst them, but in my transit to my pew I have to meander around them.[/quote]

hey, if it''s the best seat in the house, fair play to you, you bought it.  Just seems odd that you''d choose such a sterile atmosphere, when you seem so passionate about NCFC and all it''s supposed ills.

I sit where I can, and when I can - I make no apologies for not being a season ticket holder.
[/quote]

Well. since Andy Cullen''s unfortunate departure (Has his wife also departed the club?).......and if on the pitch goes all Pete Tong or is once again painfully mediocre. Next season there won''t be a problem in purloining a pew. I think the Board are fortunate that we aren''t as fickle as the Brum fans......only 17k at their gaff yesterday.

I suppose all the stay-away blue-noses will filter back if they''re top in October -November.....