Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Is Pattison coming good?

Generally considered as our best player today creative and willing to have a shot not to mention a brillant clearence off the line.  Now this that mean some of the Pattison hatters on this board will give him some credit.  Anyway let me say well done Pattison cos he played well today.

In other news JC will have to settle for a few weeks out the side because Lupoli has shown Jamie how to score.  This isn''t a knee jerk reaction because JC has been missing changes for a long time and missing from 12 yards is unacceptable.  Now I am a fan of Jamie''s and hope he can get his form back but right now Lupoli with the new target man is the better option.

OTBC

[quote user="Jim Kent"]

Generally considered as our best player today creative and willing to have a shot not to mention a brillant clearence off the line.  Now this that mean some of the Pattison hatters on this board will give him some credit.  Anyway let me say well done Pattison cos he played well today.

In other news JC will have to settle for a few weeks out the side because Lupoli has shown Jamie how to score.  This isn''t a knee jerk reaction because JC has been missing changes for a long time and missing from 12 yards is unacceptable.  Now I am a fan of Jamie''s and hope he can get his form back but right now Lupoli with the new target man is the better option.

OTBC

[/quote]I ducked when I read this post as I posted something similar last week and got shouted down. He hasn.t performed well for a long time now but he has got the quality when he applies himself and I felt first half against blackpool he was the only player trying to really force the game.We  need all our players performing at there best right now so lets not slate them when they do.

I agree with you Foggo, but I don''t like to get involved in debates on players that constantly appear on this message board because I won''t win, so generally just ignore posts critising our players.  I did see that I should say something after a good performance today that proves that Matty does have the quality I also knew he did.  Quite frankly the comparsions with Hughes and Robinson were laugable as football people can see he has far more quality.  I am not saying we shouldn''t critise our players because we should of course have the right to do so, but there was little reason to do so with Matty and I am pleased he is shown in the last two games what a good player he is.

Pattison has played well in spells of games then he goes wandering. It seems this season he is more consisitent and seems to get forward a lot more. He seems to have a new air of confidence about him. Competition for places i think. Any player who wants to wear the Norwich shirt has to work hard for it now because they know that someone can take their place straight away.

If he keeps playing well he will be a very good player for us.

We knew how good Pattisson could be because he showed it when he first came here before going off the boil. Hopefully he is now starting to do it on  a regular basis. He obviously had a ''difficult time'' off the pitch, judging from that well-publicised incident involving drink and turning up in his undies. Perhaps he is now sorting himself out and playing well - I hope so.

[quote user="Fergie"]

We knew how good Pattisson could be because he showed it when he first came here before going off the boil. Hopefully he is now starting to do it on  a regular basis. He obviously had a ''difficult time'' off the pitch, judging from that well-publicised incident involving drink and turning up in his undies. Perhaps he is now sorting himself out and playing well - I hope so.

[/quote]

I agree.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Well personally i have always thought that Patty is a decent player, he just needed to sort his passing out. He is physical, gets stuck in and can tackle and does try to use the ball intelligently. I think that maybe his confidence has been low before and that he has  now got it back.

Let also not forget, yes he was at a big club, but he is very young still and in terms of games, he must have played the majority of them for us, when a player has had about 30-40first team games then you can expect them to be more consistent but until then its tough.

So Patty played well yesterday? Does that mean that the sad morons who have to find someone to boo are going to have to move on to someone else? Good thing Curo missed that penalty yesterday.