Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Match of the Day

We got a slightly better reception today, but what were the gooners doing in the river end? During the match I saw Robert Green turn round and shout at someone in the river end who I had assumed had given him some abuse after Henrys goal. It annoyed me at the time because we need to support not critisize. Must have been the gooners in there though. I saw a lad going in in the full Arsenal kit, including football boots! Where do they get the tickets?

Chap near me saw the lad you are referring to come in from our stand and complained to a club official he knew as he walked round the peri track. The official went straight over to the stewards in that section and had words with them before calling the Arse fan over and talking to him, then speaking to someone on his walkie-talkie, then allowing him back to his seat. He wasn''t removed obviously, although there seemed to be some spare seats in the away fans'' section (surprisingly). Trouble is, if he had have been removed there would have been quite a few more who needed to go with him. Sadly I think it''s going to be a problem at several games this season. Can the club do anything about it? Well, perhaps they can find out who each of the seats belongs to and investigate...but my guess is that they, as long as there''s no apparent trouble caused, they will have more important things to be dealing with. (Maybe they will do something if, say, Greeno complains!)

Someone in the Jarrold Stand got kicked out for being in an Arsenal shirt, so why they couldnt move the River End contingent I dont know. I had to go on my own as I couldnt get two tickets as Im sure others did, and in the end there were spare (or vacated) seats we could have used, or those which seem to have been taken up by Gooners...

yes and if you watch behind the goal at the river end when arsenal score they are about 6 arsenal supporters jumping up including someone in a norwich city shirt what the hell is going on.where do they get tickets i know 3 people who are norwich supporters and could not get tickets.

im pretty sure they were gooners with norwich shirts on . disgraceful . no norwich fans should get tickets for their " mates " .

This is a serious concern. Not only is it disappointing for Norwich fans to be denied seats by these people, but also theres the risk of disturbances in the stands. It can also spoil the game for our own fans to some extent.

The good thing about the lack of tickets for casual supporters these days is that every seat is accounted for. Each an every seat sold for a game has a season ticket holder or member associated with it. So we should really note down the seat number of any away supporter and inform the club. If enough people do take such steps, the club might be able to take more action and people be put off offering their tickets to away fans in the future. After all, it is a security risk for the club to have fans mixing so its in their interests.

IMO opinion we should have a policy that if any away fan is seen in the home end they should be thrown out straight away. And shame on any Norwich fans getting tickets for there Arse friends.

Keep the faith