Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

If Omozusi Undermines The Defence Again Today......

I may start a one man protest at the next home game...

This guy is an absolute liability and has cost us dearly in all the games he''s played in so far. Ive watched him against Tottenham, Colchester and Blackpool and he''s made critical errors in every match that lead to goals.

The Colchester and Blackpool games he was solely to blame for those results not being victories. The U''s match he ran over the half way line completely passed the solid back line the other 3 defenders were holding and past the the 2 offside U''s strikers, playing them onside and subsequently allowing them an easy goal.

The Blackpool penalty was abysmal, rash and clumsy, even Roeder said the guy was going nowhere as he had no left foot, the 2nd goal at Coventry came from the right back area.

I said at the start of the Blackpool game that he undermines all the good work Dejan, Kennedy and Bertrand put in, and what happened, he did exactly that at the start of the 2nd half. You can argue it was Kennedy''s initial error that let them in but the danger could still have been avoided had he not made his pathetic attempt to defend the ''Pool striker.

How he''s in the team ahead of Semmy ill never know cause his attacking work is no better, at least Semmy linked up with Croft well.

If Cardiff score again from poor defending from this guy he''s got to go, how long can we continue with someone who is clearly the weak link in what is looking like a pretty solid defence.

I wonder how our previous results would have gone had we had Semmy there instead.

Agree. He looked lightweight and off the pace v Blackpool. However reading last nights Evening News Roeder saw things differently. Fulham said recently they expect him to play 30-40 games this year - what is in it for City?

He will either develop into a quality player and return to Fulham stronger and more experienced or wont make the grade at this level and Fulham will release him.

Looks a good deal for Fulham.

exactly, so that ''deal'' that i thought was in place is the case, that Fulham wouldnt let him out here unless we guaranteed he would play every game.

This is all well and good for the players development but its severly ruining our chances of winning football matches!!!!!!

What a simply ludicrous arrangement Roeder has agreed with this guy when there was no problem before with the right back berth.

I was more than happy with Semmy''s performance last season, yes he sometimes didnt fulfill his attacking potential and was sometimes caught out of position, but that never mattered cause he was always quick enough to get back.

So far weve conceded goals and 75% of them have been down to him..

[quote user="Barclayman"]

This guy is an absolute liability and has cost us dearly in all the games he''s played in so far. Ive watched him against Tottenham, Colchester and Blackpool and he''s made critical errors in every match that lead to goals.

The Colchester and Blackpool games he was solely to blame for those results not being victories. The U''s match he ran over the half way line completely passed the solid back line the other 3 defenders were holding and past the the 2 offside U''s strikers, playing them onside and subsequently allowing them an easy goal.

The Blackpool penalty was abysmal, rash and clumsy, even Roeder said the guy was going nowhere as he had no left foot, the 2nd goal at Coventry came from the right back area.

I said at the start of the Blackpool game that he undermines all the good work Dejan, Kennedy and Bertrand put in, and what happened, he did exactly that at the start of the 2nd half. You can argue it was Kennedy''s initial error that let them in but the danger could still have been avoided had he not made his pathetic attempt to defend the ''Pool striker.

How he''s in the team ahead of Semmy ill never know cause his attacking work is no better, at least Semmy linked up with Croft well.

If Cardiff score again from poor defending from this guy he''s got to go, how long can we continue with someone who is clearly the weak link in what is looking like a pretty solid defence.

I wonder how our previous results would have gone had we had Semmy there instead.

[/quote]He''s cost us a goal in every game I''ve seen so far and and I totally agree with everything you''ve said.I''d personally like to see Semmy, Dejan, Shackell and Bertrand (or Drury even!) across the back four, but I''m in no doubt that he will be starting today mainly because Fulham are probably demanding that he starts every game...not that it would bother me, I''d quite happily let them take him back!

[quote user="Barclayman"]

[/quote]Against Milton Keynes, Otsemobor was crap.  If Semmy had played well, he''d be in the team - I''m certain of it.  So to an extent the shirt is Semmy''s to win back but he will have to play better than he did against the Dons.FWIW, I think Omosuzi will be one of our best players this season.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclayman"]

[/quote]

Against Milton Keynes, Otsemobor was crap.  If Semmy had played well, he''d be in the team - I''m certain of it.  So to an extent the shirt is Semmy''s to win back but he will have to play better than he did against the Dons.

FWIW, I think Omosuzi will be one of our best players this season.

[/quote]

I really dont, due to the fact he seems to posess no defending ability whatsoever...He may improve in an attacking sense but he''s a right back after all.

I''ll admit he hasn''t looked that great but also not that bad although the rash not needed tackle cost us a point against probably one of the worst Championship teams I''ve ever seen in Blackpool!

I do fear after hearing Fulham say he''ll play 30+ games this season for Norwich that we''ll have similar situation to last season where Roeder is seemingly obliged to play loan players even if they aren''t good enough to be in the team and theres better players behind them!

Otsemobor hasn''t done much wrong in his time with us so in my opinion has been unlucky!

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

Agree. He looked lightweight and off the pace v Blackpool. However reading last nights Evening News Roeder saw things differently. Fulham said recently they expect him to play 30-40 games this year - what is in it for City?

He will either develop into a quality player and return to Fulham stronger and more experienced or wont make the grade at this level and Fulham will release him.

[/quote]

Yep, it''s a win, win situation for Fulham and could be a lose, lose for us. Bring back Semmy - let''s utilise our bought and paid for players wherever we can. Incidentally, what''s happened to the world''s best-looking footballer (Chadwick)? Is he injured again? If not, I would have expected to at least see him on the bench.

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"][quote user="Big Ginge"]

[/quote]

Yep, it''s a win, win situation for Fulham and could be a lose, lose for us. Bring back Semmy - let''s utilise our bought and paid for players wherever we can. Incidentally, what''s happened to the world''s best-looking footballer (Chadwick)? Is he injured again? If not, I would have expected to at least see him on the bench.

[/quote]

Great point, lets actually play our players that are contracted to NCFC.

Surely the point of loan players is they play if there better than what we have in that position, and that they were brought in cause we were lacking there, and they improve the team as a whole?

Omozusi is 100% not in that category. He''s not better than what we have, we werent lacking in that area and he''s not improving the team. The exact opposite actually.

So why''s he in the team?

I totally disagree, and wonder whether posters on this thread watched the same game as me (v Blackpool). Yes, Omozusi''s challenge was rash but it came after an abysmal piece of play by Kennedy, who lhad lost the ball, and he will learn from the experience. Apart from that, both Omozusi and Kennedy looked really good for 89 minutes. Omozusi''s link up play, once Croft came on, and with Russell leading the line well, was superb, and he also tackled fiercely all game. Mark my words, we have acquired a quality full back, who will only get better.

[quote user="Huge Hairy Canary"]I totally disagree, and wonder whether posters on this thread watched the same game as me (v Blackpool). Yes, Omozusi''s challenge was rash but it came after an abysmal piece of play by Kennedy, who lhad lost the ball, and he will learn from the experience. Apart from that, both Omozusi and Kennedy looked really good for 89 minutes. Omozusi''s link up play, once Croft came on, and with Russell leading the line well, was superb, and he also tackled fiercely all game. Mark my words, we have acquired a quality full back, who will only get better.[/quote]

He better get better cause all i see at the moment is a very raw and not ready full back who is costing us goals and football matches.

Are you denying the fact he''s been at fault for at least 3 of the last 5 goals weve conceded?

Great for morale at the club and amongst the team when a loan player-unproven and untested at that-can just come in and be, it seems, "guaranteed" a place, and a place above someone who had hardly done anything wrong to merit losing his and who is one of our players, not someone elses.

But Roeder tried the same thing with Semi last season with Matthew Bates.

Seems clear that Roeder doesn''t rate Semi at all. Thats his perogative, however, I don''t think it should be down to him to kowtow to Fulham''s demands and seemingly guarantee one of their players games regardless-and, with respect to Fulham, why the fuck would we bow down to them and behave like the feeder club they clearly see us as with regard to Omozusi. 

Personally have to disagree and say I think Omozusi will be a great player for us this season. He''s a young lad - but I think he''ll be comparable to Berty last season. Give him a chance!

I was - and certainly wouldn''t say he was woeful. I agree the best is yet to come, but I think that definitely will come if WE give him the chance.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]I was - and certainly wouldn''t say he was woeful. I agree the best is yet to come, but I think that definitely will come if WE give him the chance.[/quote]

Lets hope these chances don''t keep costing us goals.

I could understand if we had a right back like Gary Neville waiting to come in but Semi is one of the least aware footballers I''ve ever seen. His pace masks a lot of his mistakes and I think most fans dont realise that.

I could understand if we had a right back like Gary Neville waiting to come in but Semi is one of the least aware footballers I''ve ever seen. His pace masks a lot of his mistakes and I think most fans dont realise that.

that may be so, but the fact is he does have the pace to get back and we dont concede goals from that area anyway near the level that we have so far with Omozusi there.

Well what a bloody surprise, just seen the Cardiff penalty and guess what, it all came about from yet another defensive mistake from Omozusi.

He was turned on the edge of the box the cross came in then the pen.

How long is this going to continue? His mistakes are costing us goals.

Yes Omusuzi was turned but clingans tackle was a reckless as the one that conceeded the pen last week,  yet the blams for last weeks was split between the two culpable players.

Going to blame motm contender for the first goal as there was a non existent challenge in the build up to go along his mistake for the pen last week?   We conceeded a lot of goals last season from balls crossed to his part of the pitch and I am with the others that are happy ots is being pushed.  

I have to say 5 goals conceeded in 3 games against 3 lower/middle of  the road sides is starting to worry me - we finished last season with a team that conceeded at less than a goal a game (over more than half the season) against the best and worst in  the league. This and an inability to score is a recipe for disaster

and what was kennedy doing for there 1st goal. Also you have a go at omuzusi for his defending costing us goals, what about clingan, i might be wrong but it looked like him who gave the pen away, and it was him at coventry aswell.

We certainly seemed more threatening when we had two strikers on and dropped russell back into midfield with fozzy jas...