Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Player Ratings for Cardiff

Anyone who went care to let us know how people played? Apologies if there''s a thread somewhere - I can''t see it. From the posts I''ve read it sounds as though Matty Patty had a good game, and I''m pretty sure I saw on the highlights Croft actually create a chance for someone.Some ratings would be very welcome.

Aaiiii don''t believe it!!!!!  I''ve waited 3 hours to post the same thing!! Synchronicity or something.Anyway, I second Robert''s request

Great minds or something.Of course, there are people on this board who could easily give the ratings without having been to the game.Marshall 2 (Jas)Cureton 10 (Wiz)Pattison 3 (Mothers against Drink Driving)Fozzy 10 (me)Doherty 0  - he did nothing to stop us being scored on (Houston Canary)etc

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Great minds or something.

Of course, there are people on this board who could easily give the ratings without having been to the game.

Marshall 2 (Jas)

Cureton 10 (Wiz)

Pattison 3 (Mothers against Drink Driving)

Fozzy 10 (me)

Doherty 0  - he did nothing to stop us being scored on (Houston Canary)

etc[/quote]Lol Robert. Interestingly, jas hasn''t mentioned Marshall lately, maybe he''s had a change of heart?  [*-)]

i''m really angry about this because I tried to get coach tickets for the game and they were sold out yet Chris Goreham commented on the small following and no one seems to have reported on the game (fan wise)

[quote user="splatthecat"]i''m really angry about this because I tried to get coach tickets for the game and they were sold out yet Chris Goreham commented on the small following and no one seems to have reported on the game (fan wise)[/quote]Yes, but if they''ve just filled 3 coaches, they''re not going to take another one for 3 or 4 more people.

Hi,

Here are my ratings for the game yesterday. It was my first game of the season and since I’m from Ireland I can only get to six or seven games a season.

Marshall 7 – Very little he could do about the goals conceded but dealt comfortably with all of Cardiff’s shots and crosses.

Bertrand 7 - Didn’t think he got forward enough but was solid in possession. First choice left back no doubt.

Stefanovic 8 – Slightly at fault for the first goal as he missed the interception however he was superb thereafter and seems to be forming a good partnership with Kennedy.

Kennedy 7 – First goal conceded he was caught one on one with McCormack and was beaten too easily. Great in the air and improved as the game went on.

Omozusi 9 – Very impressive, far better defensively and in the air than Otsemobor and kept a good player like Ledley quiet for the whole game.

Hoolahan 6 – Struggled to get his passing going and hit too many long balls which Cureton and Russell couldn’t get too. Subbed at half time.

Fotheringham 7 – Neat and tidy as you would expect and battled well against the Cardiff midfield

Clingan 6 – Gave another penalty away by tripping McCormack but helped out defensively until he was subbed.

Pattison 8 – Got the penalty with a good run in behind the Cardiff defence and crucially cleared off the line to save the point late on. Played better second half when he was switched to the left wing and perhaps should have scored with some good efforts on goal.

Russell 7 – Struggled first half to win balls in air against Purse and Johnson but worked hard and was tidy on the ball when we did manage to get the ball to him. When he went into midfield after Clingan was subbed he showed why I think he should be one of our first choice CM’s good on the ball and gives us a much needed physical presence in midfield.

Cureton 4 – Very disappointing game from Jamie. Poor penalty miss that didn’t even hit the target and he was constantly giving the ball away with some poor passing. Would benefit from a target man but I think he’d be best used as an impact sub late on in games.

Subs:

Croft 7 – Was surprised by the substation at half time and the strange decision to play him wide left for most of the second half. Once he was moved to the right wing he was far better and delivered the assist for Lupo’s second. Pushing for a start next week.

Koroma 7 – Raw talent with a slightly heavy first touch but worked his socks off and will improve as the season goes on.

Lupoli 10 MOM â€“ Was warming up for the whole game and must have been wondering if he’d ever get on. Took his goals really well and simply must start next week as he looks our most likely striker to get goals and create chances.

Overall, Norwich look far better defensively than last season and Roeder has the foundations of a good side with that back 5 (Just need to stop giving away pen’s!). Ahead of that I think Fozzy, Clingan and Rusty are all pushing for starts next week and it will be interesting to see who Roeder goes for against Birmingham. Up front I’d play Koroma for his pace and work rate alongside Lupoli. Cureton gets my vote for impact sub.

[quote user="2Cakes"]Was it clingan who gave the penalty away? I thought it was Kennedy.

[/quote]

I''ve seen reports saying it was Kennedy but when I saw it on The Championship it was clearly Clingan!

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

Hi,

Here are my ratings for the game yesterday. It was my first game of the season and since I’m from Ireland I can only get to six or seven games a season.

Marshall 7 – Very little he could do about the goals conceded but dealt comfortably with all of Cardiff’s shots and crosses.

Bertrand 7 - Didn’t think he got forward enough but was solid in possession. First choice left back no doubt.

Stefanovic 8 – Slightly at fault for the first goal as he missed the interception however he was superb thereafter and seems to be forming a good partnership with Kennedy.

Kennedy 7 – First goal conceded he was caught one on one with McCormack and was beaten too easily. Great in the air and improved as the game went on.

Omozusi 9 – Very impressive, far better defensively and in the air than Otsemobor and kept a good player like Ledley quiet for the whole game.

Hoolahan 6 – Struggled to get his passing going and hit too many long balls which Cureton and Russell couldn’t get too. Subbed at half time.

Fotheringham 7 – Neat and tidy as you would expect and battled well against the Cardiff midfield

Clingan 6 – Gave another penalty away by tripping McCormack but helped out defensively until he was subbed.

Pattison 8 – Got the penalty with a good run in behind the Cardiff defence and crucially cleared off the line to save the point late on. Played better second half when he was switched to the left wing and perhaps should have scored with some good efforts on goal.

Russell 7 – Struggled first half to win balls in air against Purse and Johnson but worked hard and was tidy on the ball when we did manage to get the ball to him. When he went into midfield after Clingan was subbed he showed why I think he should be one of our first choice CM’s good on the ball and gives us a much needed physical presence in midfield.

Cureton 4 – Very disappointing game from Jamie. Poor penalty miss that didn’t even hit the target and he was constantly giving the ball away with some poor passing. Would benefit from a target man but I think he’d be best used as an impact sub late on in games.

Subs:

Croft 7 – Was surprised by the substation at half time and the strange decision to play him wide left for most of the second half. Once he was moved to the right wing he was far better and delivered the assist for Lupo’s second. Pushing for a start next week.

Koroma 7 – Raw talent with a slightly heavy first touch but worked his socks off and will improve as the season goes on.

Lupoli 10 MOM â€“ Was warming up for the whole game and must have been wondering if he’d ever get on. Took his goals really well and simply must start next week as he looks our most likely striker to get goals and create chances.

Overall, Norwich look far better defensively than last season and Roeder has the foundations of a good side with that back 5 (Just need to stop giving away pen’s!). Ahead of that I think Fozzy, Clingan and Rusty are all pushing for starts next week and it will be interesting to see who Roeder goes for against Birmingham. Up front I’d play Koroma for his pace and work rate alongside Lupoli. Cureton gets my vote for impact sub.

[/quote]

Don''t generally disagree with these ratings other than Omasuzi 9????? I thought he was a bit ropey to be honest and in all the games so far have struggled to understand what he offers over Otsemabor. Ok maybe slightly more solid defensively but nothing going forward whereas Semi was one of our bigest attacking threats at times last season. I also thought Clingan was very good apart from giving away another pen!

[quote user="Jim Smith"] 

Don''t generally disagree with these ratings other than Omasuzi 9????? I thought he was a bit ropey to be honest and in all the games so far have struggled to understand what he offers over Otsemabor. Ok maybe slightly more solid defensively but nothing going forward whereas Semi was one of our bigest attacking threats at times last season. I also thought Clingan was very good apart from giving away another pen!

[/quote]

In hindsight nine is probably a bit too high, but before the game I thought Ledley would be a big threat for Cardiff on their left wing but he didn''t get a kick as Omozusi never let him past him and get crosses into the box.

With last seasons away form I think Roeder recognised the need to tighten up at the back and Otsemobor is probably too attacking for his liking. Aswell as that Otsemobor has a habit of being sloppy with his passing and putting us under extra pressure defensively.  Omozusi keeps it simple and doesn''t try to do too much with the ball usually playing it into Fozzy or Clingan who play from the centre.   

Otsemobor''s pace is his main asset which helps him get away with some of his poor positional play and lack of heading ability compared to Omozusi. It would be interesting to see how he''d do at right wing cos I think his pace would give us a real threat.