Sign in to follow this  
AP16

Something a bit different?

Saw the following question format put to members of fanzines etc.. in Four Four Two magazine, wondered what some of your answers might be with regard to City? I''ve started it off with my answers, feel free to add your own.

Greatest hope for this season?

Sneaking into the play offs would be our greatest hope I reckon

Biggest fear?

Another season of mid table obscurity and s**t performances

Most important player?

Wes Hoolahan. From what I''ve seen he''s the new playmaker. Very creative and very quick with his feet. Looks a steal at 250k.

Terrace Favourite?

I don''t think we''ve really got one now Hucks and Dion have gone. I''d probably say Darel Russel at the moment.

Keep an eye out for?

To be honest I don''t feel there''ll be a whole lot of youth bought through into the first team as it rarely seems good enough. I''ll say Arturo Lupoli once he''s fit will be awesome.

Player so useless you''d quite happily drive him to his next club?

I''m not even sure he still exists. Simon Lappin. And I''ll even pay for the petrol.

Have you got the right manager?

Yes.

Which team do you most want to beat this season?

The Scum and Wolves.

Opposition player you despise?

Can''t stand Robbie Blake. In fact I hate him.

Opposition player you secretly admire?

I hate to say it but Matt Holland and Owen Garvan. Both very similar, both awesome.

If you could change one thing at the club what would it be?

Transaparency with the accounts. I''d like to know where the hefty transfer fees for Green, Ashton and Earnie went.

the greatest hope is winning the league and fa cup as they are the two competitions we are still in.

Biggest fear?

relegation

Most important player?

I think we have a number of important players but Russell i think is most important as he''s been almost talismanic so far.

Terrace Favourite?

Again Russell, although Hoolahan an Lupoli could well be on their way!

Keep an eye out for?

David Bell... OJ Koroma as well...

Doherty - he won''t find another club, he tried!

Yes.

The scum, the green scum, QPR, derby.

Anyone wearing a ipswich, plymouth, QPR or derby shirt!

probably Earnshaw... and chris cohen - hes awesome on football manager!

i''d like to see cullum in, but with Delia still helping to run things.

Greatest Hope

Top 8 finish & playing some decent football

Biggest Fear

That the players we have signed aren''t as good as I think they might be. That we fail to sign the striker that we desperately need.

Most Important Player

The striker we hopefully sign this week......

Terrace Favourite

Difficult one - last season we really only sung for 4 players - Hucks, Dion, Cureton & Otsemebor. Of the current crop Lupoli or Hoolahan look favourites.

Keep and eye out for

Kris Renton

Player so Useless....

None.

Right Manager?

Yes.

Team I want to beat

Ipswich

Opposition Player despised

Haynes & Counago - cheating diving scummers.

Opposition Player Secretly Admired

Danny Haynes (despite what I have said above)

Change one thing

More investment in the team...

Winning the league, or good cup run.

Biggest fear?

Relegation

Most important player?

Dejan Stefanovic

Terrace Favourite?

No-one of note

Keep an eye out for?

David Bell

Simon Lappin/Jamie Cureton

Yes.

Ipswich

Stephan Bywater

Kevin Phillips

The fans.

I''ll bite.

Greatest hope is that we win the Championship, can''t see it happening but then I didn''t see it coming at this stage last time. Mark Rivers being our top scorer at the time.

Biggest fear?

Relegation. Liquidation. Bankrupcy.

Most important player?

The striker we haven''t signed yet. Which is rather worrying. 

Terrace Favourite?

Nobody will come close to Hucks but my personal favourites are Russell, Drury and Otsemobor. Can''t see them playing much, as they were here before Mr Roeder. 

Keep an eye out for?

Hoolahan, looked good for Blackpool against us last year, I''m pretty sure he''ll come good

I quite like all our players, although before this weekend''s assists I thought Crofty was pretty awful. Hopefully he''s learnt how to cross, and it wasn''t a fluke or two.

I think he will be relatively successful. However I can''t say I like him. He seems intent on getting rid of any player who preceeded himself, and I think he will leave for a bigger Championship team as soon as the opportunity presents itself. This would be terrible for the club and the anti-board protests (for better or worse) would reach Chase-esque proportions. I think (for better or worse) Mr Roeder has a very cold, unsentimental view of the game.

Franchise FC (oh well)

Can''t stand Lee Hughes (even before the killing) although fortunately he''s not in our league.

Earnshaw, as we know he''s very good at this level, wouldn''t be surprised to see Forest sneak the playoffs.  

I''d like the fans to sing.

Greatest hope for this season?Winning the title.Biggest fear?Relegation.Most important player?Whoever our new big forward turns out to be. If there is one. Otherwise, probably Wes Hoolahan.Terrace Favourite?At the moment probably Darel Russell.Keep an eye out for?Oh blimey. Er, Omar Koroma. But that''s only because I can''t think of anyone else...Player so useless you''d quite happily drive him to his next club?Thankfully most of them have disappeared, but I''d like to bundle Jamie Cureton and Mark Fotheringham in the back of a car and take them to King''s Lynn. Even though I can''t drive.Have you got the right manager?Yes, he kept us up from a seemingly-impossible position in November, though our form since February has been almost as bad as when Peter Grant was in charge...

Which team do you most want to beat this season?Ipswich. Obviously.Opposition player you despise?Anyone wearing blue and white. And any Derby player who still happens to be at the club after their antics when they beat us at Carrow Road two seasons ago.Opposition player you secretly admire?Ooh... probably Kevin Phillips.If you could change one thing at the club what would it be?The people running the club.You did however miss out the question "Where do you think you will finish?" so I''ll answer that one now - 15th.

We''ve won "Programme of the Year" before now. I''d like to think we can do it again.

Biggest fear?

Too much gristle in the pies.

Most important player?

Our wonderful fans. They really are our twelth man..

Terrace Favourite?

Delia of course! This is "Delia Smith''s Norwich City"

Keep an eye out for?

Peter Cullum. He can''t be trusted. Have you noticed that his eyes are too close together?

None of our players are useless, but obviously Matty Pattison would need a lift.

I''m not sure really. Mr Roeder seems, how shall I put it? A little bit working class.

It isn''t the winning that''s important, it''s the taking part.

Robert Earnshaw. Judas.

Robert Earnshaw. That transfer fee has kept us going.

Can we have those lovely yellow shorts back, please?

Greatest Hope - Pushing up from mid table as the words "play offs" flutter around the Norwich faithful :)

Biggest Fear - A relegation battle if we don''t get our strikers in order

Most important player - I have a feeling we have seen the start of something special, stick my neck out and say Lupoli will be key this season

Terrace Favourite - Russell

Keep an eye out for - Koroma :)

Useless player driving to his next club - Sorry Lappin, but you don''t do much for us

Right Manager - Yes :)

Most want to beat - Wolves, so many times we struggled against them now!

Opposition player you despise - Danny Haynes, little bugger...

Opposition player you admire - Kevin Philips, always through he was a true professional who actually is willing to play in tier 2, when he is probably capable of being in the Prem

Change one thing at the club - It would be to have Peter Cullum instead of Delia BUT he would be willing to invest a hell of a lot more than he did before and would continue to invest as years go by - what a dream!