Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Submarine

Norwich Supporters abroad!

Why is when ever you go on holiday you always see someone wearing a Norwich shirt?!

I''ve done my small bit for the cause and sent a Norwich away shirt to my cousin in Malta.

Has anyone done likewise? 

I didn''t see any in Poland :( bar mine. Got some good banter with some geordies as they had filled the bar. It was me and my dad in one corner, the Geordies around the tv watching sport and two guys that looked like Mafia Dons in the other corner. Was very loud in there.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]I sent an old shirt of mine to canarytom who lives in  Azerbaijan. I believe it is the only one in the country
[/quote]

Afraid not Mate, i left Azerbaijan (Thank god)In April and left to of my old shirts with some Nationals who worked for me, If i am not mistaken Dave Stringers son lives in Azerbaijan too, I havent seen any other shirts in Dubai as yet either.

Macca

I got three shirts over here in Tennessee where i live now ;)

Even got some of the hill billys looking for our scores on the net lmao

(just a shame they cant drive for toffees)

Hi bloodwagon - how is the south? Just moved to Colorado and missing seeing the city play live! I am wearing my black away shirt with pride at any given opportunity.

I have been an NCFC supporter for 35 years.  I have worn my green and yellow with pride while in high school in Regina, Sask., and since then in Houston, TX.  I contributed an NCFC "Milk Cup Champs" to a bar on Richmond Ave that attracts English people.  I have my classroom set up with a montage to Norwich (the city, not the team), but it includes last season''s Pinkun offerings of "City ''til I die" and whatever the other one says.  THOSE, attract attention from my soccer loving students, most of whom are first generation Mexicans or Central Americans, and we chat about our teams throughout the year. 

When it is cold enough, I wear my NCFC scarf to work, which draws attention from students I don''t know but are obviously familiar with soccer regalia.

At present, soccer is dominated by the more affluent (mostly white) schools in Houston, but my school (50% hispanic, and most of the rest are black), considered poor, made the playoffs the last 2 seasons.  We had never been anything more than an easy game for the opposition until 2 or 3 years ago. 

US soccer is on the rise, and it is not just from immigration, but my kids are contributing!

Slightly different subject ........saw an Ipswich shirt being worn in Thailand and got ready to point out the errors of their ways - only to realise it was a Thai local who was a toilet attendant - sumed it all up really.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]I sent an old shirt of mine to canarytom who lives in  Azerbaijan. I believe it is the only one in the country
[/quote]

I visit Azerbaijan regularly with work, so that''ll be two norwich shirts then.

[quote user="NCFC - Heathrow"]

[/quote]

I visit Azerbaijan regularly with work, so that''ll be two norwich shirts then.

[/quote]

oops, should read all the replies in future........i guess it is fair to say there is a disproportionately high number of Norwich fans in Azerbaijan.

I have worn mine at the Kaa''ba (Holiest place on earth for Muslims) in Makkah (Mecca) and in Turkey, Eqypt and Italy

bumpede into a guy in hong kong the other week , and it wasn''t David . Colorado canary , whereabouts in the state are you as I have family there .

My grandson Matthew has a Norwich shirt in Northbridge, NSW Australia. I wore one to a Perth Glory game and was complimented on it being a smart shirt! The local footy shirt stockist has all the Premier League shirts for sale on Hay Strret in Perth. but no Chamionship ones... something for Andy Cullen''s replacement to think about.

[quote user="Colorado Canary"]Hi bloodwagon - how is the south? Just moved to Colorado and missing seeing the city play live! I am wearing my black away shirt with pride at any given opportunity.[/quote]

hi Colorado Souths bloody hot in, 100 most days, but winters commin lol. Was over in UK last Feb took in a game, took me wife as shes from Tennessee, she loved it.

Apart from that i wear one of me city shirts every time we are playing, Just to give me hope.

I used to listern on the net to radio Norfolk but now they stopped airing it I have to watch Sky sports and Pinkun for scores (which is a bit of a bummer)

I did sign up to watching soccer on the net but we are never on :(

Apart from that normal services resummed lol

Where are you in Colorado ?

i wear my black away strip with pride in perth wa i havnt seen any other norwich shirts as yet but its sill winter so lots of jumpers on im going to get a yellow one sent out for the summer i think they look good on the t.v