Sign in to follow this  
Kent Canary

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING

Well, I was there, and Ive just got home and also watched the video of Huckerby being brought down. The Sky commentators cant believe it either, he''s clearly brought down, Lauren should have gone. What on earth was Poll, supposedly one of our best referees thinking? This is a good example of fourth officials / tv replays being used to assist such decisions. It should have been a straight Red, but we know that anyway. I feel refs are often biased towards big Premiership teams, but there we go, enough sour grapes!

On to more positve things, I think we can take great heart from our performance today. Would have been nice for us to have had our second goal allowed and maybe finished better up front but our work rate was excellent against arguably the best team on the planet at the moment. Holt has just a little bit more to do for me, Doc had a good game, one idiot booed when Svensson was brought on which angered me as we are all one team and I personally rate Matty. Nice to see WLY starting, Drury again was solid, as well as Charlton getting a few trademark interceptions. Cant fault anyone it was never going to be plain sailing against Arsenal. All in all we held up well, as far as hitting the ground running were not doing too badly at all and WE WILL STAY UP!

On the ball City.

Poll has just been on TV trying to justify his decision. It''s funny how the ''big'' teams always get the decisions going in their favour! The standard of Premiership refs worries me; Sorenson should also have been sent off at Villa today, but the ref made a terrible decision again. Last season, when we had Prem refs officiating at our top-of-the-table matches, they were awful. Fair play to Worthy though, know-what-I-mean, he didn''t make a fuss about it in the TV interviews. The good thing about these things is that it will make the team and fans bond together even more, if that''s possible! OTBC.

I do find it funny though that if certain players make a mistake they get absolutely crucified for it yet others are classed as having a good game and being solid. I refer to Matty Svensson who I am sure at present if he missed a sitter would be absolutely crucified by certain members and yet Drury who was at fault for their second or third goal by trying to control it in his midrift instead of hacking it clear is classed as being solid.

Not that I am saying kent Canary that you would crucify Matty but from reading some posts on here I know that some people would.

Must admit Drury didnt strike me as solid today... he did ok and against anyone other than Henry he would have gotten away with dozing off in the penalty area... suffice to say ALL FOURTEEN on duty showed some good touches in places and wore the shirt with pride. We were beaten by the better team. No need to look for scapegoats. It happens in the premier league.

Nav man, youre right, and thats what annoys me about the fickle state of some fans. Its like now we''re up people expect every player and every ball passed to be superb all at once. Well, its not going to happen, and I for one will stand up for any of the players as its clear they are working hard. Like I said I rate Matty, I rated Rivers even though he ''became'' unpopular and a scapegoat, we cant pick and choose the squad ourselvs so lets respect Worthy''s choice!

Some players may need to up their game a bit but its like any line of work there are different qualities and we all have off days, I havent seen City have a real off day yet this season or last. We worked so hard to get here lets stick behind the team! I see the ''why have we signed Doherty'' threadmeisters have all gone quiet now he''s here and performing, and what happened to the ''Safris going to be a liability'' thread? All wrong, both are doing well.

I hate sitting amongst fans that are criticising the team because it rubs off on other people and the players pick up on atmospheres (Iwan''s book) so Ill always cheer louder. Im not going to get into ''true'' City fans but surely we are on the same side.

Anyway Im rambling on too much but Svensson et al have got my backing 100%.

OTBC!