Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

'IAN' last caller on Canary Call....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

what did he/she/it say Mello?

jas :)

[/quote]

About the ''minority'' supposed fans, those ''horribles'' that give the board and ''Deals no Deals'' unsubstantiated and totally uncalled for, gip. Cullum''s supposed naughty approach ''without substance'' to the Board of NCFC. All fans should sing from the same hymn sheet.....Yadda, Yadda, Yawn..... 

It could have been the Donkster with a voice distortion box preaching.....it was that sickeningly schmaltzy.

Strange that it was the ''last'' caller.....Ian was quite an articulate and well spoken chap.....If I was a conspiracy cynic, I''d have thought it was board member, or someone of that ilk........I don''t think Adams was particularly interested in what ''Ian'' was gibbering on about, just stated to the caller - that everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

He was going well in terms of debating until he used the phrase ''dis Delia''. And he tried to tell a man who''s fortune runs to over a billion how to run a business.

I thought he spoke very well, I have to say that I completely disagree with all his points, but he came across very well and as Mello said, was both calm and articulate.

I felt that Adams didn''t agree with any of his points but just said that fans were both pro and against his pro Delia and the board comments.

Can''t stand canary call. Bumpkins from the deepest depths of the universe call in giving it the biggun where in truth they haven''t been to a game in yonks.....sound familiar smudger?

Adams seems to like sitting on the fence as well which doesn''t really give the debate much depth.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Adams seems to like sitting on the fence as well which doesn''t really give the debate much depth.

[/quote]

thats what gets me.. the cub have given him the shove so why not tell it like it is now.. nothing left to hide.... and it would really ee Roeder off wouldnt it if things went wrong for him and Adams was saying how things really were?

I got a phone call last night saying Adams actually got off the fence and told the guy everyone has there right to be pisssed off with Delia-any truth? Also is this only because he got the boot/ Also told that the caller sounded like he probably worked for the club in some capacity-but i didnt listen so no comment.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

thats what gets me.. the cub have given him the shove so why not tell it like it is now.. nothing left to hide.... and it would really ee Roeder off wouldnt it if things went wrong for him and Adams was saying how things really were?

[/quote]

I assume because ''Hallo Neel'' has to be in the stadium to co-commentate and give his opinion on the game.....If he rocks the Carrow Coracle and puts a few noses out of joint, he''ll have to climb the construction crane near to the ground with a pair of binoculars and a radio link to Goreham.....Remember the ''Veteran'' reporter that covered the Wroxham games ''who told it how it was'', and was subsequently barred from the ground. He resorted to standing on a stepladder in someone''s garden overlooking the pitch to peer over their fence to watch the game.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I assume because ''Hallo Neel'' has to be in the stadium to co-commentate and give his opinion on the game.....If he rocks the Carrow Coracle and puts a few noses out of joint, he''ll have to climb the construction crane near to the ground with a pair of binoculars and a radio link to Goreham.....Remember the ''Veteran'' reporter that covered the Wroxham games ''who told it how it was'', and was subsequently barred from the ground. He resorted to standing on a stepladder in someone''s garden overlooking the pitch to peer over their fence to watch the game.

[/quote]

Yes I remember that Mello , very funny but very true , that did appeal to my sense of humour ....arrdee.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Strange that it was the ''last'' caller.....Ian was quite an articulate and well spoken chap.....[/quote]

That answers your own question then Mello... couldn''t be anyone who posts on here [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Strange that it was the ''last'' caller.....Ian was quite an articulate and well spoken chap.....[/quote]

That answers your own question then Mello... couldn''t be anyone who posts on here [:O]

[/quote]

I''m sure a few lower their ''intellect'' to disguise their ''true self'' - (like making the occasional spelling and punctuation errors, etc).......Just to ''be like us'' but allowing themselves to ''browbeat and belittle'' those who haven''t an idea how to run a football club.....Because these ''articulate and well spoken'' - don''t actually discuss.....football. 

[quote user="AndyJR"]   "They can take away my liberty but not my......well step ladder."[/quote]

That''s the chappie! Top Fellah! I also think the club allowed him back into the ground after all the hullaballoo......

[quote user="AndyJR"]   "They can take away my liberty but not my......well step ladder."[/quote]

Looking at him again, he reminds me of the owner of this shop - a veritable treasure trove it was......

The Scientific Anglian by Trojan_Llama.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]what the hell is a ''scientific consultancy''!?[/quote]

A nutters  paradise.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

Looking at him again, he reminds me of the owner of this shop - a veritable treasure trove it was......

The Scientific Anglian by Trojan_Llama.

[/quote]

I see Magdalen Street has had an upgrade.....

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]what the hell is a ''scientific consultancy''!?[/quote]

A nutters  paradise.

[/quote]Nothing wrong with nutters Ardee, keep the world ticking round.  [:D]

It used to be top end of Dereham road, till it was classed as a fire hazard, which is more the pity, as the chap who owned it was a really nice chap,

and know where every book was in the store.

Shame theres not more like him (god rest him)

Ban lifted on football reporter forced to cover matches from a ladder

by holdthefrontpage staff

Sports reporter Roy Webster is finally back on home ground after a ban which had forced him to cover football matches from the top of a ladder for eight months was lifted.

Roy writes match reports on Ridgeons League Premier Division side Wroxham Football Club for the Evening News in Norwich and the Pink ''Un.

He had been banned from the club''s Trafford Park ground after upsetting the club with the tone of his match reports.

But following a meeting between Roy (pictured) and club officials this week, the ban has now been lifted.

Roy, (72), said: "I think the decision by Wroxham to lift the ban is a triumph for common sense and for the freedom of the press.

"I''m delighted to be back in the ground again amongst my friends and the other fans."

For the past eight months Roy, who has reported on the club''s matches since 1976, has covered Wroxham''s matches from the top of scaffolding in a friend''s garden next to the club''s ground.

Following the start of the ban the Evening News highlighted the reporter''s plight in its news pages every day — and vowed to continue to do so until he was readmitted into the ground.

Now Roy plans to dismantle his makeshift scaffolding structure.

He said: "I have been lucky in that it was a mild winter and I didn''t have to suffer the Siberian winds for more than a couple of days.

"I had a pair of sexy long johns that my kids bought me and they kept me warm. I won''t miss being stuck up there — I''m looking forward to enjoying the banter inside the ground again."

Kenny Cooke, a trustee of Wroxham Football Club, said: "After an amicable meeting with both parties it has been agreed that the ban be lifted on Roy Webster immediately.

"It goes without saying that the fans and club members will give Roy a warm welcome upon his return.

"We decided it had gone on long enough and we welcome him back."

Evening News assistant editor Amanda Patterson said: "We are delighted Wroxham have finally seen sense and let Roy back in to report on the sport he loves.

"We were determined to uphold the principle of freedom of the press."