Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

reading 08 - yesterdays highlights

Anyone else see the NCFC flag being flown proudly at the front of the crowd? It invaded a lot of the TV coverage yesterday, maybe Delia was at the other end of the stick!

I did indeed. Pointed it out to my girlfriend.

I happened to be wearing a city shirt at V, although I haven''t looked through the TV footage yet to see whether I can spot myself.

HELLO GUYS........

it was me and my mate shaun, we took it straight to the front for Bloc Party, and then however some idiot broke our pole :-(

it was such and atmosphere and so so many people came up and sung city songs with us...... we had shirts on too!!!!!!

Lupoli!!!!!!!

I can''t beleive you all saw our flag.. It was a bit of a chore getting it to the front, but was worth it. I will have to wait to see the highlights on the TV tonight.

i was at reading this weekend, just caught the end of bloc party and could have sworn I saw a norwich flag, I quickly pointed this out to the rabble that I was with (we too were wearing norwich tops) only for the flag just to dissappear before the killers lacklustre performance and the rabble then denied they''re even was one!

LOWLIGHT: The Killers

HIGHLIGHT: Cribs / Digitisilism / RATM

Go to the Beebs website they have loads of highlights.Can see your flag a lot during Bloc Party! Not during Metallica though,but then again looking at the crowd, i would not have tried lugging the flag through that mob! Well done guys, hope you had a good time.

Was a great weekend, Bloc Party, Pendulem, Vampire Weekend, The Music and Metallica were awesome!!! highlight was singing city songs under the flag with a group of scummers standing opposite!!! Me and my mate wore our city shirts and ended up being stopped by loads of people, city fans or otherwise.......

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]Was a great weekend, Bloc Party, Pendulem, Vampire Weekend, The Music and Metallica were awesome!!! highlight was singing city songs under the flag with a group of scummers standing opposite!!! Me and my mate wore our city shirts and ended up being stopped by loads of people, city fans or otherwise.......[/quote]

wasn''t it great..... "always s**t on the old blue and white......!!"

awesome, nice to meet you mate....!!!

Hi Yella Forever, do you remember meeting me and my mate outside the NME/Raid One tent on Saturday with our Norwich shirts on, what a great weekend it was, saw the flag during Blco Party''s set, OTBC!

YES MATE!!!   

i remember...... it was good, nice to meet you too...... you all get back safely??

what a great weekend!!! was awesome taking the flag in.... had to be done!!!!

I saw a Norwich fan at V, wearing last years away shirt. Unfortunately for him, he was shown on live TV on someones shoulders singing along to....wait for it....Scouting for Girls.

To add, he must have been at least 50.

Yes mate, I live quite local in Oxford so wasn''t too far getting back, apart from Reading train staiton this morning which was an absoloute joke! Did you get home ok?Festival was amazing, well done for bringing the Norwich flag, was one of the highlights, hope to see you at Reading 09!

Hi Berkshire Canary, I remember asking you what your username on here was at Reading. Great that you guys joined in with me and James under our flag. I still have a sore throat from the amount of times we sang on the ball city. Oh yeah and the reason the flag was only there through Bloc Party is cos some fascist with a bigger flag snapped our pole with his, right before the Killers. Good to meet you all there under our flag. Nice one!

Was great to meet you guys too and have a bit of a sing (think we may have been a bit better than a couple of the acts which were on over the weekend!!!), was a shame that the flag was rendered out of action, must have been a binner who was responsible for that one!! Was amazed how many city fans were there, I make a point of wearing colours for at least one day and whilst you usually get chatting to a fair few people this year was mad!!! Am already looking forward to Reading 2009, limited number of tickets on sale as of today, just weighing up whether I can afford one!!! [:D]