Sign in to follow this  
Pudd

someone else's promise

Does anyone else find roeder''s "an other manager hasn''t kept a promise to the player" a bit weak.

I mean it''s not the other managers responsbility to make sure we get a goalscorer. Iyou need a player, you make the other team an offer that they will accept. If we fail to score, it''s Roeder''s problem, not the guy in Norway''s...

Either convince them to sell based on the value of your offer, or admit you couldn''t pursuade and move on. And don''t wait until the season has started and we''re under pressure to start scoring goals yesterday.

As I said on another thread, this is football, not Dave from the pub. ''Promises'' mean sod all in football, or the vast majority of other business.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Don''t worry, there''ll be no buys of any sort before the window closes.[/quote]

They will buy someone - but it will  be the usual ''one for the future'' probably, from the lower league. 

I agree, and I''m a proud board apologist, but Roeder is looking a bit green here.  He should know better....  I guess his "contacts" in the Prem didn''t mean squat to Rosenborg.