Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dale

Go easy on Curo

I know he has been a bit frustrating but its not going to do anyone any good to start getting on his back.No one really has yet.But I think its coming.We have to remember he doesnt miss on purpose. 

I have to agree with you. He wont find any scoring form if people start to jump on his back, and at the moment we need our strikers to find their feet!

However, there''s only a limited amount of time he can have to keep missing chances......needs to start sticking them away soon.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]I know he has been a bit frustrating but its not going to do anyone any good to start getting on his back.No one really has yet.But I think its coming.We have to remember he doesnt miss on purpose. [/quote]

Oh for goodness sake. He couldn''t hit a barn door and is utterly useless. Misses chance after chance and now can''t even hit the target from 12 yards when given a free shot. How long have we got to continue playing with 10 men because he''s facking crap.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

I have to agree with you. He wont find any scoring form if people start to jump on his back, and at the moment we need our strikers to find their feet!

However, there''s only a limited amount of time he can have to keep missing chances......needs to start sticking them away soon.

[/quote]

I agree about the time factor.I still think by the end of the season he will have scored between 15-20 goals.

I feel sorry for the guy, I think it was a mistake to come back to Norwich. He wants to prove himself so bad he has made a rod for his own back. If he left for a league one side I think his natural scoring ability would return. Until then he would be best used coming on from the bench.

He''s been missing far to many chances since he''s been back here, he''s had plenty of time and I''m afraid he''s not good enough. I would imagine Roeder will drop him next week, in fact I was very surprised that Roeder didn''t try and offload him in the summer. He probably would have done if he hadn''t already needed to get so many new players in.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]I know he has been a bit frustrating but its not going to do anyone any good to start getting on his back.No one really has yet.But I think its coming.We have to remember he doesnt miss on purpose. [/quote]

If I was shit at my job I would expect to get the sack regardless of the fact that I wasn''t being deliberately shit.

Scoring goals is Curetons job, I don''t see why there should be any difference.[:(]

problem is he signed a 3year contract last year, we can''t just throw that kind of money away ending his contract. Roederis stuck with him.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Oh for goodness sake. He couldn''t hit a barn door and is utterly useless. Misses chance after chance and now can''t even hit the target from 12 yards when given a free shot. How long have we got to continue playing with 10 men because he''s facking crap.

[/quote]

I unerstand you are frustrated but he is not utterly useless.He is however one of those strikers who can miss tap ins but then score more differcult chances therefore he is inconsistant.If you want a striker who scores most of the chances he gets (earnshaw,philips etc)they cost money.Money the board dont seem to want to pay.

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

I unerstand you are frustrated but he is not utterly useless.He is however one of those strikers who can miss tap ins but then score more differcult chances therefore he is inconsistant.If you want a striker who scores most of the chances he gets (earnshaw,philips etc)they cost money.Money the board dont seem to want to pay.

[/quote]

But that doesn''t excuse the fact that he is crap. Even I can hit a target 24 feet wide by 8 feet tall from 12 yards. I  don''t get paid thousands a week to do it either.

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But that doesn''t excuse the fact that he is crap. Even I can hit a target 24 feet wide by 8 feet tall from 12 yards. I  don''t get paid thousands a week to do it either.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So could I.....I think ( if there was no one in gol to put me off ) BRISTOL ROVERS 6 HEREFORD 1.........Up the Gas !

[quote user="kdncfc"]He''s been missing far to many chances since he''s been back here, he''s had plenty of time and I''m afraid he''s not good enough. I would imagine Roeder will drop him next week, in fact I was very surprised that Roeder didn''t try and offload him in the summer. He probably would have done if he hadn''t already needed to get so many new players in.[/quote]

He scored 14 goals in 45 games last season in very poor team.Thats a good return for how much we paid for him.If you want 25-30 goals thats going to cost around 3.5 - 4 million which doesnt look likely does it.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont talk like a c**t.Why are you not playing football for a living then?Get back on the phone to canary call.

You may not like him Crafty Canary and think he''s crap but he''s a norwich player and you should get behind him. Booing or getting on his back will only worsen the situation. As a previous poster stated, the likes of Earnie or Phillips, i.e natural scorers cost money which the board refuse to spend. Jamie is clearly short of confidence ansd is struggling for form but its not for a lack of effort.

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

I agree about the time factor.I still think by the end of the season he will have scored between 15-20 goals.

[/quote]

I''ll bet you £10 for charity that he doesn''t score 15 or more goals in all competitions

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]He''s been missing far to many chances since he''s been back here, he''s had plenty of time and I''m afraid he''s not good enough. I would imagine Roeder will drop him next week, in fact I was very surprised that Roeder didn''t try and offload him in the summer. He probably would have done if he hadn''t already needed to get so many new players in.[/quote]

He scored 14 goals in 45 games last season in very poor team.Thats a good return for how much we paid for him.If you want 25-30 goals thats going to cost around 3.5 - 4 million which doesnt look likely does it.

[/quote]

Yes, 2 against Southampton, 2 against Barnet in the Carling Cup and 3 against Colchester. So in the other 42 games he scored 7. As I say he''s crap!

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont talk like a c**t.Why are you not playing football for a living then?Get back on the phone to canary call.

[/quote]

I''m not playing football for a living because I''m not good enough too. Neither is Cureton so why does he masquerade in a City shirt each game?

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

Yes, 2 against Southampton, 2 against Barnet in the Carling Cup and 3 against Colchester. So in the other 42 games he scored 7. As I say he''s crap!

[/quote]

Exactly, if you take away the brace against Barnet and his hat-trick against Colchester his record was very poor. But that''s what you''d expect from a striker who isn''t up to this level of football.

If we''re "stuck with him" then we should support him to get the best from him. I believe this is how we''ll get the best from him anyhow. I thought his general play was good against Blackpool. He''s been stuck for that long on 199 goals I think its jinxed him. I have a feeling he''s got a special "200 goals vest" which he''s been wearing every game and it''s a bad luck omen for him!I really think he need''s our support at Birmingham next week and that he will repay us. Eventually.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, if you take away the brace against Barnet and his hat-trick against Colchester his record was very poor. But that''s what you''d expect from a striker who isn''t up to this level of football.

[/quote]

All the scoring records for any striker include penalties , lesser teams etc.Look, I know he is not brillant but the team he was playing in last year was totally hopeless.The point is there is no point making a villain out of him and taking all the rest of the teams failngs out on him.

Hoolahoop - [quote]He wont find any scoring form if people start to jump on his back[/quote]

He''ll be totally f***ed when Doherty gets back in training then.  [;)]

No, he needs to buck up his ideas in front of goal because he is making my life misery with his pathetic efforts. Hopefully Lupoli will be the permanent feature up front for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All the scoring records for any striker include penalties , lesser teams etc.Look, I know he is not brillant but the team he was playing in last year was totally hopeless.The point is there is no point making a villain out of him and taking all the rest of the teams failngs out on him.

[/quote]

But the rest of the team are doing their part well. He is putting too much pressure on the rest of the team with his misses.

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, lets look at it a different way, how many different league games did he score in?

What''s better; scoring 10 goals in 1 game and winning 10-0 or scoring 1 goal in 10 games and winning each 1-0?

He''s not a villain, he''s just not good enough.

[quote user="GJP"]

What''s better; scoring 10 goals in 1 game and winning 10-0 or scoring 1 goal in 10 games and winning each 1-0?

[/quote]

*or scoring 1 goal in each of 10 games and winning each 1-0?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, lets look at it a different way, how many different league games did he score in?

[/quote]

But who are we going to get who is any better?

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But who are we going to get who is any better?

[/quote]

Well I don''t know how much money is available and who Glenn wants to sign.

But if we''re stuck with Cureton then we''ll be struggling near the drop zone again.