Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

Difference between grant and roeder????

P   W  D  L    %

Peter Grant13 October, 20069 October, 20074717111936.2
Jim Duffy[iii]9 October, 200730 October, 2007300300.0
Glenn Roeder30 October, 2007present341391238.2

A difference of 2% more win ratio for roeder, i think its funny how many hated grant but love glenn so much

how do you know we would of gone down under grant? yes we were in trouble but you cant prove this!

their win ratio are the same, and on current form roeder is going to be worse than grant in 3 or 4 games time if he gets no win

And who had us on 8 points in October, oh yes Peter Grant. Who saved us from relegation, oh yes, Glenn Roeder.

[quote user="billy bunter"]

how do you know we would of gone down under grant? yes we were in trouble but you cant prove this!

their win ratio are the same, and on current form roeder is going to be worse than grant in 3 or 4 games time if he gets no win

[/quote]this post proves that you should not be listened to!!Remember loftus road last season? Idiot

Considering this is 13 games too early to be posting such things, and considering Peter Grant did''nt have to haul us out of a pit of doom like Glenn has had to do, this post really isn''t going to change people''s minds when I say, Glenn deserves our full backing for the time being.

Stupid post! Ignore this negativity and get behind our new side....

I think its fair to say it will take more than 4 games to get a new side playing together whereas Grant had more than long enough to turn things around....

i agree  grant was totally out of his depth and what roeder did we  should be grateful for..  but  ?  if we`re on 8 points in november god forbid..  glenn would surely have to resign on principle..seeing as he likes to mention we were on 8 points when he took over at least once a week lol

[quote user="ched seven"]i agree  grant was totally out of his depth and what roeder did we  should be grateful for..  but  ?  if we`re on 8 points in november god forbid..  glenn would surely have to resign on principle..seeing as he likes to mention we were on 8 points when he took over at least once a week lol[/quote]we will have more than 8 points in november... trust me [Y]

C.T (i am NOT 1st wiz!)"I think its funny how G.R kept us up but how P.G would have got us relagated!!

Oh you''ve gotta laugh havent ya[^o)]

Dion Dublin kept us up....not Roeder.

We had big Dion whilst PG was here. I dont get your point mr. cluck sir.I''m afraid im one of those people who is in SUPPORT of roeder, maybe you should get behind him as wellOh thats right you dont attend games [N]

Dion was an inspired signing and saved Roeder''s bacon for him last season. I don''t like Roeder and feel he will hang himself given enough rope. Dull...dour and bitter with a personal agenda to address and his job is more about proving his doubters wrong than seeing this club successful.

If you enjoy this current bilge then good for you...but some of us have seen far better to bother going right now.

Exactly. But dare you insult the mighty Roeder and praise the vile Grant. But don''t worry people, let''s not let the small matter of facts get in the way...

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Dion was an inspired signing and saved Roeder''s bacon for him last season. I don''t like Roeder and feel he will hang himself given enough rope. Dull...dour and bitter with a personal agenda to address and his job is more about proving his doubters wrong than seeing this club successful.

If you enjoy this current bilge then good for you...but some of us have seen far better to bother going right now.

[/quote]but then again isnt it deliars fault that we havent got v. good players? i know you love a good old deliar bash[;)]

Dion Dublin kept us up....not Roeder.

[/quote]

So did Dion Dublin sign Ryan Bertrand and Ched Evans on loan?

Did Dion Dublin consign the rubbish that Grant signed to the dustbin, never to play for Norwich again?

Did Dion Dublin decide we were going to play with three midfielders and one winger last season?

Did Dion Dublin decide to sub himself off at Scunthorpe and get Cureton on instead?

I hope you would have answered “No” to these questions as I understood the answer was Glenn Roeder.

I didn’t think I’d see a more ridiculous post on this message board after I read the suggestion that Russell should have played at left back against Coventry.

But now I have. Well done.

Not sure why so many try to make out GR was our saviour, we were in trouble when he took over I agree but at the end of the day, a single scrappy home win towards the end saved us from relegation! it was that tight and it was our lowest league position since about 1759 for Christ''s sake!I would have expected any manager coming in, in Oct to have saved us from relegation, hopefully by more than 3 points!Grant was abysmal, GR still hasn''t proved he is any better.Why can''t we pick a manager with a normal, likeable personality? - Walker/StringerKen Brown for example.we had success under all 3.In recent years, picking managers who are considered total @rseholes by the media/fans/players/ex-players/gen public etc obviously  works against us.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]
Not sure why so many try to make out GR was our saviour, we were in trouble when he took over I agree but at the end of the day, a single scrappy home win towards the end saved us from relegation! it was that tight and it was our lowest league position since about 1759 for Christ''s sake!
I would have expected any manager coming in, in Oct to have saved us from relegation, hopefully by more than 3 points!

Grant was abysmal, GR still hasn''t proved he is any better.

Why can''t we pick a manager with a normal, likeable personality? - Walker/StringerKen Brown for example.we had success under all 3.

In recent years, picking managers who are considered total @rseholes by the media/fans/players/ex-players/gen public etc obviously  works against us.
[/quote]

It seems too many City fans are happy with what they are given....and I''m afraid Roeder fits nicely into the Smith style of things. He is too dour to produce a flair team and will fall on his sword having alienated the players and fans in the fullness of time.

He''s failed elsewhere with money to spend....so what hope at Carrow Road? None at all  I''m afraid.

Ah - statistics copied and pasted from Wikipedia in the hope that people are ignorant enough of numbers to assume a point is proven.

However I like maths, and decided to crunch the numbers on this tiny 2% difference between Glenn and Grant.

Peter Grant''s form averaged over a league season would net Norwich 60.7 points which last season would have positioned Norwich 14th in the table. (Of course Grant''s actual form during last season was never going to net us anywhere close to this many points).

Glenn Roeder''s form over a season would have earned 68.9 points and would have positioned Norwich in 8th or 9th place depending on goal difference.

Of course one could also examine the other variables that seem to have been left out of your thorough statistical analysis, such as the state of the squad inherited.

In conclusion I would still much rather finish 9th than 14th, so Roeder is clearly the better option over Grant.

Andy

Yes well as everything knows you can prove everything with stats.  The reality is though we are completely different side now than we were under Grant.  Under grant it was just lump it forward we were playing some of the most appauling football.  Now it''s beautiful one touch passing the only problem has been a failure to score, but as this team gets to know each other we will score goals and win games easily.  As for your stats well remember Grant started quite well, so they are a little blury and Roeder couldn''t have been expected to easily win games in the position we were in.

I wish people would stop using the got to gel excuse , if you are going to loan half a team every season your always going to be gelling , maybe they will all gel around April  just in time to go back to their owners.

I wish people would stop going on about how Roeder is no better than Grant... but hey, some eople on here don''t even attend games and say things to start a debate for the sake of it

Norwich City''s managers in the modern era (1992 onwards, excluding caretakers - ranked by my personal opinion):1. Mike Walker (I)2. Martin O''Neill3. Nigel Worthington=4. Bruce Rioch=4. Glenn Roeder6. Mike Walker (II)7. John Deehan8. Gary Megson9. Peter Grant10. Bryan HamiltonMost of Grant''s points were gained by a squad still receiving parachute payments, including players like Huckerby, Earnshaw, Etuhu, Safri and Dublin, and which flirted with the drop, but was never in serious danger - after which a number of wins were accrued with us floating along to a mid-table finish. As soon as he had his own preseason and brought in many more of his own players, we were sunk.Roeder inherited a team in our worst position since the 1950s, which was absolutely dead and gone. There was almost no previous precedent for a club in such a dire predicament to survive in this league - the only one I could find, indeed, were Crewe Alexandra''s 1998/9 side. Yet survive we did, after grinding out result after result and extracting the absolute maximum from a desperately poor squad. To even compare the two managers is laughable - and while I''ve always been a sceptic regarding Roeder, and doubt he can lead us to real success, for me, that''d apply to almost any manager in the current regime. At the very least, for the job he did last season, he deserves our backing: if it wasn''t for him, we''d be in League One. No question about it.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]
Not sure why so many try to make out GR was our saviour, we were in trouble when he took over I agree but at the end of the day, a single scrappy home win towards the end saved us from relegation! it was that tight and it was our lowest league position since about 1759 for Christ''s sake!
I would have expected any manager coming in, in Oct to have saved us from relegation, hopefully by more than 3 points!

Grant was abysmal, GR still hasn''t proved he is any better.

Why can''t we pick a manager with a normal, likeable personality? - Walker/StringerKen Brown for example.we had success under all 3.

In recent years, picking managers who are considered total @rseholes by the media/fans/players/ex-players/gen public etc obviously  works against us.
[/quote]

It seems too many City fans are happy with what they are given....and I''m afraid Roeder fits nicely into the Smith style of things. He is too dour to produce a flair team and will fall on his sword having alienated the players and fans in the fullness of time.

He''s failed elsewhere with money to spend....so what hope at Carrow Road? None at all  I''m afraid.

[/quote]

So who would you prefer?

For someone so good at pointing out problems, you''re not very good at coming up with potential solutions.

Or are you only happy if you''re moaning?

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"]Norwich City''s managers in the modern era (1992 onwards, excluding caretakers - ranked by my personal opinion):1. Mike Walker (I)2. Martin O''Neill3. Nigel Worthington=4. Bruce Rioch=4. Glenn Roeder6. Mike Walker (II)7. John Deehan8. Gary Megson9. Peter Grant10. Bryan HamiltonMost of Grant''s points were gained by a squad still receiving parachute payments, including players like Huckerby, Earnshaw, Etuhu, Safri and Dublin, and which flirted with the drop, but was never in serious danger - after which a number of wins were accrued with us floating along to a mid-table finish. As soon as he had his own preseason and brought in many more of his own players, we were sunk.Roeder inherited a team in our worst position since the 1950s, which was absolutely dead and gone. There was almost no previous precedent for a club in such a dire predicament to survive in this league - the only one I could find, indeed, were Crewe Alexandra''s 1998/9 side. Yet survive we did, after grinding out result after result and extracting the absolute maximum from a desperately poor squad. To even compare the two managers is laughable - and while I''ve always been a sceptic regarding Roeder, and doubt he can lead us to real success, for me, that''d apply to almost any manager in the current regime. At the very least, for the job he did last season, he deserves our backing: if it wasn''t for him, we''d be in League One. No question about it.[/quote]I am not trying to upset here but how can you have Martin O''Neill up there? I mean yes he went on to prove himself as a good manager but he hardly proved himself here did he - he wasn''t here long enough in my opinion.My Top 4:1. Nigel Worthington2. Mike Walker 3. Bruce Rioch4. Glenn RoederI was going to have a top 5 but seriously lacking for managers of note to wack in there.People may question Worthington above Walker but I think Worthingtons first three to four seasons faced more challenges than Walkers team that finnished third.I have to say that I always liked Rioch and again he achieved a lot without ever really getting the financial support needed to back his ability as a manager.Glenn has a way to go yet but I think with time he will prove to be good.

i didnt say i dont prefer glenn over grant at all, i just put it up for debate. theres two % in there win ratio! i was just saying glenn is worshipped and grant is slagged off so much!

Grant was the worst manager that NCFC have had in my twenty years as a fan. Totally, hopelessly out of his depth. Roeder did a good job last season and looks to have assembled a decent squad, minus a target man. At the moment there''s no comparison, 2% or no 2%.