Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

for those who doubty crofty, lets be avin' ya

The following is taken from the media (well archant but thats close enough). I had to laugh coz many on here knocked crofty, but once again he''s shown he''s an important player at Norwich City. so ner [:P]"Croft, a half-time replacement for off-colour summer signing Wes

Hoolahan, had a hand in both goals scored by fellow substitute Arturo

Lupoli as the Canaries fought back to earn a 2-2 draw in the

Championship match against Cardiff City at Ninian Park."“You always have to remain optimistic in games,” said Croft. “You never

think that it''s over until the final whistle and we know we''ve got

players like Loops and creative players who can score and make goals.

We haven''t been doing that recently but luckily in the last 15 minutes

it''s come good today.”Lupoli''s first goal, after 76 minutes,

came when he diverted a shot from Croft past ''keeper Tom Heaton, then

the Italian scored again five minutes later with a diving header from

the winger''s cross.“It was a great header. I just put the ball

in the danger area and I think it was a bit behind him but Loops did

brilliantly. He scores goals like that in training, brilliant goals,

all week long and I''m glad he''s off the mark and I''m sure there will be

plenty more,” said Croft.ok so I''m a huge fan of young mr croft but he''s finally given me a reason to post that some people on here aren''t right all the time [8-|]

I too am a fan of Crofty but I have to say that Saturday was one of the rare times when Crofty has had an assist. There is not enough end product from him in terms of goals and assists. When he displaced Hucks last year in Jan/Feb he played well but never scored and I can''t remember an assist. Then when Hucks got back in he scored a couple of goals and laid on a few goals as well - Hucks not at the top of his game still contributed more than Crofty.

This is a big year for Croft and he needs to step up to the plate. He is probably the only out and out winger we have and certainly one of the few we have he can run at players. We need to see more of this and we certainly need him to be contributing 6-8 goals this season.

i like Crofty to be fair.. but unfortuantely we can''t keep playing a player who runs up and down the touchline every week with no end product.. 1 assist on saturday but can anyone remmeber the last time he contributed anything to the first team?

jas :)

Sounds like he had a good game, now lets see it consistently. One game doesnt make a season (Although I really hope he does come good as he has some very good qualities, just doesnt show them enough)

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]he''s got to do it consistently, no use him starting on saturday and wasting every chance he gets to put in a cross or chance in front of goal[/quote]

Hmmmm I am sure he would do it more consistently if he was played more consistently and in his right position.  No use bringing him on with half hour to go and then not playing him in his true position.

Crofty clearly changes the game, he''s not scared to have a go and yes he makes mistakes sometimes, but name me one player in our squad who hasn''t at one time or another.

Our first goal came from his assist[:D]

Totally missing the target yet again!

Someone should tell him he has to hit the corner flags when he shoots, he might then get them closer to the goal

Other than that his shirts a nice colour

He''s a talented player and along as he keeps playing regularly and alongside other good players then he''''ll only get better.

If he became more consistent, perhaps we could call him doughty doubty Crofty.Mind you, unless he lost a bit of weight it should probably be doughy doughty doubty Crofty.

[quote user="National express super guard "]The following is taken from the media (well archant but thats close enough). I had to laugh coz many on here knocked crofty, but once again he''s shown he''s an important player at Norwich City. so ner [:P][/quote]Once again?Once, more like it.  For the first time since I''ve been watching him, he actually had some end product for the second goal.The first goal was a mishit shot which fell into Lupoli''s path - hardly intentional.

Croft could always do something, but he nevers had an end product. Hopefully the assist on Saturday for the second goal is us seeing a new Croft. He is a headless chicken if I have got to be honest, and I still need to be convinced of his ability as a winger who will actually create chances for us.

I have criticised Croft for some time now. I was wrong on Saturday and hope that this continues to be the case.

Mind you, unless he lost a bit of weight it should probably be doughy  -  ron obvious

He has chubby cheeks.  That does not make him overweight, it makes him look like a squirrel. Why commenters keep belaboring the lie that Croft is overweight is beyond me.  Look at his body, not his cheeks if you want to determine if he has a weight issue. That would be the obvious thing to do, ron.