Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

IT'S A SHAME DOC IS INJURED

Because he would play up front as a decent target man in this league.

I wonder if he will come back to that position if we fail to sign someone.

I would certainly prefer him up front to some of the players being touted, he would sertainly lend strength.

I''m looking forward to Doc''s return and I wonder if Roeder realises he has a ''get out of jail free card'' in Doc?

Agreed, we have a ready made solution in Doc. He''ll get you 20 goals a season if he stays fit. I think had Doc been in the team we would have seen three wins.

He also has a "sweet" (or should that be sweaty?) right foot and is awesome (awful?) in the air. All Glenn''s problems will be solved when the big man takes to the field again.

If the defence try and hold onto him we could get to see some first class wrestling at the same time too!

I was making a serious point Blah.

Worthy brought Doc in as a striker in the Prem and that was a mistake although he can do a job there and has often been put up front when we need are trying to save a game.

Doc may not score many but he would be a foil for Arturo or Curo and can get his head to the high ball.

Big strikers with exquisite skill are like hens teeth and sometimes a battering ram is what you need.

Rusty (who should be in Fozzy''s place in midfield) currently plays up front to add physicality and the ability to hold up the ball.

In addition to all this Doc is vastly underrated. He has defended well with a poor midfield in front of him for three seasons, been our player of the year, is a good pro and can pass the ball well. I really don''t get all this anti-Doc nonsense. He is twice the player Shackell (1.5 million) is. I''m not claiming he is worth serious money but he is a good player in this division and in the absence of a big man up front does anyone have a better suggestion as opposed to satire?

The "Big One" we have been waiting for....

Docherty hatrick against Brum on Saturday...I can see the Sunday headlines now...

"Gary Glitters"....

[quote]I''m not claiming he is worth serious money but he is a good player in this division and in the absence of a big man up front does anyone have a better suggestion as opposed to satire?[/quote]

If the worst happens and we can''t even bring a loan big-man in, I think Russell would have to get the nod over Doherty.  Russell isn''t currently first choice in midfield, but has been able to find the net.   Russell can and will run all day for the team in any position, Doherty doesn''t have to put in as many miles in a defensive role. Russell is currently match fit, Doherty would need 4 or 5 games to get his fitness up.  Also, in central defence, I''d imagine that a fully fit Doherty would get the nod over Kennedy.  I agree that Doherty is a decent defender for this level, although I must admit that I haven''t seen Kennedy play.

Kennedy looks a better prospect in defence than Doc.

Some people on here need to get their hears out of the clouds and  learn to look at where we are and what we''ve got.

Support the players who have decided to come here and play for us and get the best out of them. It is a team game.

And as for Tiny''s comments (I hope he gets a good reception because he really lifted us when he came here) we also have strength in depth...we are just one quality striker of a type short and it is the Board''s willingness to ruin the jigsaw for the sake of one piece which currently galls me.

I''d agree that speculating on the likely course of events is probably a better use of time than demanding money with menaces or throwing toys out of the pram.  I''d imagine that if push came to shove on 31st August or whenever the deadline is, GR would bring a loan signing in from a Premiership club.  Evans did a decent job for us after all, and with his Arsenal background, maybe there is something in this Stokes rumour ?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I was making a serious point Blah.

Worthy brought Doc in as a striker in the Prem and that was a mistake although he can do a job there and has often been put up front when we need are trying to save a game.

Doc may not score many but he would be a foil for Arturo or Curo and can get his head to the high ball.

Big strikers with exquisite skill are like hens teeth and sometimes a battering ram is what you need.

Rusty (who should be in Fozzy''s place in midfield) currently plays up front to add physicality and the ability to hold up the ball.

In addition to all this Doc is vastly underrated. He has defended well with a poor midfield in front of him for three seasons, been our player of the year, is a good pro and can pass the ball well. I really don''t get all this anti-Doc nonsense. He is twice the player Shackell (1.5 million) is. I''m not claiming he is worth serious money but he is a good player in this division and in the absence of a big man up front does anyone have a better suggestion as opposed to satire?

[/quote]

Joking are''nt you! I assume you''ve missed the countless times he gives away freekicks by dragging players back and pulling their shirts?

If he is twice the player of Shacks then why the hell did no offers of any note come in for him when he was huffing and puffing about signing a new contract? Wolves have bid £1M for Shacks. No-one has bid anything like that (or is likely to) for The Doc. End of story. 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

If he is twice the player of Shacks then why the hell did no offers of any note come in for him when he was huffing and puffing about signing a new contract? Wolves have bid £1M for Shacks. No-one has bid anything like that (or is likely to) for The Doc. End of story. 

[/quote]

Maybe because he was out of contract so any offers would have been made to the player[:^)]

No doubt he had offers and Roeder''s was one of them. I should imagine  Roeder was extremely pleased he signed because if he hadn''t wanted him he wouldn''t have made him an offer.

canarytom wrote

No it isn''t!

What a dumb comment!

And in addition...

Shacks is unable to pass the ball whereas Doc has a particularly good long pass.

As for Doc Oc the defender, yes, he did have this fault but Roeder has improved that aspect of his game and back to original point: at this moment in time Doc could be doung a good job up front for us and may yet have a role to play there.

Some of you lack the ability to think outside the box, be careful, this is a bedfellow of small mindedness.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]canarytom wrote

No it isn''t!

What a dumb comment!

And in addition...

Shacks is unable to pass the ball whereas Doc has a particularly good long pass.

As for Doc Oc the defender, yes, he did have this fault but Roeder has improved that aspect of his game and back to original point: at this moment in time Doc could be doung a good job up front for us and may yet have a role to play there.

Some of you lack the ability to think outside the box, be careful, this is a bedfellow of small mindedness.

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s a dumb comment! Doherty has got to be the most frustating player to watch! I think you mean to say the Doc occasionaly hoofs it to a player in yellow and green. I suppose if the Doc did play up front he wouldn''t give so many free kicks away out side our 16 yard box!

Lets face facts, there''s as much chance as Ronnie O''sullivan getting a 147 with a piece of rope than there is of Gary Donkerty coming good! 

Couldn''t agree more Yellow Submarine. Think we would have given a few more penalties away too if he had been playing! He doesn''t seem to understand that you are not allowed to pull people''s shirts or bundle them over. Whats more amusing is that he looks stunned when ever he gives away one of his stupid freekicks. It looks like he will never learn. With any luck our new central pairing will do well enough to freeze any chance of him getting back into the team!

[quote user="canarytom"]Couldn''t agree more Yellow Submarine. Think we would have given a few more penalties away too if he had been playing! He doesn''t seem to understand that you are not allowed to pull people''s shirts or bundle them over. Whats more amusing is that he looks stunned when ever he gives away one of his stupid freekicks. It looks like he will never learn. With any luck our new central pairing will do well enough to freeze any chance of him getting back into the team![/quote]

Didn''t we go something like 18 months without giving a pen away until the middle of last season, with a central pairing of (mainly) Doc and Shackell ?  And haven''t we given 2 penalties away so far this season without Doc in the team ?

The Doc is a good defender at this level, in my opinion. And has proven that in his time here.

[quote user="GJP"]The Doc is a good defender at this level, in my opinion. And has proven that in his time here.[/quote]

He''s also proven that no one else would touch him, even on a free transfer!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[quote user="GJP"]The Doc is a good defender at this level, in my opinion. And has proven that in his time here.[/quote]

He''s also proven that no one else would touch him, even on a free transfer!

[/quote]

Has he?

I assume you''re in the transfer loop then.

Well I actually think you''ve got a point, RH. Of course it''s not ideal but, if we end up going with what we''ve got (which will be appalling IMHO) we could do a lot worse in looking for someone to win long clearances and add a bit of muscle to our front line. We''ve got enough ''nippy'' players to get in and around him and whatever he can knock on or bring down. And you''re right, that was Worthy''s original intention for him.  

Okay, i''ll concede that, and i''ll admit that he is an okay squad member, but he does not inspire me as a full time centre back, I think we have far better options than him now and if we are to move forward, I feel we need to do so with out him at the heart of our team!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

Okay, i''ll concede that, and i''ll admit that he is an okay squad member, but he does not inspire me as a full time centre back, I think we have far better options than him now and if we are to move forward, I feel we need to do so with out him at the heart of our team!

[/quote]

I used to say he''s fine for midtable but we''d probably need better if we want to challenge at the top. But actually now I think he''s defended well enough the last couple of seasons to deserve a shot at playing for us if we are more of a top 6 side.

When he comes back to fitness/JK returns to Celtic I''d expect him to partner DS.

Thanks for the sensible comments Blah and Mac.

Slagging off a player is too easy a bandwagon to jump on and is something our Club could do with much less of if it is to move forwards.

The Olympics demonstrated quite clearly the vital mental side of sport and with it''s full houses containing too many season ticket holders not there for the right reasons Norwich has become a pit of tension: result, players don''t perform or pass instead of shoot etc.

These are the same fans who in recent times cheered the opposition goals and since then has continually slated certain players.

I personally criticised what Huckerby had become to the side as a player although as a man he is a Norwich great and thankfully went out on a positive playing note if not a proper send off, but I always backed him on the pitch and tried to keep my comments constructive.

Get back soon Doc. If we fail to sign a target man there is a place for you if Roeder has the prescence of mind.