Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Six footers?

I am sure I remember Glenn saying at some time something about needing to build a team of six footers to get out of this league. Or is my memory playing tricks?

That came to mind as I enjoyed watching Stoke beat Aston Villa earlier today with a beauty from Ricardo Fuller and a 94th minute winner. Apparently Pulis is continuing with his six footer philosophy in the Prem. Will be interesting to watch the outcome.

How are we doing on the six footer front? Anyone know? Or are we going to dink our way up with ballers?

OTBC

Sounds like Stoke are trying to become the new Wimboldone, and yes he did say you need strong, athlet players, which i think we are slowly getting as the teams overal fittness levels proved at Cardiff.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I am sure I remember Glenn saying at some time something about needing to build a team of six footers to get out of this league. Or is my memory playing tricks?

That came to mind as I enjoyed watching Stoke beat Aston Villa earlier today with a beauty from Ricardo Fuller and a 94th minute winner. Apparently Pulis is continuing with his six footer philosophy in the Prem. Will be interesting to watch the outcome.

How are we doing on the six footer front? Anyone know? Or are we going to dink our way up with ballers?

OTBC

[/quote]

GR not only said that they should be a minimum of 6 foot but also that they should be muscular, agile and have good stamina....and no, I don''t think your memory is playing tricks.

Stoke will be interesting to watch, apparently the commentator used the word "skill" once ot twice.

No idea about the height of our footballers because, like you, I take no interest in them, never read about them, can''t be bothered to look their stats up on Wiki, etc. Because if I was a Norwich fan and I heard a rumour (or even half a rumour) then that would be one of the first things I would look for.

Hey B....no can''t be bothered to go back and see what your login was,if you ever make it to a Norwich game(doubt it)why don''t you take a tape measure with you and check. Oh and if by some fluke you do ever bother watching a game take that wizard character with you,he''s never been either.

Theres and absolute giant that sits in the jarrold stand. Im sure most of you will have seen him about carrow road walking to match days... He''s literally like 6ft 7''''-8''''... He would fit the bill! :D Or my brother? 6ft 5 and can hold the ball up nicely, shame he wouldnt score very many though, but might do a little more than mr. cureton

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

GR not only said that they should be a minimum of 6 foot but also that they should be muscular, agile and have good stamina....and no, I don''t think your memory is playing tricks.

Stoke will be interesting to watch, apparently the commentator used the word "skill" once ot twice.

No idea about the height of our footballers because, like you, I take no interest in them, never read about them, can''t be bothered to look their stats up on Wiki, etc. Because if I was a Norwich fan and I heard a rumour (or even half a rumour) then that would be one of the first things I would look for.

[/quote]

Bunny. Pity you got your colours mixed up - your last paragraph should have been in pink.

One love.

By the way, a real Norwich fan would know about proper colour coordination - see immediately below.

OTBC

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Hey B....no can''t be bothered to go back and see what your login was,if you ever make it to a Norwich game(doubt it)why don''t you take a tape measure with you and check. Oh and if by some fluke you do ever bother watching a game take that wizard character with you,he''s never been either.[/quote]

I see you suffer from the usual problems exhibited by short people, IncH_HigH.

Pity.

Good job the new school term is nigh.

OTBC

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Hey B....no can''t be bothered to go back and see what your login was,if you ever make it to a Norwich game(doubt it)why don''t you take a tape measure with you and check. Oh and if by some fluke you do ever bother watching a game take that wizard character with you,he''s never been either.[/quote]

Pity.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well when does your occupational therapy start again for the Autumn? [:)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Pity.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you short too then, macd?[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Pity.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I suppose it depends on who you''re comparing me to. [:)]

By the way, I''m not trying to score points or be facetious in asking where you''re living at the mo - genuinely interested. 

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

OTBC

[/quote]

By the way, I''m not trying to score points or be facetious in asking where you''re living at the mo - genuinely interested. 

[/quote]In the same place Bly''s always been living in - the past.

[quote user="BunnyB"]Sounds like Stoke are trying to become the new Wimboldone, and yes he did say you need strong, athlet players, which i think we are slowly getting as the teams overal fittness levels proved at Cardiff.
[/quote]

Bunny, How can Huckerby be through on goal and then have two defenders to beat when he''s about to shoot? How come he doesn''t score? Since when was forever two words? Oh, and what''s a legand?

You''re a Disgrace and I''ll be fronting a one man protest outside the city stand at our next home game in order to have you removed from this site, future games, and from purchasing goods in both the club shop at the ground and in the mall.

[quote user="westcountrycanary"]

Im 6ft 6" and 18 stone but after being at the match on sat,

i can comfirm i would be able to do a better job than banjo jamie

[/quote]You''re John Hartson in platform shoes?

[quote user="Lynne Phillips"]

Ooh, ahs a skool-boy error from me!

Oi wuz talkin'' ta Bayve. Sorry, oim new here. Dunno how ''is all werks yet.

[/quote]

Yer just a dog with a bob,

dog with a bob, dog with a bob

yer just a dog with a bob!

[quote user="Bayve Desleigh"][quote user="Lynne Phillips"]

Ooh, ahs a skool-boy error from me!

Oi wuz talkin'' ta Bayve. Sorry, oim new here. Dunno how ''is all werks yet.

[/quote]

Yer just a dog with a bob,

dog with a bob, dog with a bob

yer just a dog with a bob!

[/quote]

Stop pickun on me!

And, as much as I wud loike to see us goo up, if we had a team of giants, surely aht means it would all be long ball? Ahs not roight! I loike it played along the ground.

Success or entertainment? Oi loike a mix of ''a two!

[quote user="Lynne Phillips"]

Ooh.

Ahs a skool-boy error.

Sorry. I''m not pickun'' on yew.

[/quote]

Well I''m Picking on you.

You''re going over the wall.

No one likes you.

[quote user="Joe Irvine"][quote user="Lynne Phillips"]

Ooh.

Ahs a skool-boy error.

Sorry. I''m not pickun'' on yew.

[/quote]

Well I''m Picking on you.

You''re going over the wall.

No one likes you.

[/quote]

Ahs not very noice!

My face obviously dunt fit round here!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the same place Bly''s always been living in - the past.

[/quote]

This morning is in the past Chopsy.

Where do you live? Tomorrow?

One love.

OTBC

Now Inchy you lovely old boy , of course I always carry a tape measure with me and a knife , the tape measure I think you can imagine my need for this as I cant afford to miss a sale don''t you know ? the knife I will tell you about later but a clue is a deer .[:D]....arrdee.

OTBC

[/quote]at the ncisa jarrold stand ''meet roedy'' meeting last spring, i was there - when roedy said he''d ideally like a team of athletic 6 footers to get city competing in this league - but asides from the defence, all he''s signed are samm blokes ever since!!!but no surprises, with his meagre budget - it sounds like a case of ''hobbits choice...''

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bunny. Pity you got your colours mixed up - your last paragraph should have been in pink.

One love.

By the way, a real Norwich fan would know about proper colour coordination - see immediately below.

OTBC

[/quote]

Not at all, you obviously are a bit confused.

As for colour coordination, since when have we played in orange?

Evidently none of you know what proportion of six footers Roeder now has in his squad.

And hence how close he is to achieving his objective.

Not very, one suspects.

Although I suspect that he was just shooting off his mouth when he said it.

OTBC

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

at the ncisa jarrold stand ''meet roedy'' meeting last spring, i was there - when roedy said he''d ideally like a team of athletic 6 footers to get city competing in this league - but asides from the defence, all he''s signed are samm blokes ever since!!!

but no surprises, with his meagre budget - it sounds like a case of ''hobbits choice...''
[/quote]

Thanks lgt.

Did a little research and found that 10 of 12 Roeder signings currently with the club (Archibald-Henville excluded - data not found) are less than 6 ft tall.

Seems that Glenn''s  ''ideals'' have been thrown to one side in the cold glare of reality - or he was really just shooting off his mouth as I suggested earlier.

Seems we''re left with dinking ourselves up. Rather a high risk option these days one would have thought.

OTBC