Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

According to twtd....

[quote user="Hoolahoop"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

sorry CT buyt we need another 8 or 9 top quality players to begin to even mention the playoffs... if we get injuries then the current crap will get the nod again.... not good enough im afraid!

We cant afford 1 player though it seems.. let alone 3.

jas :)

[/quote]

Completely inaccurate and over the top. The only thing that we''re lacking is someone to stick the ball in the net. If you think we''re not playing better football and look better than last year due to the players we''ve purchased, you''ve been watching the wrong games.....or haven''t been at all.

In saying that we''ve only had one home game, have you been to any away games yet?

[/quote]

dont agree.. squads still too thin and lacking quality replacements... Hoolahoop gets injured - we replace him with Eagle... Pattison gets injured. we replace him with Croft? Dejan or Kennedy get injured.. shacks and the Doc.... Lupoli gets hurt, Jamie "oops" cureton comes in.

the 1st 11 is good, just havent won an away game.. but the 1st 11 arent going to play weekly are they? no one completes 46 games (50 odd with a decent cup run) a season.. possibly Goalies apart... the demands of the game take their toll... suspensions mount up... we need to have bodies good enough to come in and take over...

not rely on some bit parter who wasnt good enough 12 months ago and still isnt now....

cant get to aways at the mo im sad to say, GF works saturday mornings so i have to stay at home with the nipper.. sadly i have to make do with Boreham and Adams for aways... hence i can only get to the homes till nippers a bit older and can come away with me.

jas :)

[quote user="alex ncfc"]Am I the only one who wouldn''t mind Alan Lee here as our target man?[/quote]

No you''re not alex, I''d like to see him here too!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="alex ncfc"]Am I the only one who wouldn''t mind Alan Lee here as our target man?[/quote]

No you''re not alex, I''d like to see him here too!.

[/quote]

Binner alert [:D]

I''ve only just returned to the forum after a bit of a time out, and I''ve just seen ''1st Wazzock''. I actually can''t stop laughing, brilliant.

I don''t agree with you there, jas - if Hoolahan gets injured we play either Bertrand, Pattison or Eagle on the left, with Drury at l/b.  The point is that we have 2 (sometimes more) in each position, something GR was aiming for and has almost succeeded in doing....the obvious lack of a striker being the biggest remaining (and rather gaping) hole.

Rather than having no depth at all, I think we are as well covered at the back and in m/f as I can recall: consider c/b, we currently have 5 at the club (more than at any time I can remember), there''s 2 r/bs and 2 l/bs; midfield is reasonably stocked, too - we''ve been playing without Rusty there, and also Chadders or Bell (or Lappin/Eagle/Lathrope, come to that).  Whilst you might not want to rely on all the back-up week in week out, the first three there could well be in the starting XI as of right. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Ipswich have accepted a bid of £600k for Lee from Palace.

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/championship/ipswich-town/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=GreenUnOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED26%20Aug%202008%2020%3A51%3A12%3A880

Anyone like to see us match that bid?

[/quote]

Nope, and at 600k obviously way out of our price range in any case

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Ipswich have accepted a bid of £600k for Lee from Palace.

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/championship/ipswich-town/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=GreenUnOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED26%20Aug%202008%2020%3A51%3A12%3A880

Anyone like to see us match that bid?

[/quote]

Nope, and at 600k obviously way out of our price range in any case

[/quote]

And you know that because....?

You don''t, do you. You assume based on the worst.