Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

The Iversen Fiasco

I heard the following last night & have been deciding whether to post it or not all day. I decided what the hell, everyone should know!!

Carl Moore who funded half of Huckerby''s wages while he was here was at Carrow Road Wednesday trying to sort a deal out to get Iversen here. He offered to pay £6k a week to cover half of Iversen''s wages but the club could only stretch to £3k a week as they are already up to their wages budget! The club will announce a deal couldn''t be struck between us & Rosenberg but it isn''t strictly true! Also Foulger paid all costs to get Clingan & Hoolahan here & the Turners paid for Bell. Delia can no longer afford to put any more of her own money into the club!!! The feeling is Roeder has had a gut full & may be gone by January!

I know we are a charity and rely heavily on directors/sponsors to help pay the wages and transfer fees and agree the club can not afford to gamble by paying money they haven''t got. No one should expect Delia to keep throwing her money on the table but if somebody else comes along who is prepared to hand over their cash then surely that is the time to talk business and do a deal for the good of the club!!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

I heard the following last night & have been deciding whether to post it or not all day. I decided what the hell, everyone should know!!

Carl Moore who funded half of Huckerby''s wages while he was here was at Carrow Road Wednesday trying to sort a deal out to get Iversen here. He offered to pay £6k a week to cover half of Iversen''s wages but the club could only stretch to £3k a week as they are already up to their wages budget! The club will announce a deal couldn''t be struck between us & Rosenberg but it isn''t strictly true! Also Foulger paid all costs to get Clingan & Hoolahan here & the Turners paid for Bell. Delia can no longer afford to put any more of her own money into the club!!! The feeling is Roeder has had a gut full & may be gone by January!

[/quote]

No, that is totally and utterly untrue regarding Iversen.  We have an "in" on the Iversen situation and that is completely wrong.  As to the Foulger business I would not know.

I don''t know about Mr Roeder either although I find it rather strange that if he''s on his way he''s just signed a  lease on a property in Norfolk.

However, I can say your information  on Iversen is totally incorrect.  The statements made by Mr Roeder on Friday you would have known about on this board and Carrow Road net quite a while ago - from us.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I know we are a charity and rely heavily on directors/sponsors to help pay the wages and transfer fees and agree the club can not afford to gamble by paying money they haven''t got. No one should expect Delia to keep throwing her money on the table but if somebody else comes along who is prepared to hand over their cash then surely that is the time to talk business and do a deal for the good of the club!![/quote]Well said,if this is true it is even more ludicrous that they haven''t tried a bit harder to broker a deal with Cullum.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.Why on Earth would Roeder insist he is going to sign Steffen as soon as Rosenborg honour their promise, when he knows this is a lie? What advantage is there in doing so?If he doesn''t know the Board have stitched him up, how could he have ''had a gut full''? He knows his budget. do you honestly believe the board aare now going to turn round & say ''sorry, Glenn, we lied, we''ve just cut your budget by £150k a year, even though it will piss you (& every Norwich fan on the planet) off??I hope you''re not one of those people who''ll invent any old excrement, just so long as they can slag the management off.  I''ll be interested to see the outcome of this one.

I''ve got no interest in making rumours up, I''m not that sad!! I was told this by my mate who works for a very good friend of Carl Moore... I would absolutely LOVE IT if this was wrong as I really want Iversen to sign for us!!!!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

No, that is totally and utterly untrue regarding Iversen.  We have an "in" on the Iversen situation and that is completely wrong.  As to the Foulger business I would not know.

I don''t know about Mr Roeder either although I find it rather strange that if he''s on his way he''s just signed a  lease on a property in Norfolk.

However, I can say your information  on Iversen is totally incorrect.  The statements made by Mr Roeder on Friday you would have known about on this board and Carrow Road net quite a while ago - from us.

[/quote]The lease is for 6 months only.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I know we are a charity and rely heavily on directors/sponsors to help pay the wages and transfer fees and agree the club can not afford to gamble by paying money they haven''t got. No one should expect Delia to keep throwing her money on the table but if somebody else comes along who is prepared to hand over their cash then surely that is the time to talk business and do a deal for the good of the club!![/quote]

When has Delia ever thrown her money on the table that she never gotten back with interest? People seem to forget that it is the fans that pay the players salaries. Not the Turners nor anyone else on the board. It certainly isnt bloody Delia!! Why havent we reinvested the profits from player sales over the last 3 years? Thats the question that begs answering.

I think that is a little misguided, the gate revenue is not enough to pay the players salaries, and player sales have helped balance the books. Running a football team is not a profit making business as all clubs pay the player far too much money.

If you care to look at the audited accounts Delia does not get any interest or any other income from the club and also the fans contributions only covered 50% of the running cost of the club last year.

[/quote]

I''ve heard the very seem rumour regarding the Iversen deal but was told not to put it on here because it was told to my source by a senior member of the club and he didn''t want to get in trouble.

The story as I''ve been told it is very similar and sounds extremely truthful.

Apparantly he will sign but will not join us until Rosenberg finish their season in October, which is not good enough in my opinion. An experienced loan player is hopefully going to join until Iversen arrives.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''ve got no interest in making rumours up, I''m not that sad!! I was told this by my mate who works for a very good friend of Carl Moore... I would absolutely LOVE IT if this was wrong as I really want Iversen to sign for us!!!![/quote]

Ah, the mate of a friend that works for someone! always true[;)]

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''ve got no interest in making rumours up, I''m not that sad!! I was told this by my mate who works for a very good friend of Carl Moore... I would absolutely LOVE IT if this was wrong as I really want Iversen to sign for us!!!![/quote]

Ah, the mate of a friend that works for someone! always true[;)]

[/quote]

I''ve got to be honest, I don''t give a flying **** if you believe me or not. However, I did not make this up & by the sounds of it, I''m not the only person to hear this!

I don''t doubt that what you''ve written was in good faith Iwan, but it doesn''t make it completely true - these things can easily get ''chinese-whispers'' style embellishments along the way to being put on here (not necessarily yours, I hasten to add!).  

It will be interesting to see what transpires over the next week or so up to deadline day.

[quote user="eddie1"]so what is happening then please

[/quote]

This latest Norse Saga is very, very simple.  There is not a problem with the money - the player is happy and wants to come to England and Norwich whoever is funding it. His English wife (nee Crane, married Leicestershire 2004, honest we''ve been into this stuff) and (one presumes) their child would also like him to come back to England.

When he signed a three year contract with Rosenborg he was assured by the Director of Football that if a club OUTSIDE OF NORWAY made an acceptable offer to HIM they would not stand in his way.  Now,unless there now fjords where North Walsham and Wymondham currently are (you never know with this Climate Change stuff) Norfolk is outside of Norway. 

Alas, the assurance was only verbal and not included in his contract courtesy of his agent (hereinafter referred to in this document as "The Agent")  Rodney U-Plonkersson.

The player knows it was said, the agent apparently so, and in any case the Director of Football has admitted to the Sports Editor of the Trondheim local  that it was said "but the circumstances of the club have now changed".  "Off the record" apparently.  Well, not this end it isn''t.

The circumstances of the club have changed because they won their section of the Intertoto thing (ironically thanks to a penalty by Iversen, watch out Jamie, top corner right or left whereas the Hooligan often waits for the keeper to move one way or tother and then  sticks it down the middle which is actually quite clever or risky depending on how you think but probably better than wide or over the top) which entered them into the UEFA Cup second qualifying round. 

Trondheim sports bloke: "He''s their best player by far.  110 per cent and always dangerous on the ball.  Never shirks a tackle.  He''s a lot better than the League he is playing in - he wants another chance in England.  Very hard to knock off the ball, a very sturdy player."

Selected for the friendly v the Hapless Republic of Ireland (1-1) he went out on the town and got rat arsed and failed to wake up or turn up for the national team training session and was duly sent home to Troll Land.

The Irish Times (as all know we Irish are easily fooled) commented: "Minus their dangerous striker and playmaker Iversen sent home in disgrace for a disciplinary offence,  Norway offered little threat but Ireland''s defence, entirely responsible for Norway''s goal,  was no better, often in disarray and clearly both teams have much to do if they are to progress internationally. A poor performance by both teams."

Whatever.

Rosenborg attempted to hijack the signing of Fredrik Stoor (who? but a four year contract from Harrods FC) despite the fact that his get out WAS in writing (Agent: Olaf Smartarssien) and it went on for many weeks with Rosenborg refusing to reply to faxes and, far more importantly, Rosenborg refusing to sign off Stoor''s registration from the Norwegian FA to the English FA until  Fulham sent a team from Craven Cottage and hired a contract lawyer from Oslo who immediately served Rosenborg with a "Violation of Contract" writ at which point they signed and Fredrik Who landed up at Fulham for good or bad.

Unfortunately "yours" isn''t in writing.  That''s the situation as we understand it in downtown Colchester and we are totally satisfied that it is an accurate summary of the situation so far.  We''ve no idea what will happen next.[*-)]

Also Swindon Town 1 Colchester United 3 and our non League find (Akanni-Sunday - told to piss off by St Albans - Wasiu), sent on for the last minute (FFS, in the spirit of this board) grabbed number three in added on time.  Their keeper misread the bounce.  Sunday didn''t - his first League goal. Pleased for him.[:D]

.....it is some years since I studied law (and only then from the Accounting side of things) but was under the impression that things don''t necessarily have to be in writing in order for them to be legally binding.  Given that all parties appear to admit to what was said/agreed, surely that is enough for the weight of proof that might be required?  [Of course, Norwegian law may be different!].

I think the problem may be that, although Steffen could probably legally force Rosenborg to release him, this could lead to a protracted courtroom battle which would delay things just as much. I don''t know if Steff''s thinking of putting in a transfer request - he might consiser it counterproductive - but he is certainly well hacked off with the whole situation; I reckon the International thing was a symptom of this. I will attempt to get an update.

I heard the following last night & have been deciding whether to post it or not all day. I decided what the hell, everyone should know!! Carl Moore who funded half of Huckerby''s wages while he was here was at Carrow Road Wednesday trying to sort a deal out to get Iversen here. He offered to pay £6k a week to cover half of Iversen''s wages but the club could only stretch to £3k a week as they are already up to their wages budget! The club will announce a deal couldn''t be struck between us & Rosenberg but it isn''t strictly true! Also Foulger paid all costs to get Clingan & Hoolahan here & the Turners paid for Bell. Delia can no longer afford to put any more of her own money into the club!!! The feeling is Roeder has had a gut full & may be gone by January!

[/quote]Quite simply the biggest loads of sh*te I''ve ever heard

[quote user="Branston Pickle"].....it is some years since I studied law (and only then from the Accounting side of things) but was under the impression that things don''t necessarily have to be in writing in order for them to be legally binding.  Given that all parties appear to admit to what was said/agreed, surely that is enough for the weight of proof that might be required?  [Of course, Norwegian law may be different!].[/quote]

For a contract of any sort to be valid there needs to be "consideration" - both sides need to get something. It is debatable whether that would be the case in this situation.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I hope you''re not one of those people who''ll invent any old excrement, just so long as they can slag the management off.  I''ll be interested to see the outcome of this one.
[/quote]

I bet he is, there are a too many of those idiots on here

Cam, I haven''t quoted your entire post for brevity''s sake but this is really interesting, thanks for posting. Glad you''re still "here".

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Cam, I haven''t quoted your entire post for brevity''s sake but this is really interesting, thanks for posting. Glad you''re still "here".[/quote]Agreed. Top post. I enjoyed Rodney U-Plonkersson. I am still removing the cornflakes from my screen.

Hmm.  Two scenarios of how this could have gone:

Rucker comes on here to back up his mate, saying words to the effect of: "yep guys, I''m the person who gave Iwan the info, and it definitely came straight from [whateverhisnamewas]; seems we are screwed and have very little money"

or

Rucker comes on here slagging everyone off (including Cam who has 1500 posts and has built up a decent reputation), acting like a complete and utter cretin.

No prizes for guessing which is more likely to have people believing in him, are there.

Cam is justifiably a well respected poster on this board. Neutral, experienced and with contacts in the industry and proven to be right in the past. Rucker, even with your frequent barely literate use of big words like knob on this thread you have 24 posts and univeral condemnation. Cam wins.