Sign in to follow this  
Nik

Now we are linked to Heidar Helguson

"The former Watford man is on the fringes of the Bolton Wanderers side at present and is attracting plenty of interest from the Championship"

This is the only real part of the article that states he may well leave Bolton for a Champ club, the rest talks about Lupoli and uses quotes from Glenn about the Cardiff game.

Bolstering up a dodgy article with off-topic information, sounds a bit untrustworthy :)

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]"The former Watford man is on the fringes of the Bolton Wanderers side at present and is attracting plenty of interest from the Championship" This is the only real part of the article that states he may well leave Bolton for a Champ club, the rest talks about Lupoli and uses quotes from Glenn about the Cardiff game. Bolstering up a dodgy article with off-topic information, sounds a bit untrustworthy :)[/quote]

Er.. I think you need to read it again before you get critical! the first few lines clearly state:-

Norwich eye deal for Icelandic forward
08:35 August, 24, 2008
Heidar Helguson is being lined up to fill the target man void at Carrow Road

My main issue is that there is a tiny bit about him, the rest is about Lupoli to bolster up the article and make it seem decent.

All this talk of iversen by Roeder, it''s possible HH could be Glenn''s Plan B but still seems a bit dubious :/

He''s a bloody good player though. If I remember rightly he''s pretty springy off the deck, and he''s taller than what we''ve got at the mo. Worth a gamble if you ask me.

He''s decent enough,but I don''t know how much there is in this story to be honest.We''ve seen so many names in the last couple of weeks that I''m getting pretty cynical.

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

may only be 5.10 but he is strong, has a great leap, very good header of ball and has good feet. could do a lot worse

[/quote]For what we need right now, he would be excellent.  I really think he would do a good job for us and Helguson & Lupoli would be a potentially excellent first choice strikeforce.

Am sure I read a link of NCFC with him fairly recently - but it also said that he was injured (something he has a bit of a reputation for being).  IMO it is not necessarily a great amount of height that we need, it is that physical presence that Curo and Lupoli don''t give us; the new guy doesn''t need to be a giant but has to be good in the air to get onto clearances (Marshall cannot always roll the ball out) and hold play up - it seems that aerial prowess is one of Helgusson''s strong points, so perhaps he might fit the bill.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Am sure I read a link of NCFC with him fairly recently - but it also said that he was injured (something he has a bit of a reputation for being).  IMO it is not necessarily a great amount of height that we need, it is that physical presence that Curo and Lupoli don''t give us; the new guy doesn''t need to be a giant but has to be good in the air to get onto clearances (Marshall cannot always roll the ball out) and hold play up - it seems that aerial prowess is one of Helgusson''s strong points, so perhaps he might fit the bill.

[/quote]

Exactly, we don''t have to get in a Iwan/Steve Howard type just a tallish player who is strong in the air and can give centre backs plenty to think about.

That is why Iversen would be perfect. He can also play with the ball at his feet and is still pretty mobile from what i have seen of him on clips this season off the Rosey site.

Helguson is very good as well but he is very injury prone so i would steer clear. In fact i think he is crocked at the moment and has been for some time.

When I saw the title I hoped something* else but this is not bad at all.

Eidur Gudjohnsen is on the fringes :P