Sign in to follow this  
bananaman

Uncle Bobby

Just read on PopBitch that Uncle Bob''s been sacked.

Is this true? If so, it will take the gloss off a stunning result last night for us. I would hate to see the back of Sir Bobby, and if it was our fault.... say it ain''t so!

Cant agree with you ''Nana. Old Sir Binner last night talked utter twaddle in the post match interview. No credit AT ALL to the mighty Yella''s and crashed on about "deflections" and chances which , he implied, left Newcastle in a mighty unlucky predicament.

Fact is his chairman is trying to buy Roooney without involving him at all, he has lost his team to a great extent (even his love child Keiron Dire doesn''t want to play for him anymore) and either he or his chairman have patently lost sight of the fact that they need to replace Woodgate (who incidentally appears to have been sold without Sir Bob''s say-so)

Sir Bob is a dear old boy who you would happily push round in his bath chair and swop tales of Football Past, but I''m afraid he has lived on his reputation for too long and could well get the chop soon.

...and he has clearly lost the dressing room, which always spells the end. He''s like that loveable teacher you had at school who everyone liked but who no-one had any respect for!
I give him until Sunday.

Hmmm. I don''t doubt that he has Ipswich connections, but frankly I would wager that most of us on this board have some sort of Ipswich connections.

I support football first and foremost. Norwich are my home team, and my support of them will never be in doubt.

But Uncle Bobby brought me football memories from ''86 and ''90, and his early reign at Newcastle, that I will never forget. He gave us English some respect abroad, and is a great ambassador for the game. That''s more than enough to make him a legend in my eyes, and I truly hope he doesn''t get the sack.

Despite his portaloo connections I had some respect for Sir Booby because of his achievement in Italia 90 and Barcelona etc and also hauling Newcastle back to the big time.

But last night he proved that he really is a blathering idiot if he feels that the only reason they didn''t win because of continual deflections, goalline clearances, saves etc. Fact is his team could have been well and truly hammered had we taken our chances. So if he thought last night was unlucky, just wait for the stories of black cats, broken mirrors and walks under ladders if the Arse put 10 past them...........

Bobby Robson deserves respect - he''s been a great coach for many years, but was just too straight a person for the snakes who run Newcastle United. He seems to me like a sort of "holy fool", with great wisdom but totally naive. I don''t know if it was he who actually bought dross like Dyer, Bramble, Bowyer etc., or whether it was the "Board" looking for young chums with similar hobbies, but if it was Bobby I''m sure he did it because he believed he could make them better people as well as better players. In fact, I seem to remember him saying just that when Dyer (or was it Bellers) went there. Either way, my sympathy''s with Sir Bob and the Toon Army - makes you thank your stars we''ve got Delia, Doomcaster and Sir Nigel.

For the record, I have no Ips**t connections, wish to have none and haven''t even set foot in the area, but you''ve got to admire Bobby Robson''s career, he really has done it all...
He may be a dilapidated old fool now, but he really has forgotten more about football than most can hope to have gained in a lifetime...

Unfortunately for Newcastle at the moment Niall Quinn is spot on with his comment that they are saying far too much about lots of things that should be kept behind closed doors. Sir Bobby is just as guilty as the rest in that respect and, with his tremendous experience, should know better in my opinion.

Sorry to see the old boy go and so will Sky, I should think after spending a fortune on the ''Managers'' advert - wonder if they continue to show it? I can''t see him staying in football now, at least not in a Managerial capacity. What a great man though!
All the best to him.