Sign in to follow this  
Albyella

Let's get serious for a minute.....

Try to forget your personal feelings towards her, be honest, do you think that Delia is the right helmsman (woman) at the club?

This isnt about the manager or players, who will sign or who wont etc, that is day-to-day business. This is about the custodian of our great club.

In the early days I had a lot of time for Delia and was grateful for what she did for us. I forgave her the "Let''s be ''avin ya" rant (mildly amusing, but extremely embarassing) and the alcahol fuelled comments at the Norfolk Show. However, on reflection and culminating in the Cullum debacle (I firmly believe that we may have let a great opportunity slip away here), I actually believe that she has regressed into a self-centred human being who has set herself onto an ivory tower and wo-betide anyone who seeks to knock her down. There is a lot of animosity aimed towards Neil Doncaster, but if you analyse his position of employment (which is a great job and many would give their right arm for), he can only deliver what he is allowed to deliver, and he almost certainly would have to pay lip-service to his employers.....and absorbing the flak as a bonus.

Personally, I dont think Delia is the right person any more, and what now sticks in my throat is that I am sure she also realises she is not the right person any more. But, I feel the pride in the woman will not allow her to hold up her hands and say "I''ve done a decent job here, I''ve had some fun, but now it''s time to let someone else with fresh enthusiasm and resource to take over..."

This is a great club, it will still be a great club even if Delia holds out for another 5 years, because it''s the supporters that make a club great. But right now I think those same supporters are being cheated out of NCFC realising it''s potential - forget the results for the moment, I cannot remember ever feeling this concerned about the future for our club.

wycombe canary wrote the following post at 22/08/2008 4:09 PM:

''Try to forget your personal feelings towards her...

''I actually believe that she has regressed into a self-centred human being who has set herself onto an ivory tower ''

--------

That sounds a bit personal to me...

Haven''t we gone over this time and time again?

I have a theory:

Whether she''s right for the club or not there are a lot of men out there who can''t cope with the idea of a woman running NCFC. Simple as.

You don''t hear Doomcaster getting the same personal attacks and he''s just as culpable for the state of this club as anyone else.

Pure, old fashioned sexism. Wouldn''t you say?

Good post,  a fresh start could just well give this club a lift and hopefully a kick in the right direction. Like you i believe this club is blessed with fantastic supporters even when the chips were down.

We are all constantly concerned about out club and how it is run,  but do you have any evidence for personal slurs such as her being a "self centred human being", not a self centred owner of a football club, but as a person ?

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

''I actually believe that she has regressed into a self-centred human being who has set herself onto an ivory tower ''

--------

I have a theory:

Whether she''s right for the club or not there are a lot of men out there who can''t cope with the idea of a woman running NCFC. Simple as.

You don''t hear Doomcaster getting the same personal attacks and he''s just as culpable for the state of this club as anyone else.

[/quote]

Match Day Pie, meet Mello Yello. Mello, this is Match Day Pie. I''m sure you''re going to get on like a house on fire...

And for what it''s worth, I''m (apparently) a board apologist (sorry about the board, everyone! not) and I think you''re talking bollards. Doomcaster is non-stop criticised, and always has been right back to the can we/can''t we afford hucks days.

I agree with most of what you have pointed out here and you really should have had the National Anthem playing in the background, but all joking aside (as you wish) what more can the woman do..? I think the word for it is ''Sentiment'' and doesn''t that play a huge part in supporting NCFC and other teams?

I firmly believe that Cullum went to the press before approaching the club the second time to get the fans on his side (after all it is well pressed all over the country how brilliant we are etc etc) and he immediately got that wish, if you remember it was also well pressed that ncfc didn''t meet until a week or so after it all came out - so i really think that should have a line firmly drawn underneath.

Can you say why you thought she was ''the right person'' before, other than ploughing her money into the club? That''s not a critisism, but isn''t Delia getting the ''we''ve got to blame someone'' treatment a little too much? Dare i say that perhaps it''s the ''hero''s'' on the pitch that should take at least most of the blame..?

--------

I have a theory:

[/quote]

What are you talking about????

Mook,

The point was about Delia really, I guess I shouldn''t have put in the bit about Doncaster as it distracts from the point. But I stick with that point - there are a lot of blokes (not, by any means, all) who simply don''t like a woman in charge of our club and can''t see past that.

Mook,

The point was about Delia really, I guess I shouldn''t have put in the bit about Doncaster as it distracts from the point. But I stick with that point - there are a lot of blokes (not, by any means, all) who simply don''t like a woman in charge of our club and can''t see past that.

[/quote]Indeed MDP, simple case of male chauvinism with certain people. 

[quote user="Lisa-Marie"]

I agree with most of what you have pointed out here and you really should have had the National Anthem playing in the background, but all joking aside (as you wish) what more can the woman do..? I think the word for it is ''Sentiment'' and doesn''t that play a huge part in supporting NCFC and other teams?

I firmly believe that Cullum went to the press before approaching the club the second time to get the fans on his side (after all it is well pressed all over the country how brilliant we are etc etc) and he immediately got that wish, if you remember it was also well pressed that ncfc didn''t meet until a week or so after it all came out - so i really think that should have a line firmly drawn underneath.

Can you say why you thought she was ''the right person'' before, other than ploughing her money into the club? That''s not a critisism, but isn''t Delia getting the ''we''ve got to blame someone'' treatment a little too much? Dare i say that perhaps it''s the ''hero''s'' on the pitch that should take at least most of the blame..

[/quote]

Of course sentiment plays a part, otherwise I wouldn''t have bothered posting - what more can the woman do? well, that''s for another thread I suppose, I only wanted to get a feeling of others opinions. Same with the Cullum thing, it has also been posted to death, but in my personal opinion, I think it was an opportunity for this club, which has gone by the wayside(for now). I am not sure I said she was the "right person" before, I did say that I was grateful for what she did for us, including ploughing her money in - but that was her choice, and like anything in business you enter with your eyes open. Finally, I am not blaming Delia for anything material (I did staet this was not about the manager or players), I am simply putting forward my opinion that I do not think Delia is now the right custodian of our club.

Mook,

[/quote]

Oh dear, how sad you are...

[quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

--------

I have a theory:

[/quote]

[/quote]

sex·ism  

Audio Help   [sek-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.

2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person''s sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.

[Origin: 1965–70; sex + -ism, on the model of racism]

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

--------

I have a theory:

[/quote]

[/quote]

sex·ism  

Audio Help   [sek-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.

2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person''s sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.

[Origin: 1965–70; sex + -ism, on the model of racism]

[/quote]

Hmmmm - so the fact that Delia is, in fact, a woman prohibits me from putting forward an opinion, because it will be SEXIST!!!! Well, you''re not gonna believe this, I married a.....woman, and sometimes she even......cooks my dinner for me!!!!! You really need to get out of Norfolk for a while - oh, and I voted Thatcher

Congratulat

WC:

Calm down... no one''s accused you of being sexist. There are lots of men who can''t see past the fact that she''s a woman, that''s all.

Your comments at the top are all relevant, it''s just that others see it as far more black and white. She''s a woman, therefore they can''t cope with it. At least you had a go at articulating why you don''t think she should be there any longer. Too many people just think she''s some kind of jumped-up housewife and slag her off. They can''t cope with the fact that a woman is in charge.

You''re the first person I''ve heard in years admit they voted for Thatcher, by the way. Very brave!

Keep squirming MDP and you may yet eat your own tail. If you were not implying that WC was sexist, then why did you answer his post with those comments? Heavens, I can see my face in the bottom of that barrel you''ve scraped........

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

--------

I have a theory:

[/quote]

Match Day Pie, meet Mello Yello. Mello, this is Match Day Pie. I''m sure you''re going to get on like a house on fire...

And for what it''s worth, I''m (apparently) a board apologist (sorry about the board, everyone! not) and I think you''re talking bollards. Doomcaster is non-stop criticised, and always has been right back to the can we/can''t we afford hucks days.

[/quote]

Please explain.

MDP - [quote]You''re the first person I''ve heard in years admit they voted for Thatcher, by the way. Very brave![/quote]

What''s brave about it? I voted for Thatcher too and in doing so I became pretty well minted, and please don''t anyone harp on about the mess she left for Labour - they''ve had over a decade to sort things out and look at the current state of this country.

[quote user="astrodyne"]Keep squirming MDP and you may yet eat your own tail. If you were not implying that WC was sexist, then why did you answer his post with those comments? Heavens, I can see my face in the bottom of that barrel you''ve scraped........[/quote]

That''s why I said ''we''ve gone over this time and time again''. (Delia being right or wrong)

My point was made as a different theory - if you took it differently then sorry about that, but it''s not that way and that''s that.

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 22/08/2008 7:53 PM:

I too, voted Maggie.....Can you see a pattern developing here?

------

You''re all voting Cameron this time round?

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Mello Yello wrote the following post at 22/08/2008 7:53 PM: I too, voted Maggie.....Can you see a pattern developing here? ------ You''re all voting Cameron this time round?[/quote]

Nah, he''s a bloke.

Stop beating around the bloody bush here. Smith being a woman is a distinct disadvantage to NCFC and even in todays soppy transexual world, football remains largely a mans game run by men for men to play whther women like it or not.

You''ll be telling me women have serious football teams next. Like in everything else today "equality" is just a cynical by-word for "superiority"...and the male gender is just rolling over and dying. I''m glad I''m still not of a breeding age or I''d soon be planning an ovary transplant to maintain some value as a human being.

Soppy Smith out...Credibility Cullum in.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Stop beating around the bloody bush here. Smith being a woman is a distinct disadvantage to NCFC and even in todays soppy transexual world, football remains largely a mans game run by men for men to play whther women like it or not.

You''ll be telling me women have serious football teams next. Like in everything else today "equality" is just a cynical by-word for "superiority"...and the male gender is just rolling over and dying. I''m glad I''m still not of a breeding age or I''d soon be planning an ovary transplant to maintain some value as a human being.

[/quote]Antiquated opinions like this are thanfully a dying breed in today''s society and show the expressor to be a narrow minded, chauvinistic pig.  Let''s get a few facts straight. Delia owns her shares jointly with Michael Wynn Jones, who I strongly suspect is a man. They are joined on the Norwich City board of Directors by Chairman Roger Munby, Chief Executive Neil Doncaster, Michael Foulgar and Andrew and Sharon Turner. Now I cannot say for certain on all, but again I suspect Munby, Doncaster, Foulgar and Andrew Turner to also be male. Making five members of our board male to two females. It is the board of directors who control and run the club. So tell me how we are disadvantaged in a male dominated society?Putting that fact completely aside for a second, a male dominated society always has it''s exceptions. As do female societies having male exceptions. It does not prevent a female succeeding and vica versa. Some of the best barristers are female. That is very much a male dominated society, and has been for centuries.Thirdly, the victimisation against Delia alone is frankly, criminal. Her failing is a failing shared by the board of directors - a simple lack of finances to realise the ambitions of the football club. Despite doing her best on very limited resources, she is villified. Now, regarding the efforts (or lack of) to find a suitable successor, fine, criticise all you wish. But I think to single her out when her failings are also the failings of the board is a disgrace - and equally so their successes. The board as a whole should be attributed with the successes they have achieved and the failures they haven''t as well.I appreciate Delia, as the famous member of the board, is seen as somewhat of a figurehead. But frankly, that is all she is and as soon as people look beyond this and see it is our entire board that are the problem, then all the better.Finally, returning to the original question, as to whether Delia is the right person at the helm, my answer would be she isn''t. The board are. Extending the question to encompass the entire board and if they are suitable helms people, my immediate thought is no. They were the right board to steer us to financial safety. Now, we need to look to excel on the field and re-establish this club as a force in this league. Unfortunately, they have not got the finances to achieve this.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

Antiquated opinions like this are thanfully a dying breed in today''s society and show the expressor to be a narrow minded, chauvinistic pig. 

Let''s get a few facts straight. Delia owns her shares jointly with Michael Wynn Jones, who I strongly suspect is a man. They are joined on the Norwich City board of Directors by Chairman Roger Munby, Chief Executive Neil Doncaster, Michael Foulgar and Andrew and Sharon Turner. Now I cannot say for certain on all, but again I suspect Munby, Doncaster, Foulgar and Andrew Turner to also be male. Making five members of our board male to two females.

It is the board of directors who control and run the club. So tell me how we are disadvantaged in a male dominated society?

Putting that fact completely aside for a second, a male dominated society always has it''s exceptions. As do female societies having male exceptions. It does not prevent a female succeeding and vica versa. Some of the best barristers are female. That is very much a male dominated society, and has been for centuries.

Thirdly, the victimisation against Delia alone is frankly, criminal. Her failing is a failing shared by the board of directors - a simple lack of finances to realise the ambitions of the football club. Despite doing her best on very limited resources, she is villified. Now, regarding the efforts (or lack of) to find a suitable successor, fine, criticise all you wish. But I think to single her out when her failings are also the failings of the board is a disgrace - and equally so their successes. The board as a whole should be attributed with the successes they have achieved and the failures they haven''t as well.

I appreciate Delia, as the famous member of the board, is seen as somewhat of a figurehead. But frankly, that is all she is and as soon as people look beyond this and see it is our entire board that are the problem, then all the better.

Finally, returning to the original question, as to whether Delia is the right person at the helm, my answer would be she isn''t. The board are. Extending the question to encompass the entire board and if they are suitable helms people, my immediate thought is no. They were the right board to steer us to financial safety. Now, we need to look to excel on the field and re-establish this club as a force in this league. Unfortunately, they have not got the finances to achieve this.
[/quote]

I''ll accept that if you''ll accept being floppy wristed nancy boy.

Funny how society should fall apart the minute the natural gender balance is disrupted. Can you think of any other intelligent creature which allows the smaller and weaker gender to dominate the larger?

Nah.....thought not. You''re welcome to to it anyway and if I were you (which I could never aspire to be) I''d get  that ovary transplant organised before the rush starts.

Cluckster. when a male locust and a female locust mate, after they''ve done the deeds, the female Locust rips of the males head, even though male locusts are generally bigger..........

Most female spiders kill their mates on the grounds that after "doing the business" they are of no further use to them.

I like what my Irish grandma used to say on this topic.

"Men come out of it and then spend the rest of their lives trying to get back into it."

(For the native born American posters on here you can add: "Go figure." )

[:|]

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

I''ll accept that if you''ll accept being floppy wristed nancy boy.

Funny how society should fall apart the minute the natural gender balance is disrupted. Can you think of any other intelligent creature which allows the smaller and weaker gender to dominate the larger?

Nah.....thought not. You''re welcome to to it anyway and if I were you (which I could never aspire to be) I''d get  that ovary transplant organised before the rush starts.

[/quote]      This stuff is priceless.  Finally, after Houston Canary carrying the bullseye on his back because of his ridiculousness (and a love to wind this board up) the torch has been passed. NC has just effectively told 51% of the population to sit down and shut up because only a man can lead.  This drivel is the kind of stuff I would expect from bible-thumping evangelicals in the Midwest, but to hear it coming from a Brit, its just priceless.  I promise to not judge your country and its people because of some ignorant, stone age git, just as I hope you all would not when an American stoops to the same level.