Sign in to follow this  
DisorientatedCanary

A Return To The Mod?

Now, i know this has been covered afew times in the past but im starting to think its getting to a point where a higher level of ''censorship'' i required.

While i has no problem with people airing their views what i do dislike is the current influx of ''trolls''. we seem to have picked up a large number of them lately, all with the urge to re-register at the first hint of problems.

The increasingly large numbers of posts all in CAPS or failing to adhear to even the most basic resembelance to english, or as some have now become, simply nasty, vindictive or threatening.

While the old system of moderated posts was slower no one can deny the problems we experience lately were much more limited.

Perhaps DC people should be able to moderate themselves and not respond to the posts, they will so disappear or be deletedl

There have been a lot of stupid posts that should''nt have made it to the board recently. To many Binners proving to themselves they really are as stupid as we all thought, its getting boring.

I agree, we really should ignore theose completely pointless posts, the less attention it gets, the quicker it goes.

However a return to moderation would solve a much of the problem as people are always going to reply, no matter how ridiculous the post is. Is i possible that members could moderate as they do on other pages?

[quote user="Reg Presley"]I agree! "failing to adhear to even the most basic resembelance to english". That''s supposed to be "adhere" and "resemblance" as we English spell them is it?
[/quote]

Yes it should, but hardly deals with the question raised now does it.

[quote user="DisorientatedCanary"]

[quote user="Reg Presley"]I agree! "failing to adhear to even the most basic resembelance to english". That''s supposed to be "adhere" and "resemblance" as we English spell them is it?
[/quote]

Yes it should, but hardly deals with the question raised now does it.

[/quote]

And at least you understood my post. otherwise picking holes in it wouldnt have been so easy would it. whereas we both know many are enough to turn even the chaviest of chavs heads with confusion.

You can moderate a board without having to specifically approve and release each post to the world, it seems very much all or nothing when it comes to moderating this forum.

Why not have some regulars help moderate posts, set some ground rules on what to allow, and then, so long as you catch a nasty thread/post within a few hours you''re safe, and everyone is happy.

[/quote]

WILD THING....YOU MOVE ME..... [8] [8]  [8] [8][8] [8] [8]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]

You can moderate a board without having to specifically approve and release each post to the world, it seems very much all or nothing when it comes to moderating this forum.

Why not have some regulars help moderate posts, set some ground rules on what to allow, and then, so long as you catch a nasty thread/post within a few hours you''re safe, and everyone is happy.

[/quote]I''m all for self moderation.  If you start getting board members to moderate, you run the risk of it becoming a ''friends and locals'' only club, either moderation is done by a 3rd party or not at all. Besides I dare say they would have to renew the software and I really don''t think Archant would be interested in paying for it.

One idea I would suggest is to adjust, if possible, the mouse-over pop up thingy,(excuse technical terminology).

At present it lasts six seconds(no am not talking about my sex life) and shows only the first few lines of the post, sometimes it is enough to see the gist of the thread but not always.

Could it be manually adjusted to show whole thread and for longer ? On some sites it stays on until the mouse moves off.

If we could do this it would be easier to flip through and then ignore without flicking up the viewing figures which I am sure gives these trolls a lot of satisfaction.

I was all for going unmoderated but admit that having given it a reasonable time wish it would revert back to how it was.

Pointless threads, stupid posts, non-footy posts, posts in capital locks, posts which don''t make sense etc etc etc

Pete, I know you''re still watching over us so isn''t there anything you can suggest to make it better??

[quote user="cityangel"]

I was all for going unmoderated but admit that having given it a reasonable time wish it would revert back to how it was.

Pointless threads, stupid posts, non-footy posts, posts in capital locks, posts which don''t make sense etc etc etc

Pete, I know you''re still watching over us so isn''t there anything you can suggest to make it better??

[/quote]

All the regular posters should go on a jolly to Blackpool for a week.  When we come back we''ll see what we have left.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

All the regular posters should go on a jolly to Blackpool for a week.  When we come back we''ll see what we have left.

[/quote]

I can see it now, Smudger, arrdee, Wiz, CT playing beach volleyball together having a right good time.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see it now, Smudger, arrdee, Wiz, CT playing beach volleyball together having a right good time.

[/quote]

Nar that wouldn''t work Smudger and Wiz would argue over who was going to serve first the, game would never get started . They wouldn''t want to play with me anyhow as I would be far to good for them besides I would craze them asking when they were going to make a selection on the Free Bet . Talking of which "broadslim"..........[;)]....arrdee.

I hope you all have a reet good  time on the beach.

Watch out for the demolition contractors though..............

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoolnews/Riverdance-ferry-demolition-is-on.4428437.jp

If you''ve got time pop into the Ex Servicemen''s Club just down the road in St Annes (11.30 a.m to 1 a.m.).  It''s  in Alexandra Road.

Don''t be shy if you are not technically Ex Service.  Just mention the name of Hoolahan or Chubs, ask for reminiscences and that should break the ice.[:|]

Ay up. Mercy it ain''t but any port in''t storm.