Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

realistically........

if we are to get a striker before deadline day its going to happen today or tomorrow. roeder has not indicated we are close to a signing like in previous cases so im guessing we aint getting one. i cant help thinking that roeder should have kept dave striker or chris brown, i mean releasing theses two knowing this situation could arrise seems crazy! and i know they may have not been spectacular but they are certainly better than what we have now.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]if we are to get a striker before deadline day its going to happen today or tomorrow. roeder has not indicated we are close to a signing like in previous cases so im guessing we aint getting one. i cant help thinking that roeder should have kept dave striker or chris brown, i mean releasing theses two knowing this situation could arrise seems crazy! and i know they may have not been spectacular but they are certainly better than what we have now.[/quote]

Not sure, but with 31st being a Sunday the deadline has been extended to midnight on Monday.

Yes, just checked before Cameldung could (I saw him on the on the Ipswich MB saying how proud he was of his team''s performance) :-

The window is due to close on the 31st August but because that falls on a Sunday the League have extended it to finish at midnight on Monday 1st September.
It will be similar when the transfer window re opens in the new year. The window is due to close on 31st January which is a Saturday but once again they will extend it to midnight on Monday 2nd February

[quote]Yes, just checked before Cameldung could (I saw him on the on the Ipswich MB saying how proud he was of his team''s performance) [/quote]

Jealousy is an ugly thing, Lord Snooty.

1. How exactly do you come to conclusion that a striker has to come now or never? That''s just bizarre, and personally I think we''re looking towards the end of the window rather than this end. Don''t forget that the closure of the window does not mean the end - loans are still possible.

2. Kept Dave Striker? To keep him would have meant paying his old club an additional £1mil based on the structured transfer agreement that brought him here. For a player who would be, at best, a reserve option, no thanks.

3. Kept Chris Brown? £400k for Brown was a good deal and represented an opportunity to recoup some of the monies paid for him. It was an opportunity too good to miss and I for one don''t regret it for a second.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Yes, just checked before Cameldung could (I saw him on the on the Ipswich MB saying how proud he was of his team''s performance) [/quote]

Jealousy is an ugly thing, Lord Snooty.

[/quote]

Not jealous just continue to be bemused as to why he comes on here. Yeah yeah yeah, I know you all love him but, sorry, I think it''s odd.

His daughter''s a Norwich fan so he has an interest.  And information works 2 ways.  He''s mentioned in the past that getting stuff from football forums can pay, e.g. The Star pay 150 quid a time for transfer gossip. Given that you have 30 user accounts on here, wouldn''t you get paid for your time on here if you could ? 

It''s always now or never according to people on here.  It''s like listening to an old Elvis Presley record stuck in a groove.

Strihavka never really turned out the way we all hoped he would.  Showed promise but plainly didn''t adapt, under either manager.

I agree about Brown too monkey.  Strikers who can''t score goals aren''t worth much, to make money on his sale was a master-stroke.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

Yes, just checked before Cameldung could (I saw him on the on the Ipswich MB saying how proud he was of his team''s performance) :-

The window is due to close on the 31st August but because that falls on a Sunday the League have extended it to finish at midnight on Monday 1st September.
It will be similar when the transfer window re opens in the new year. The window is due to close on 31st January which is a Saturday but once again they will extend it to midnight on Monday 2nd February

[/quote]

I am afraid Cameldung didn''t need to check.  He knows that the FA will not issue Player Registration Certificates on any Saturday or Sunday because they don''t have anyone in the office to do so.  Strictly a five day week although up to midnight Mon-Fri in the transfer season.

And it''s the Player Registration Certificate that counts.  When you hand in your team sheet (three copies) to the Referee not later than one hour before the kick off time it states the name of your player and beside that name is a panel for his Registration Number.  One copy he signs and hands back to you.  One copy goes off to the Referees lot, the other goes off to the FA.  He supplies his own Match Report to both the latter, but not to you, although a club can request a copy.

In the transfer window the Registration Certificates can be faxed through to the club up until Midnight "but not beyond Midnight on any date for the closure of the Transfer Season - the timing of any facsimile copy to be judged by the issue time registered on any notification by the Issuing Authority, not the receipt of same by the Applicant Club."

"Any such Player Registration Certificates issued by facsimile machine will be followed by the issue of an original document by post or other means determined by the Issuing Authority within three days of any facsimile transmission.  The original document must be retained within the Club records and be available for inspection upon request by any competent authority.[:|]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

1. How exactly do you come to conclusion that a striker has to come now or never? That''s just bizarre, and personally I think we''re looking towards the end of the window rather than this end. Don''t forget that the closure of the window does not mean the end - loans are still possible.

2. Kept Dave Striker? To keep him would have meant paying his old club an additional £1mil based on the structured transfer agreement that brought him here. For a player who would be, at best, a reserve option, no thanks.

3. Kept Chris Brown? £400k for Brown was a good deal and represented an opportunity to recoup some of the monies paid for him. It was an opportunity too good to miss and I for one don''t regret it for a second.

[/quote]

Christ!!! We paid money for somone? This is bloody scandalous, does the Donk know about this?

ps - I think it''s absolutely fantastic that you don''t regret it for a second, well done.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

I am afraid Cameldung didn''t need to check.  He knows that the FA will not issue Player Registration Certificates on any Saturday or Sunday because they don''t have anyone in the office to do so.  Strictly a five day week although up to midnight Mon-Fri in the transfer season.

And it''s the Player Registration Certificate that counts.  When you hand in your team sheet (three copies) to the Referee not later than one hour before the kick off time it states the name of your player and beside that name is a panel for his Registration Number.  One copy he signs and hands back to you.  One copy goes off to the Referees lot, the other goes off to the FA.  He supplies his own Match Report to both the latter, but not to you, although a club can request a copy.

In the transfer window the Registration Certificates can be faxed through to the club up until Midnight "but not beyond Midnight on any date for the closure of the Transfer Season - the timing of any facsimile copy to be judged by the issue time registered on any notification by the Issuing Authority, not the receipt of same by the Applicant Club."

"Any such Player Registration Certificates issued by facsimile machine will be followed by the issue of an original document by post or other means determined by the Issuing Authority within three days of any facsimile transmission.  The original document must be retained within the Club records and be available for inspection upon request by any competent authority.[:|]

[/quote]

Good for you.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

Christ!!! We paid money for somone? This is bloody scandalous, does the Donk know about this?

ps - I think it''s absolutely fantastic that you don''t regret it for a second, well done.

[/quote]

We did indeed, pay money for someone, BarclayBoy. I''m glad it''s a concept that you can get your head around.

ps - I think it''s marvellous you think it''s absolutely fantastic that I don''t regret it for a second. Well done.

Lay off Camul -he''s one of the top posters on this board. And when I say top I mean in terms of quality, not quantity. And he''s from Colchester.