Sign in to follow this  
Hog

We will not sign another striker in this transfer window!

I am becoming more and more convinced that Roeder is holding out for Iverson, even if that means waiting until January 1st, on Rick Waghorns site, Roeder specifically rules out going for just anyone for the sake of it (http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4026) while I do agree with this I would have thought that we had a plan b or c. I must admit to being a little annoyed if this turns out to be the case and come Sep 1st we go with what we have got!

I am just hoping that perhaps Iverson is a bit of a smokescreen and the real target will be presented to us soon. Can''t see it though sadly.

This thread is rated:

Borderline 1stWizard

Had you not allowed that ounze of hope, this thread would have been given the 1stWizard label.

Ive been saying this for months,

Although I believe Roeder is a good manager and one of the best we''ve had, he still fills the fans with lies.

On a number of occassions he''s gone on about bringing in players, making signings. I remember last Jan when he said the same thing about bringing a forward in. ''''He will be proven, made a big money move but not just cut it''''.

When he says he will bring in a man not a boy and then gets linked with another few kids...

What ever next, I just can''t see us getting this striker, looks like Russell will have a longer stint upfront than he was expecting. If and when I''m proved wrong please bring this post back up.

If it means I have sided with the Wizard then so be it! I am feeling unusually negative today!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]If it means I have sided with the Wizard then so be it! I am feeling unusually negative today![/quote]

This seems to insinuate you actually were positive at one time...

[quote user="StokeCanary"]To be fair there the transfer window is only open for another..... 106 hours and ten minutes [:|][/quote]You''re wrong actually, we have just under 130 hours since it closes on Monday, plenty of time. [:O] [:|]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]If it means I have sided with the Wizard then so be it! I am feeling unusually negative today![/quote]

This seems to insinuate you actually were positive at one time...

[/quote]

Oh I was, very. Like most Norwich fans I approached the new season with a real sense of excitement, I was encouraged by some of the new faces and not too worried when we lost at Coventry. But the clock is ticking and Roeder''s own admission to needing big athletic players is coming back to haunt him!

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="StokeCanary"]To be fair there the transfer window is only open for another..... 106 hours and ten minutes [:|][/quote]

You''re wrong actually, we have just under 130 hours since it closes on Monday, plenty of time. [:O] [:|]
[/quote]

104 hours, 34 minutes to go!!!! It closes midnight Sunday!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="StokeCanary"]To be fair there the transfer window is only open for another..... 106 hours and ten minutes [:|][/quote]

You''re wrong actually, we have just under 130 hours since it closes on Monday, plenty of time. [:O] [:|]
[/quote]

104 hours, 34 minutes to go!!!! It closes midnight Sunday!

[/quote]

No, midnight on 1st - it''s been extended as 31st is a Sunday.

No the transfer window closes on the 1st (Monday) not because 31st is a sunday but because this is when the European deadline ends and it was seen as an unfair advantage so was extended. In my opinion its not the end of the world is GR doesnt get a big lad in as we have enough potential firepower. It would however give us extra options so I hope that we do bag one! One thing is for sure we should be singing our hearts out for Jamie C on sat to boost his confidence! Unlucky to be stuck on 199. Lets give him a boost and a lift with some top cheering for him all afternoon!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

This thread is rated:

Borderline 1stWizard

[/quote]Excellent!I assume to get a "Total 1st Wizard" rating, you should have written**:

Rodent is holding out for

Iverson, even if that means waiting until January 1st... more spin and lies!  It''ll be a baby loanee from some Premiership club who won''t be any good and if he is any good he won''t be here for long.  Mark my words, we''re as good as relegated!

[:''(] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

**Thanks to Microsoft''s "1st Wizard translation" plug-in.

[quote user="theoneandonlycullum"]No the transfer window closes on the 1st (Monday) not because 31st is a sunday but because this is when the European deadline ends and it was seen as an unfair advantage so was extended. In my opinion its not the end of the world is GR doesnt get a big lad in as we have enough potential firepower. It would however give us extra options so I hope that we do bag one! One thing is for sure we should be singing our hearts out for Jamie C on sat to boost his confidence! Unlucky to be stuck on 199. Lets give him a boost and a lift with some top cheering for him all afternoon![/quote]

What makes you think JC will be playing on Saturday?

After his more recent misses he probably couldn''t find the bench!

Never mind he bleeds yellow and green so he doesn''t need to be able to score does he.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="theoneandonlycullum"]No the transfer window closes on the 1st (Monday) not because 31st is a sunday but because this is when the European deadline ends and it was seen as an unfair advantage so was extended. In my opinion its not the end of the world is GR doesnt get a big lad in as we have enough potential firepower. It would however give us extra options so I hope that we do bag one! One thing is for sure we should be singing our hearts out for Jamie C on sat to boost his confidence! Unlucky to be stuck on 199. Lets give him a boost and a lift with some top cheering for him all afternoon![/quote]

What makes you think JC will be playing on Saturday?

After his more recent misses he probably couldn''t find the bench!

Never mind he bleeds yellow and green so he doesn''t need to be able to score does he.

[/quote]Well, even though i havent stated he will play, just that we should give him a cheer, I understand your frustration but getting on his back wont help him. I say we give him a cheer regardless of if he is playing or on the bench. Give him a boost! Certainly better than pointless Huckerby chants! He''s gone, lets cheer our players now and show we are behind them. Jeez, look at Liverpool tonight. They played awful but everytime we saw the crowd they were on there feet, helping the team over the line. Granted there were a few sighs and moans when another kick went astray, but overall, the crowd played their part to lift the team. Something our fans should be helping our exsisting team with! OTBC!

All it means Salahuddin is that you have developed the ability to see through the lies, flim flam and smoke screens put out by the club.

Just take the envious criticisim as a back handed compliment, I do![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

All it means Salahuddin is that you have developed the ability to see through the lies, flim flam and smoke screens put out by the club.

[/quote]

Despite the fact it seriously isn''t. It also isn''t "envious criticism" - which I''m sure is an oxymoron.

Sala, being serious, we all know that Roeder works with a limited budget.That much is plain. With that budget, Roeder has so far done a good job. I think everyone can agree that. Clingan, Hoolahan, Bertrand, Stefanovic, Omozusi, Kennedy, Bell, Lupoli, Nelson and OJ are all, if you ask me, decent players that have made our squad stronger (with perhaps the exception of OJ who I''ve yet to see).

What''s left is the target man, who could be a very important player. That''s a big decision and one that I know cannot be taken lightly. I would much, much rather see Roeder wait and sign the right man than sign any man. Why spoil a good close season of activity with one rushed, poor signing?

I don''t mind if it takes Roeder until the next window to find that man. I think it''s very important. In the mean time, we will have to work hard to find the right way of playing without this man in our team.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Despite the fact it seriously isn''t. It also isn''t "envious criticism" - which I''m sure is an oxymoron.

Sala, being serious, we all know that Roeder works with a limited budget.That much is plain. With that budget, Roeder has so far done a good job. I think everyone can agree that. Clingan, Hoolahan, Bertrand, Stefanovic, Omozusi, Kennedy, Bell, Lupoli, Nelson and OJ are all, if you ask me, decent players that have made our squad stronger (with perhaps the exception of OJ who I''ve yet to see).

What''s left is the target man, who could be a very important player. That''s a big decision and one that I know cannot be taken lightly. I would much, much rather see Roeder wait and sign the right man than sign any man. Why spoil a good close season of activity with one rushed, poor signing?

I don''t mind if it takes Roeder until the next window to find that man. I think it''s very important. In the mean time, we will have to work hard to find the right way of playing without this man in our team.

[/quote]

It must  be wonderful to live in your little world of denial MM, but even you will have to wake up soon as to just how bad our new signings really are.

If you think last year was bad..........             

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, let''s not rush eh, I mean we''ve only had since the end of the season, when Evans went back and Dion retired. Let''s not rush into anything eh? Roeder has done exceptionally well with his pennies, shame that 5 of the players you mentioned don''t actually belong to us isn''t it? Football tends to be about scoring more goals than the other side, so as we have seen so far, lots of decent play outside the box will result in sweet FA is we don''t have an end product. But that''s ok let''s follow your advice and wait until.....next season, the season after??