Sign in to follow this  
machoman

Sir Bobbie Robson

Breaking news, Sir Bobbie has gone - very shabby Newcastle - the minute Freddie Sheppard publicly undermined the authority of his manager by announcing he would go whatever at the end of the season, he allowed the players to dictate what they wanted to do. Shame on you Bellamy, Shearer, Dyer et al. A case of the tail wagging the dog methinks.

to be fair newcastle were going backwards under robson, not to mention the years he ad to get the defence right. only thing is they should have had the decency to let robson resign.

Following Newcastle''s lead and stupid logic, Sack Worthy now!. Both have the same record this season, so Nigel boy has to go.

Bloody stupid ignorant fools, I always liked Sir Bobby, yes I kown he was an ex binnner, but he was still a nice bloke despite that!. He did''nt deserve that.

I hope they damn well get relegated now, and keep their mucky mits off Nigel!.

I don''t care about his Portaloo links, I do care however about the way that he has been forced out by an awful chairman.

Yes, Newcastle have had a poor start, but the way Robson was treated by the club has been deplorable - telling the guy that his contract would not be renewed at the end of the season was the final nail in the coffin - a novel way of saying that he had the full support of the board! The man is a legend as far as football management goes - up there with Paisley, Clough etc and he did not deserve to go in this manner. I always had a sneaking respect for Newcastle but that has been completely ruined by this - as the wise Wiz says, lets hope they suffer the consequences and get relegated (does Freddy Shepherd not remember what happened to Leeds post O''Leary..?).

Quite agree Wizard,player power has ruled again and Bobby Robson has been badly treated by his players and chairman.What a sad way for him to finish his career, still lets hope they give the job to Shearer and then they have a crap season.

Cmon then lets all predict who will take over the hot seat at Newcastle? My moneys on Shearer.

Shearer will in a few years time but I''ve heard Newcastle don''t want to risk him yet. Too inexperienced. Bruce has been linked a lot but I doubt Brum would let him go. My money''s on Houllier, short term anyways

Keep the faith

i think the only person who can do it is the aformentioned chairman, after all he is running the show, remind you of anyone does he?

shearer has obviously got his way - yet again, he doesn''t use just his shoulder off the pitch it would seem

i would dearly like to see him be put in charge and take them as near as he can to relegation

yes, folks - i am shearer''s biggest fan. I don''t particuarly like sir bobby, but whoever the manager is, sacking someone after FOUR games is madness and will do the club no good whatsoever!! still, with southampton, everton and now newcastle all with their proverbial knickers in a twist, we can only smile i suppose

and no, nige won''t be going up north, unless to poach any of their decent players! lol

My guess would be Shearer - but not yet - maybe as second to some ''stop-gap'' until Shearer decides he too gets the boot - since what Shearer wants Shearer gets. On the Villatalk site there''s an interesting point. It is 5 years to the week that a non-injured Shearer was on the bench - 3 days later Gullit was dismissed. Saturday, Shearer on the bench and now Sir Bobbie has gone - mmmmmm!

Bruce has just signed a longer term contract, although as he is from the North East I wouldn''t be surprised if he fancied the job. Lets hope they don''t try and get their hooks into Worthy!