Sign in to follow this  
Here We Go

If Southampton can do it...

.... why can''t we.

ALst night they Beat the Brum two - nil. This must gives us soem hope, of gettign a result, as they are coming of a bad lose, and we are coming off a well fought 2 all draw. Lets get behind are boys on saturday and push them to what some think we can''t do

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!

I agree - Birmingham are undoubtedly one of the best teams in the CCC but are not unbeatable as Tues result suggests...we did the double over them in 06/07 too!! [:)]

Agreed, let''s hope that Maik Taylor, Martin Taylor, Larsson, McFadden and Nafti are all missing from Saturday''s game just as they were on Tuesday night....

i think we have a fairly good chance against them. a win could really kickstart our season. i''d start to worry if we put in a bad performance though, as this is the kind of game we would normally raise the performance for.

...and Phillips/O''Connor, with 5 league goals between them in three games, only played one half each.  I was kind-of hoping for extra time and/or a few injuries, but the former didn''t happen and there''s been no (good) news on the latter!!

If we had signed a striker I would have given us a pretty good chance of beating them, but they will be to strong for us at the back I fear. Trouble is I think they will score at least once against us with their array of striking talent and we are most likely going to have to score 2 or 3 to get something from the game. The fact that we have only scored 3 in 4 games against mediocre opposition so far doesn''t exactly fill me with much confidence. Desperately hoping I''m wrong but as things stand I think we will draw at best.

Yes Birmingham did have few players missing but they still had a strong team which most people would have expected to beat Saints when you consider that their current first team is basically last years youth team.I went to the match and Southampton not only won 2-0 but they also played them off the park.   It was the best I have seen Southampton play in about 2 years.  If we get the ball down and pass it around forming nice little triagles to link up play we stand a very good chance of beating them

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Agreed, let''s hope that Maik Taylor, Martin Taylor, Larsson, McFadden and Nafti are all missing from Saturday''s game just as they were on Tuesday night....[/quote]

on good info Nafti, Augustin Mcfad  injured  and Tiny was said to be nursing a back pain, could be the one match to kick start us off

To **** with all this negativity, we can beat Birmingham on Saturday, and we will win. Now stop all this talk of yes but they were missing blah di blah and so and so, you gives a flying **** there only elven Humans, not like they have superman and spiderman in there team.

We are the canaries and we will play them of the park

Do you watch us play much, Belaugh? ;o)

Wish i could match the optimism, but i don''t give us a hope is hell of getting anything on Saturday. We''re outclassed in every area on paper.

far to much quality in their squad to say big players out

we have a chance, but brum still favs

but they have big enough squad to cope something we dont have

I have been watching us play and we have been playign some good football, better than last season in my eyes. and we are not out classed in every area on paper.

Did the team that beat Man Utd in the FA cup last year (Think it was barnsly could be wrong) think ''oh there is no point in playing were totally out classed, lets just stand there and do nothing'' did they no they didn''t they stood up and were counted they played like it was teh FA cup final and they won, and we should do the same.

We as fans should be behind the boys every step of the way, liek at Middisbourgh in the priemership we got behind the lads when we went 4-1 down, and we picked them up. We do it at the weekend and anything is possible.

If you don''t want to then your supporting the wrong club if you want to be quite then go down the road to poorman road, and watch them play.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

I have been watching us play and we have been playign some good football, better than last season in my eyes. and we are not out classed in every area on paper.

Did the team that beat Man Utd in the FA cup last year (Think it was barnsly could be wrong) think ''oh there is no point in playing were totally out classed, lets just stand there and do nothing'' did they no they didn''t they stood up and were counted they played like it was teh FA cup final and they won, and we should do the same.

We as fans should be behind the boys every step of the way, liek at Middisbourgh in the priemership we got behind the lads when we went 4-1 down, and we picked them up. We do it at the weekend and anything is possible.

If you don''t want to then your supporting the wrong club if you want to be quite then go down the road to poorman road, and watch them play.

[/quote]

Oh, the optimism of youth...........I used to be like that once but after watching this outfit for over 40 years it does seem a very long time ago.

Be realistic BY, we can get behind the lads as much as we like but it''ll still be a bit of a surprise if we get anything out of the game. Not quite David v Goliath, true, but they are by far the stronger team which explains why the bookies think Brum will win.

Incidentally I don''t know if you were at that Middlesbrough match,but, far from getting behind the lads at 4-1 all I could see was a mass exodus. And now those that left are miffed ''cos they missed the fightback. Shame innit...

Good God man, you read a lot into my couple of sentences didn''t you?

Did i say there was no point in playing? Did i say i wouldn''t be behind the boys? And where the hell did you get the Ipswich connection from?

For your information, i WILL be there, in the Snakepit as always, singing for the entire match until my voice is hoarse, just as i was when we came back against Middlesbrough. But regardless of what my heart ''says'', and the support i will give the team come Saturday, my head says we''re up against a much better side, and that we''ll do well to keep the score down.

Is that alright with you?

yeah thats cool.

I was at the middislbourgh game and i stayed to the end, like i do with every match, i don''t think optimisiam(spelling) is a bad thing. I believe we get behind the team then we can do anything, we have shown it in the past and we can show it again.

and the bit about ipswich wasn''t a dig at you it was a dig at everyone that wants to stay quite during a game.

And also against a much better side, what were Man Utd then a average side that had middle table hopes?? i think not they were title contenders (I know they didn''t win the title but its the point) and we beat them convincingly, keeping teh likes of Rooney and Ronaldo, quite. That what we must do keep there best players quite and sing are team to success.

There has been to much ****ing moaning these days(not sayign from you lot) but there has been, if we want a season like teh promotion season then it must stop, we all must realise that, we must get of players backs, and help them through a game when they are down like they help us when we are quite.

Now you can call me crazy, an optimist, whatever you like, but don''t doubt that on saturday i will be making my voice heard, lifting teh players, to the last.