Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Away fans in the home section

Yesterday we had two Arsenal fans near us who stood up, shouted abuse and tried to intimidate everyone around them each time Arsenal scored. This was in the Jarrold Stand near the river end. As this is an area where a lot of families with young kids sit it was a very pretty disappointing to see the stewards standing around doing nothing about it for 45 minutes.

At half time the pair were either ejected or moved to the away end, but on another day it would have ended in violence long before then. If the stewards are incapable of dealing with hooligans promptly then the police should have been called.

Can we do anything to stop this sort of thing happening again?

there was a couple in the snakepit as well . if he hadnt been so gobby and waving his hands about then maybe he wouldnt have been noticed as much .

I really hate this but I knew it would happen - there were some behind the goal at the river end aswell.

I really doubt they are from north London though -just glory hunting norfolk people that couldnt hack it being a norwich fan while we have been in division 1.

Im obviously really hoping that we carry on being succesfull and stay in the prem, and increase the ground capacity but the only problem is I think we''ll then end up with big sections of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea fans in the home sections (all with Norfolk accents lol!).

Rant over!

If we are going to sit in the home sections of Wimbledon, Watford, Crewe then we cant complain about other teams supporters doing it to us!

Yes, but Norwich fans in home sections of the grounds you mention were''nt stopping members of Wimbledon, Watford and Crewe getting a ticket for the game, plenty of seats were available in home arears.
Many Norwich City members missed out on a ticket for the Arsenal game, they must of been peeved to see tickets end up in the hands of glorying hunting gooners.

During the last years in the top division there were 1000''s of opposition fans in the home fans area (esp, man utd and liverpool). Just how do these away supporters get hold of tickets??! I know how impossible it is to get hold of a ticket (even being a member with stubs, etc), so how the hell do away fans manage to get them?? I''ve seen websites which sell tickets to (allegedly) every premiership game, so I wander if it is by this means that away fans get these tickets??

Yeah there was some seating near me who had arsenal shirts it is a disgrace how can they be allowed to even stay seated there by the police or the ground stewards?

It is disgusting when there was loads of Norwich fans who would love ot get a ticket for the game

when i was watching the match on the tv as arsenal scored you can easily see fans jumping up and down behind the goal and one arsenal fan even has the nerve to wear a norwich shirt aswell

OTBC

I am really sick of this. I sat next to two Arsenal fans, a man and boy,(presumably father and son) with local sounding accents who celebrated each Arsenal goal openly. If you are going to sit in the oppositions section you should act in a neutral way, sit on your hands and keep quiet. If you cannot at least do this then you should stay away. It was bad enough to suffer the defeat without hearing jibes like "see you later" every time Henry went past one of our players which wasnt'' funny the first time let alone the tenth.

I think the club should get tough about this, give warnings on tickets and around the ground that anyone obviously supporting a team in the wrong section of the ground would be ejected from the stadium (and definetly not moved to the away section even if there is room) and enforce the rule without exception.
Perhaps the Pink''un could take this up with the club, there are bound to be games with a lot more at stake later in the season and some people will be less tolerant. Its trouble waiting to happen.

Well, it''s also up to us to kick up a fuss about it when it happens. It''s easy in the Barclay - everyone will have a go at them and the stewards will haul them out. When the guy was jumping about did you complain to the stewards in the stand? Or just start barracking the guy. It''s either going to shut him up or get you into an argument that will get him chucked out before you.

what is even wrose is when i heard the people who live next door to me who are ipswich fans where at the game and got free tickets because the young lad was a ball boy

Yeah I have heard of this too. Because the bloody ball boys are so young they give two free tickets to the parents in order to accompany them. Add up all the ball boys they have and that is the number of tickets that members etc cant get hold of.

I am sorry flecko but it is not the fans jobs to get in arguments with the away fans it is the stewards or police job if we can see away fans in the home section why can''t the stewards or the police ? and the club has got a cctv system in the ground why can''t they pick out these people

also I was told once that the club could tell from cctv what seat number anyone is sitting in?
and trace there ticket so why don''t they?

Yes - but the stewards aren''t really going to do anything unless the presence of ''away'' fans are causing problems. At least go to the steward and complain - ask for them to be removed. We shouldn''t just sit there and whinge later.

I did not report them because a child was involved, if it had been two adults I would have definetly alerted a steward. If a steward does nothing I suggest we go up the chain of command until something is done.

Lets interrogate everyone as they pass thru the turnstiles shall we? How exactly are NCFC supposed to stop this.
If there were Arsenal fans in the norwich seats they must have been given the tickets by other ncfc season ticket holders or members and that''s their business.
I personally would feel uncomfortable amongst opposing fans but really wouldn''t have a problem if there''s an opponents fan sitting near me. And didn''t we do the same at Watford etc? Really lets grow up and concentrate on the game rather than be distracted and wound up by those around us. To be honest there''s one or two ncfc fans near where i sit who i''d like an ejection seat for!

robbo

it is a fact of life, even now, that many people who have season tickets for carrow road are not norwich supporters, believe me!!! Even those that are, go on holiday, have wedddings, etc and give their ticket to other ''football'' fans. How can the club ever police their ticket allocation? Answer they can''t. If you have had one for years, i suspect little or no checking is done to find out who it is occasionally ''loaned'' to. As you said, our last spell in the prem, there were dozens of opposition fans in the home areas. It happens, and nothing the club can do will ever stop the odd gloryhunter from attending games!

to put your mind at rest, on saturday, i had a spare ticket, which i advertised on this board and a lovely chap had it for the day, a norwich fan living in london who sees few games, as the ticket holder couldn''t make the game, i saw no reason why another norwich fan should miss out.

I''m probably going to be a bit controversial here but if any fans are annoyed about not being able to get tickets for the big games, maybe you should have got yourself a season ticket when they were available. ie when we were c*"p and needed all the supporters we could get (where were YOU then).
You would admittedly have seen some awful games in div 1 but you have to take the rough with the smooth.
If you''re going to use the excuse of not being able to afford it kids season tickets are dirt cheap and for all tickets you can pay by 0% interest over 9 months easy really. Therefore if you''re not a glory hunter yourself, you would by now already have a season ticket.
if you''re going to use the excuse of working some weekends, i do too so i can''t see every game but i''m still a season ticket holder and have been for most of the first division tedium.
As for how do away fans get tickets in home areas, when i can''t go i give my ticket to other people sometimes they may support the away team. But at the end of the day its my ticket, i can do with it as i wish.
Whatever happens this season i''m going to enjoy it and hope we can stay up. (i''m sure we will)
come on you yellows

There was plenty of complaining going on in the ''Snakepit'' on Saturday Fley. Trust me it''s not part of the ground where we keep quiet and whinge later. Alas the Stewards and police, ignored us and indeed looked right through us. Perhaps lacking the training/ability to know how to deal with the situation? In my eyes it was simple - throw them out. Of course away fans will get hold of tickets in the home sections but if they can''t keep quiet, and indeed take the p*ss - then they have to go don''t they? Stewards , police , don''t they??? What is it I have missed? How on earth it didn''t kick off big time in the ''Snakepit'' on Saturday I''ll never know. Maybe thats a positive for the Norwich fans. Though I''m sure once it did ''kick off'' the stewards and police would of happily moved in with theri size 9''s. Am I being harsh/cynical - I don''t know? I do know the club need to sort this out, as however much patience Norwich fans hgave - it isn''t infinite.

NCFC need to do something about this. Of course they can''t interview everyone who walks through the turnstile but they need to have boards up which say ''No away fans'' - which they currently don''t. Without a clearly advertised policy there is no reason why away fans should be ejected from the home end (unless of course they are starting trouble - and cheering for their team is not, in my opinion, causing trouble). I wrote to NCFC about this after the West ham game last year - and i am still waiting for a response ! enough said !!!

However, with the help of the Pink''un I''m sure we can put our views forward to NCFC - can any of the web team help here???

one gooner in the snakepit was really taking the piss and thought the whole thing was hilarious ,waving his arms around and generally attracting attention which incensed us even more . his mates ( who i think were norwich fans ) also thought it was dead funny . as far as im concerned no norwich fan should encourage their mates to come to carrow road and support the opposition in the home ends .

One question on this subject, as we all know as you go through the turnstiles there''s always a steward or police close by, so how did they get in with an Arsenal shirt on ?

RE: The gonners in the snakepit

I asked the steward why they didn''t kick those two out of the ground and he said it was because he wasn''t causing any trouble - despite openly waving obsenities at Norwich supporters. What was more sickening was the fact that he was with a group of 8 or 9 "Norwich" fans were just as bad. Sickening, really. Thankfully they kicked them out at half-time.

So there you have it: away supporters are allowed to sit in the Snakepit and incite crowd trouble but we''re not allowed to stand up in case we hurt ourselves.

ii agree yoda.

Away areas are for away fans the same as home areas are for City fans.